Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
C1812 scores mainly on ramps (and multiball). No timers related to the ramps. The table is Top 100 on ipdb. LCA is now Top 300.
And what abour Groover's millions and Zom.B's bonus? They give very significant amount of points.
And that ranking..... Class of 1812 is #94 with 7.77 and LCA is #204 with 7.29. But IMO, that ratings don't say much. There is 250 tables in 1 point diffrence. And the last one is almost 7 so all I can say, there's no stinker if we do respect general public opinion.
And if you look at this http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6104-The-Pinball-Arcade-table-ratings than LCA with far less votes stands better. But I have serious issues with accepting coments on certain tables when Genie from people here didn't get even 5. Not to mention BK which is even lower and on that very same ipdb is #51.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
(And how the heck can you reference the "First Impressions" thread when the second I click on it, I see things like "Unplayable" and "My first impression is not favorable"?!? LOL)
l
well, if you spend more than just a second you clicked there you would have seen that out of 42 comments there most of them are positive. But apparently your opinions are always based on what you get from that one second you actually invest into something.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think this season has been so good because not only did we get highly popular, highly requested tables, but the graphics and art have been so much more improved. Now, with that said, I will admit that I'm burned out on all the DMD's. Like you, I'm dying for some good ole simple tables like "F-14 Tomcat", "Xenon", and "Phantom of the Opera". I actually can't wait to finally play "Diner".

Check out the Zaccaria App. Old School tables and the new physics engine is awesome. lots of customization.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Agreed.

Although season 2 would be similar if you take out the "add-on" tables.

Dr Dude, Cactus Canyon, White Water, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, Flight 2000, T2, Haunted House, 1812, and Cue Ball Wizard would most likely be the lineup.

I only enjoyed "Pin*Bot", "Flight 2000", "Cue Ball Wizard", and "Class of 1812" out of that list.

I grew up playing T2, and was never a fan of it. I think they really missed the mark by not adding in the "T-1000" sttuf. (Besides that 1 image of him). They excluded such things before the table was released before the movie, so they didn't want to spoil anything. It would've been pretty cool to see more of him in the artwork and DMD.

I'm willing to bet everyone likes it more than they thought. Whenever anyone says season 2 was a stinker they always site el dorado and goin' nuts. Thats only 2 tables out of 20. I would say the majority of season 2 was great.

Not I.

Again, I didn't enjoy most of those tables.

And what abour Groover's millions and Zom.B's bonus? They give very significant amount of points.
And that ranking..... Class of 1812 is #94 with 7.77 and LCA is #204 with 7.29. But IMO, that ratings don't say much. There is 250 tables in 1 point diffrence. And the last one is almost 7 so all I can say, there's no stinker if we do respect general public opinion.
And if you look at this http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6104-The-Pinball-Arcade-table-ratings than LCA with far less votes stands better. But I have serious issues with accepting coments on certain tables when Genie from people here didn't get even 5. Not to mention BK which is even lower and on that very same ipdb is #51.

You crack me up.

Apparently, not only do facts not matter to you, but neither do official pinball table ratings. lol That totally makes sense! ;)

well, if you spend more than just a second you clicked there you would have seen that out of 42 comments there most of them are positive. But apparently your opinions are always based on what you get from that one second you actually invest into something.

Not really. Again, the speculation thread was full of arguing and heated debates, and the thread that YOU referenced in our discussion has comments about LCA in a negative light. Again, I would invest in some reading glasses.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
One of the best parts of TPA comes from playing a table I've never played before and ended up enjoying completely.

Agreed -- I actually fairly regularly play Centaur and Firepower from Season 2, and also play Flight 2K, Cactus Canyon, Centaur, Firepower, Teed Off, and Pinbot occasionally. The only two tables of these I've played IRL are Teed Off and Pinbot.

I even occasionally go on a Central Park spree because it's such a different challenge. :p

So yeah, I personally don't mind Season 2 that much, even though even from a personal perspective that season has more "misses" to me than Season 1 or 3 (with Season 1 being really hard to top). At the same time, I can see where the complainers come from.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
and....how do you know all this confirmed information Zen?
But It Does Sounds Good To Me!!! Don't get me wrong sir just curious on your information.
So the first week of October will be TAF? That's one month from BSD release and you say it's the first new Season 4 table in the first week of October?
Where did you pick up your Crystal Ball ???
Because I could use one of them.
---------------
I don't know about the actual dates, but I do remember that FS sent a "it's official" notice to us.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
W1LLD ONE great date for a birthday !!! same as my big baby he`s 34. as for the tables I luv them all,there all great in there own quirky way.i look at it this way,if you have steak everyday you would get sick of it. we have 50 tables so far,everyday I play 5 different tables.i never get sick of any.my top 5 at the moment are 1.TAXI 2.DINER 3.HIGH ROLLER 4.DR. DUDE 5.FISH TALES. I got to admit my top 5 change all the time,but TAXI is always in my 5 ( always loved TAXI ) in my younger days I played a lot of GOTLIEBS and I`ve always had and always will have a soft spot for them !!! well everyone, here`s to all our new tables . :cool:
-----------------
That is why I wish we will get EM tables in season 4, (etc.).

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Let's hope they tell us atleast 3 tables which will be in season 4 like they did with season 3
I bet we could easily guess them

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I actually liked LCA and still do. Although I would have preferred Surf N' Safari, which I hope will be the season 4 Gottlieb.

Their old EM's and solid states were much better. I'd like to see more Gottliebs in that vein, but I know FarSight will put ridiculously hard wizard goals in them.
--------------
good, logical thinking there eh. :cool:;)

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
-----------
I share the same opinion...ratings don't say much.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
except that general public is far more open minded than most of TPA players which are more picky. :D But seriously, half of TPA tables have lower ratings than #300 on ipdb.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've had discussions with various people at FarSight, and I brought up EMs. The simple truth is that unless it's a big time recognizable name, like Fireball, you're not gonna see many. There is no emulation, so they have to be entirely scripted. We all know how well that goes over with everyone *cough*BlackHoleBlackNight*cough* and it's time consuming as a one off. There is a much better chance of seeing more SS tables, as entire systems can be emulated.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So you're saying they're going to make Fireball.

Hehe, no! I'm saying IF they do another EM, it's gonna have to have something special like the zipper flippers on Fireball.

Don't go reading into what I'm saying, you cheeky monkeys :D

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Hehe, no! I'm saying IF they do another EM, it's gonna have to have something special like the zipper flippers on Fireball.

Don't go reading into what I'm saying, you cheeky monkeys :D

YAAAAY!!!! Fireball is coming in season 4!!!!! I can't wait!!!

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.