Table Pack #30 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Well,I did ask on FB tonight about Rescue 911, and the TPA rep said not anytime soon. (Sorry,Dokken) Maybe it'll make it into Season 5...

Yeah, I've already said that they don't seem too fond of "Rescue 911", for whatever reason.

Oh well.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
This has been discussed several times, yet the idea of doing things without kickstarters, or making "premium" tables not part of a season hasn't ever been greeted fondly until the cancellation of the pre-purchasing of season passes.

This idea was the way many forum members originally foresaw that the "premium" tables would be sold, and then when they were stuck in the season passes it put a lot of downward pressure on those that would contribute to later KS, namely T2, as they would simply get it in their S2 pass if it were to be successful anyway.

I think it would make more sense to sell the licensed tables standalone, frankly. I mean how prominently are they mentioned in the description of the Pinball Arcade? I'd have to think a Twilight Zone Pinball or Star Trek TNG pinball app would have much better visibility than "The Pinball Arcade" and then mention of these tables in the fine print.

Personally I like having them all under one roof, but I could understand the business logic of breaking them out.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Once they run low of the mid 80's-to-early 90's Williams and Bally tables, we may yet see some of those early 80's Ballys. That might not be for another season or so, though.

I would not be surprised to see Eight Ball Deluxe and Xenon in the near future, these seem to be the two early 80s tables that get the most requests. (I would also not be surprised to never see these tables, but if they do an early 80s table I'd think they'd pick one of these two.)

Last edited:
N

netizen

That makes four of us. I still don't understand why there are no Sega or Data East tables yet. Why can they only use Gottlieb, Stern, Bally and Williams tables?

Maybe because the majority of those (Data East/Sega) are licensed, and perhaps FS hasn't got the emulation worked out yet? :confused:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Temporary thread closure until a moderator more in command of his faculties than I am (I've been watching the World Cup all day) can review the action and make a decision.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
OK, the speculation thread is open again. I've purged it of the irrelevant sales figure sideshow. Keep it civil and on-topic, please. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'll say Road Show, and be disappointed if it is.
Maybe I'd like to see BSD, but I was never really that fond of it, and I played it quite a bit.
What I would really like is to "Riiiiiiiiiiide the Hurricane!"

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'd be shocked if it was anything else but "Bram stoker's Dracula". I'm not a betting man whatsoever, but I'd place a bet on this one.

As for "Roadshow", I don't get it? (Well, I do, it's yet another Lawlor table, but we have quite a few of those already) The table, purely based on pictures and video, just doesn't look as fun for as much hype and love as it's getting. I guess it's one of those "You have to play it to understand" type deals.

Personally, I think "Xenon" looks more fun, and that's a bare bones type table. I really hope we get that one next season.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'd be shocked if it was anything else but "Bram stoker's Dracula". I'm not a betting man whatsoever, but I'd place a bet on this one.

As for "Roadshow", I don't get it? (Well, I do, it's yet another Lawlor table, but we have quite a few of those already) The table, purely based on pictures and video, just doesn't look as fun for as much hype and love as it's getting. I guess it's one of those "You have to play it to understand" type deals.

Personally, I think "Xenon" looks more fun, and that's a bare bones type table. I really hope we get that one next season.

The reason why Roadshow is so popular is because it has an extremely deep rule set. About 20 modes, a "Wheel" of rewards you can activate, lots of gimmicks, and great aesthetics to boot.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The reason why Roadshow is so popular is because it has an extremely deep rule set. About 20 modes, a "Wheel" of rewards you can activate, lots of gimmicks, and great aesthetics to boot.

It is very deep but the playfield just doesn't have as much speed or fun as other designs of his. I am a fan but I would ran it in the bottom half of his tables. Too much congestion on the playfield.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd prefer to see RollerCoaster Tycoon, Earthshaker, Safe Cracker, or NASCAR (Grand Prix) before Road Show if are going for a Lawlor. But I wouldn't be bummed if it's the Pack #30 pin. It's popular (and frequently requested) and would make a lot of people happy.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

20 Modes? Damn.

I wasn't aware, again, just basing my opinion off of pictures and video.

Personally, I'd rather have "Safe Cracker" or "Monopoly" if we're going to do another Lawlor table, but there's no denying how many people want this table. I'm pretty sure we'll see this and "Earthshaker" next season.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
20 Modes? Damn.

I wasn't aware, again, just basing my opinion off of pictures and video.

Personally, I'd rather have "Safe Cracker" or "Monopoly" if we're going to do another Lawlor table, but there's no denying how many people want this table. I'm pretty sure we'll see this and "Earthshaker" next season.

Earthshaker and Cyclone are all but guaranteed for next season, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts