Table Pack #30 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just theorizing here...

What if BSD was saved for Halloween and released independently of any season? Therefore for licensing purposes, it would never be discounted in a season pack? Perhaps that helps with not needing a kickstarter, since the table would never be discounted? And then the next season starts up the month after. Purely spit balling, since no one else has brought that up as a possibility.

Doesn't seem likely. Especially as it's unlikely that Season Pass 4 will be sold until ten months later, so shouldn't affect revenue of one individual table much.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Just theorizing here...

What if BSD was saved for Halloween and released independently of any season? Therefore for licensing purposes, it would never be discounted in a season pack? Perhaps that helps with not needing a kickstarter, since the table would never be discounted? And then the next season starts up the month after. Purely spit balling, since no one else has brought that up as a possibility.

That would actually make some sense, especially if it meant getting BSD (or any other kind of licensed tables for that matter) without having to resort to Kickstarter.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
When do you think they will announce table 30. i know they have not even announced table 29 yet just wondering

The assumption being made is that #29 is going to be Diner, which has been announced for this season. Unless, of course, they decide to end the season with Diner, so in that case this would be a table pack #29 thread.

Either way this is a next unknown table thread.

They'll probably announce it in like a month and a half.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Just theorizing here...

That actually would be a good approach to getting licensed tables out without as much risk for the company. I don't think it has been considered before but if that could help being tables people want, that would be an awesome move.

N

netizen

Just theorizing here...

This has been discussed several times, yet the idea of doing things without kickstarters, or making "premium" tables not part of a season hasn't ever been greeted fondly until the cancellation of the pre-purchasing of season passes.

This idea was the way many forum members originally foresaw that the "premium" tables would be sold, and then when they were stuck in the season passes it put a lot of downward pressure on those that would contribute to later KS, namely T2, as they would simply get it in their S2 pass if it were to be successful anyway.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
When asked on Facebook if they plan on releasing another horror themed pin in October for Halloween, Farsight responded...

"We have something pretty cool planned for halloween, yes."

The FS response was today. But that vague of a response could mean just about anything.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
When asked on Facebook if they plan on releasing another horror themed pin in October for Halloween, Farsight responded...

The FS response was today. But that vague of a response could mean just about anything.

At the very least it suggests that yes, this Haloween will continue the tradition of Haloween themed tables, or whatever.

IE, it's not going to be a random game that has nothing to do with Haloween.

Are there even unlicensed tables left that would fit a Haloween vibe? DMD-Alpha Numeric age, I don't think so. I think there's no question it's going to be Phantom of the Opera, Tales from the Crypt, or Dracula. Any one of those would be awesome.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Anyways my guess for #30 remains Dracula. I wouldn't mind Rescue 911 so long as that's the last Premier game ever. There's been a strong suspicion it's Dracula for a while and I don't know who started it, what's behind the rumor, or if there's any merit to it whatsoever, but, I want the game so bad that I don't care. Even if I'm let down. My pic's Drac.

Followed by TFTC for 31, start of Season 4 in October.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
At the very least it suggests that yes, this Haloween will continue the tradition of Haloween themed tables, or whatever.

IE, it's not going to be a random game that has nothing to do with Haloween.

Are there even unlicensed tables left that would fit a Haloween vibe? DMD-Alpha Numeric age, I don't think so. I think there's no question it's going to be Phantom of the Opera, Tales from the Crypt, or Dracula. Any one of those would be awesome.

I don't believe Phantom of the Opera has any license attached to it. I believe the original book is public domain and the table is not based on a movie or stage adaptation. (Someone correct me if I am wrong though. )

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If the same few people on FB keep requesting the same tables,that doesn't mean it is highly requested. It just means that those 7-8 people keep posting the same pins. Fathom is one of the highest rated SS games of all time.

Fathom is currently #66 on the IPDB charts - ahead of Junk Yard,Black Rose,Black Knight 2000, and Rescue 911. On Pinside's top 100,it currently ranks #74 - ahead of Black Rose,High Speed,Safe Cracker,and F-14 Tomcat...to name a few. Farsight has stated that they take those lists into account.

So, I asked Farsight about the ever so popular, amazing "Fathom" today, and here was the response I got:

How likely is it that we'll see "Fathom" anytime soon, and do you guys get many requests for it?

Not likely at all, we have other tables we're sure are a bit more popular to get to first.

That was easy.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012

My (loose) prediction: Either BSD or TFTC.

Yup, really putting my balls on the chopping block with that one.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So, I asked Farsight about the ever so popular, amazing "Fathom" today, and here was the response I got:

That was easy.

I want Fathom, Xenon, etc. Dunno why they are so anti-early 80's Bally. Centaur sold better than any of the Gottliebs last season.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I want Fathom, Xenon, etc. Dunno why they are so anti-early 80's Bally. Centaur sold better than any of the Gottliebs last season.

I don't think it's that they're anti-early 80's Bally, so much as they are more pro-mid 80's-to-early 90's Williams and Bally. I think the Williams and Bally licenses came together so when they ran out there for a while, they weren't making either. Now that they can make them again, I think their higher priority has been the Williams and later Ballys that we've seen so much of lately. So, I don't think they necessarily cared for Gottlieb over the earlier Ballys. That said, it doesn't really explain Lights, Camera, Action, but who knows? An oddball gets thrown in there every once in a while. Once they run low of the mid 80's-to-early 90's Williams and Bally tables, we may yet see some of those early 80's Ballys. That might not be for another season or so, though.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Post a request on Facebook and I'll gladly pile on your request. Fathom and Xenon would be fantastic.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I'm not a big early 80's fan for tables, but I will have to say I also wouldn't mind seeing those 3 on TPA. Seawitch, Xenon, and Fathom. I have played them and do like them a lot. As for Rescue 911, I talked to Bobby King on Facebook, he said that game is a very popular table, and will be done in the future. He said he just doesn't know when, and couldn't say anyway because things could change quickly.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
As for Rescue 911, I talked to Bobby King on Facebook, he said that game is a very popular table, and will be done in the future. He said he just doesn't know when, and couldn't say anyway because things could change quickly.

Well,I did ask on FB tonight about Rescue 911, and the TPA rep said not anytime soon. (Sorry,Dokken) Maybe it'll make it into Season 5...

Post a request on Facebook and I'll gladly pile on your request. Fathom and Xenon would be fantastic.

I agree completely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts