Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
You folks can like whatever your hearts desire. LCA is just not for me and many others from what I have read in the past. Diner for being our latest newer table that I played for the first time at the "Texas Pinball Festival" this year was a lot of fun and when FarSight had the voting and we received this table I read a lot of folks were not happy with it some said it's too easy and so on I still love this table but again no one will ever totally agree on any table FarSight brings us period.

And Life Goes On.....

Class of 1812 last Halloween was not for me either and many others this past year so hey we will all never like the same brand of toilet paper. Ha Ha! If they open up season 4 with Bone Busters I'am not interested but who cares it's just not for me that's all. Chill I love all the pinhead community we all love pinball some want newer tables and some want tables from their era we are all of a variety of ages but we all love and probably play pinball daily at sometime like me. When I buy a new table I never played it's a gamble I play it for some length of time and you know if you love it or hate it plain and simple.

Variety are the spices of life. My age is 50 as of July 12th so I want tables from when I was hanging out in arcades we all slowly get some great past tables we want eventually and I highly appreciate what FarSight does to bring pinball to new and old schoolers like myself. Thank god TPA came along to bring the old school tables to us that we may never have even played. I don't mean to hate but sometimes I'am just very underwhelmed by some of our releases. I feel Season 4 will be the best table releases for most of us who have been following FarSight studios from day one. I also always fund every KS we have had so far and will continue to do so and I'am very excited to start funding and watch the daily updates as the funds grow to pay for TAF. I'am no troller I love and play pinball everyday that's my game fix for life and can't wait for the next pinball show here in Texas next March for three days of total old school bliss once again. I love all you pinheads and enjoy being apart of these TPA threads along with TPA FB page.

By the way I'am (Shawn OneWicked PinHead) on FB page. :cool:

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Someone had a request for Judge Dredd in the thread about BSD on Facebook and Farsight gave a reply that makes me think we might see it in Season 4. Can't remember what it was exactly. Something like "We would love to do that" with a smiley at the end.

Not much to go on but it caught my eye somehow. Maybe it was the smiley that did the trick. Can't remember exactly

Yeah, I saw that too in the BSD thread on their face book page. Someone requested judge dredd and Farsights reply was "It's a really cool table. It would be nice if we could do it in the future. :D "

Would love to see Dredd makes it's way to season four.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, I saw that too in the BSD thread on their face book page. Someone requested judge dredd and Farsights reply was "It's a really cool table. It would be nice if we could do it in the future. :D "

Would love to see Dredd makes it's way to season four.

Judge Dredd would be a great addition to TPA.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
W1LLD ONE great date for a birthday !!! same as my big baby he`s 34. as for the tables I luv them all,there all great in there own quirky way.i look at it this way,if you have steak everyday you would get sick of it. we have 50 tables so far,everyday I play 5 different tables.i never get sick of any.my top 5 at the moment are 1.TAXI 2.DINER 3.HIGH ROLLER 4.DR. DUDE 5.FISH TALES. I got to admit my top 5 change all the time,but TAXI is always in my 5 ( always loved TAXI ) in my younger days I played a lot of GOTLIEBS and I`ve always had and always will have a soft spot for them !!! well everyone, here`s to all our new tables . :cool:

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Okay,now that Diner is officially #29, and all the suggestions for #30 - it's time to turn our attention to #31.

Which just happens to be the start of Season 4,as well as the October/Halloween table.

My thinking is...

I'm still going to stick with my original thought. If TAF isn't ready to go - you still need a strong pin to kick off the season. Which makes it cooler being that it's spooky time aka the Halloween table.

Over the past two years we've gotten two "spooky" themed tables in the months of September & October - with October being the higher profile release.

In 2012:

• Elvira & the Party Monsters
  • Scared Stiff

In 2013:

• Class of 1812
  • Haunted House

So my guess is that Bram Stoker's Dracula is the "Halloween" table. It's arguably the biggest horror table they could do - as well as being heavily requested. Not to mention hint drops on the TPA FB page.

Your thoughts?

Since we are getting Bram Stoker's Dracula for Table Pack 30, the only logical choice for Table Pack 31 is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, since both tables are based on movies, which in turn are based on books, and have monsters which have become infamous with today's culture.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
how come that the Class of 1812 is great while LCA sucks so much? I mean, atrwork style is similar, gamplay is similar (on both everything that brings some significant points is timed, like on many other premiers), even the layout is similar.
And where did you get this from "you can base that on the majority of customer's complaints. (Both on here and on the FB page)"? I don't know about FB, but FB, twitter and similar crap has no meaning. It's like a public toilet, one comes, takes a dump and moves one without real interest for the matter. But apart from you and few others that constantly bashing LCA here, majority was/is very pleased with LCA. The "first impressions" thread is mostly positive.

I actually liked LCA and still do. Although I would have preferred Surf N' Safari, which I hope will be the season 4 Gottlieb.

Their old EM's and solid states were much better. I'd like to see more Gottliebs in that vein, but I know FarSight will put ridiculously hard wizard goals in them.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
how come that the Class of 1812 is great while LCA sucks so much? I mean, atrwork style is similar, gamplay is similar (on both everything that brings some significant points is timed, like on many other premiers), even the layout is similar.
C1812 scores mainly on ramps (and multiball). No timers related to the ramps. The table is Top 100 on ipdb. LCA is now Top 300.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Andwhere did you get this from "you can base that on the majority of customer's complaints. (Both on here and on the FB page)"? I don't know about FB, but FB, twitter and similar crap has no meaning. It's like a public toilet, one comes, takes a dump and moves one without real interest for the matter. But apart from you and few others that constantly bashing LCA here, majority was/is very pleased with LCA. The "first impressions" thread is mostly positive.

What planet do you live on, kiddo?

Here on earth, a Facebook page by Farsight with over 24,000 likes and hundreds of active participants is KIIIIIINDA relevant. Even if you exclude that major fact, stuff like Facebook and Twitter are today's norms of communication. You can get your news, updates on anything, easy and fast communication, etc on such social sites and social media tools. To say it has no meaning is not only ignorant, but it's downright stupid. It's like saying that oxygen has no meaning.

As for saying that the majority of fans were pleased with LCA, might I suggest you invest in some reading glasses. You need to re-check that speculation thread and go back on the FB page during that time...all anything was at the time was endless complaining and some heated arguments. (With a few sprinkles of "Meh, ok" type posts) I honestly think you had it mixed up. What you really meant to say is that the majority were not happy, and that you and a few others were pleased. lol

(And how the heck can you reference the "First Impressions" thread when the second I click on it, I see things like "Unplayable" and "My first impression is not favorable"?!? LOL)

Do I REALLY have to ask Farsight what table this season has been the least popular as of right now among fans? (Hint- You probably won't like their response.)

You folks can like whatever your hearts desire. LCA is just not for me and many others from what I have read in the past. Diner for being our latest newer table that I played for the first time at the "Texas Pinball Festival" this year was a lot of fun and when FarSight had the voting and we received this table I read a lot of folks were not happy with it some said it's too easy and so on I still love this table but again no one will ever totally agree on any table FarSight brings us period.

And Life Goes On.....

Class of 1812 last Halloween was not for me either and many others this past year so hey we will all never like the same brand of toilet paper. Ha Ha! If they open up season 4 with Bone Busters I'am not interested but who cares it's just not for me that's all. Chill I love all the pinhead community we all love pinball some want newer tables and some want tables from their era we are all of a variety of ages but we all love and probably play pinball daily at sometime like me. When I buy a new table I never played it's a gamble I play it for some length of time and you know if you love it or hate it plain and simple.

Variety are the spices of life. My age is 50 as of July 12th so I want tables from when I was hanging out in arcades we all slowly get some great past tables we want eventually and I highly appreciate what FarSight does to bring pinball to new and old schoolers like myself. Thank god TPA came along to bring the old school tables to us that we may never have even played. I don't mean to hate but sometimes I'am just very underwhelmed by some of our releases. I feel Season 4 will be the best table releases for most of us who have been following FarSight studios from day one. I also always fund every KS we have had so far and will continue to do so and I'am very excited to start funding and watch the daily updates as the funds grow to pay for TAF. I'am no troller I love and play pinball everyday that's my game fix for life and can't wait for the next pinball show here in Texas next March for three days of total old school bliss once again. I love all you pinheads and enjoy being apart of these TPA threads along with TPA FB page.

By the way I'am (Shawn OneWicked PinHead) on FB page. :cool:

Pretty much.

Like I've said before, I'll buy any table they release, even if I don't like it. It never hurts to have variety, not to mention it's the only way to get these tables at their best without spending thousands of dollars. It just drives me crazy when people completely disregard facts and start talking like they live on Mars. Again, LCA has gotten the most complaints from customers, and there's no getting around that simple fact. I'm sorry if that bothers some, but that's not my problem. :p

Damn FB people.... ;)

We're taking over the world. lol

Since we are getting Bram Stoker's Dracula for Table Pack 30, the only logical choice for Table Pack 31 is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, since both tables are based on movies, which in turn are based on books, and have monsters which have become infamous with today's culture.

I don't think they can emulate SEGA tables, can they?

C1812 scores mainly on ramps (and multiball). No timers related to the ramps. The table is Top 100 on ipdb. LCA is now Top 300.

I'm surprised LCA is even ranked that high. lol

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I have to say I've found season 3 quite a mixed bag. A lot of the newer machines leave me cold and if it wasn't for the season pass I'd probably have passed on half of them. Given the lack of season pass for season 4 I'm going to be a lot more choosy. First couple of seasons with two tables per pack I was guaranteed at least one decent machine and given the re-releases I was familiar with a lot of them.

Judge Dredd would be very welcome as well as some classic solid state machines, but stuff like Party Zone or more toys? I'll just save my money. If the Wii U version releases they'll still get my money from the double-dip, though there's no way I'm buying all fifty tables there.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have to say I've found season 3 quite a mixed bag. A lot of the newer machines leave me cold and if it wasn't for the season pass I'd probably have passed on half of them. Given the lack of season pass for season 4 I'm going to be a lot more choosy. First couple of seasons with two tables per pack I was guaranteed at least one decent machine and given the re-releases I was familiar with a lot of them.

Judge Dredd would be very welcome as well as some classic solid state machines, but stuff like Party Zone or more toys? I'll just save my money. If the Wii U version releases they'll still get my money from the double-dip, though there's no way I'm buying all fifty tables there.

I think Season 3 has been excellent, and it's sure as hell better than Season 2.

I think this season has been so good because not only did we get highly popular, highly requested tables, but the graphics and art have been so much more improved. Now, with that said, I will admit that I'm burned out on all the DMD's. Like you, I'm dying for some good ole simple tables like "F-14 Tomcat", "Xenon", and "Phantom of the Opera". I actually can't wait to finally play "Diner".

I think Season 4 will be a continuance of Season 3, which is fine, because there's still a ton of highly popular, highly requested tables out there like "Earthshaker", "Jack*Bot", and "Red & Ted's Roadshow" that everyone want. However, none of those interest or excite me. In fact, if we get "Phantom of the Opera" to start Season 4, I literally won't care what else comes out for the rest of the season.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I think Season 3 has been excellent, and it's sure as hell better than Season 2.

I think this season has been so good because not only did we get highly popular, highly requested tables, but the graphics and art have been so much more improved. Now, with that said, I will admit that I'm burned out on all the DMD's. Like you, I'm dying for some good ole simple tables like "F-14 Tomcat", "Xenon", and "Phantom of the Opera". I actually can't wait to finally play "Diner".

I think Season 4 will be a continuance of Season 3, which is fine, because there's still a ton of highly popular, highly requested tables out there like "Earthshaker", "Jack*Bot", and "Red & Ted's Roadshow" that everyone want. However, none of those interest or excite me. In fact, if we get "Phantom of the Opera" to start Season 4, I literally won't care what else comes out for the rest of the season.

you still waiting to play diner
you poor man lol
maybe in 2015 haha

yeah season 3 way better than the last season
they served us some real crap in season 2
going nuts and el dorado are 2 prime examples

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Agreed.

Although season 2 would be similar if you take out the "add-on" tables.

Dr Dude, Cactus Canyon, White Water, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, Flight 2000, T2, Haunted House, 1812, and Cue Ball Wizard would most likely be the lineup.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Agreed.

Although season 2 would be more similar if you take out the "add-on" tables.

Dr Dude, Cactus Canyon, White Water, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, Flight 2000, T2, Haunted House, 1812, and Cue Ball Wizard would most likely be the lineup.

Pin*Bot & Whirlwind were add-ons, replace them with Centaur & Champion Pub

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Pin*Bot & Whirlwind were add-ons, replace them with Centaur & Champion Pub

I guess that's true. Season 3 is better, but that's pretty good.

Firepower, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, and Space Shuttle are all very worthy too......maybe I like Season 2 more than I thought.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I guess that's true. Season 3 is better, but that's pretty good.

Firepower, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, and Space Shuttle are all very worthy too......maybe I like Season 2 more than I thought.

I'm willing to bet everyone likes it more than they thought. Whenever anyone says season 2 was a stinker they always site el dorado and goin' nuts. Thats only 2 tables out of 20. I would say the majority of season 2 was great.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I'm willing to bet everyone likes it more than they thought. Whenever anyone says season 2 was a stinker they always site el dorado and goin' nuts. Thats only 2 tables out of 20. I would say the majority of season 2 was great.

Anyone who hates Gottlieb on principle pretty much would not have liked the second half. They were starting to cycle through the weaker parts of Gottlieb Hall of Fame as their add ons. (From there you got El Dorado, Victory, Teed Off, and Goin Nuts, as well as the release of Central Park early in Season 2. I guess they exhausted their Williams / Bally license, because in no other circumstance would've I released Goin' Nuts over Sorcerer... or even Jive Time!)

The other new standard tables in the 2nd half were Cue Ball Wizard, Class of 1812, Haunted House, Flight 2000. :/ Of course there was a Kickstarter for T2 but that's personally not a pin that I enjoy as much as many season 1 tables.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Anyone who hates Gottlieb on principle pretty much would not have liked the second half. They were starting to cycle through the weaker parts of Gottlieb Hall of Fame as their add ons. (From there you got El Dorado, Victory, Teed Off, and Goin Nuts, as well as the release of Central Park early in Season 2. I guess they exhausted their Williams / Bally license, because in no other circumstance would've I released Goin' Nuts over Sorcerer... or even Jive Time!)

The other new standard tables in the 2nd half were Cue Ball Wizard, Class of 1812, Haunted House, Flight 2000. :/ Of course there was a Kickstarter for T2 but that's personally not a pin that I enjoy as much as many season 1 tables.

One of the best parts of TPA comes from playing a table I've never played before and ended up enjoying completely.

For me, in season 1, it was Big Shot, in season 2-Flight 2000, and in season three-Black Rose.

With 51 tables upon release of BSD, (though far fewer tables for PS/Xbox consoles), any fan worth their salt can find something to enjoy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.