Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Because it's not as requested as the other "coaster" pins. Also logic dictates that you'll only see one "coaster/theme park" table per season. The only way,IMHO - that we get more than one is if Rollercoaster Tycoon is one of those tables.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Because it's not as requested as the other "coaster" pins. Also logic dictates that you'll only see one "coaster/theme park" table per season. The only way,IMHO - that we get more than one is if Rollercoaster Tycoon is one of those tables.

But we've had zero coaster/theme park tables so far! Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane do form a genuine trio of related tables, much in the way Pin*Bot, BoP, and Jack*Bot do. Since Cyclone placed second to Diner in the poll, I'd not be shocked to see it in S4. Hurricane is one of the few remaining non-licensed Williams/Bally DMDs, so again, I'd be surprised if it didn't show up in S4 or S5 - the only way it doesn't is if someone comes in and buys up FS (an EA type, for instance - yeah, shudder) who can handle the licensing/marketing/distribution side of things and allows them to do some more popular licensed tables without Kickstarters.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Would be nice to get at least one coaster pin in S4. My preference would be Rollercoaster Tycoon but would also be fine with Cyclone. Actually liked Hurricane more than Cyclone when I played it but know its not as popular - that crazy loop over the flippers and then up in front of it is just awesome though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Would be nice to get at least one coaster pin in S4. My preference would be Rollercoaster Tycoon but would also be fine with Cyclone. Actually liked Hurricane more than Cyclone when I played it but know its not as popular - that crazy loop over the flippers and then up in front of it is just awesome though.

+1 for Rollercoaster Tycoon or Hurricane. Cyclone's just OK with me, but I'd prefer one of the former. Ideally, for me it would be Comet, but that's been placed in the "never happening" files.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I also +1 for Rollercoaster Tycoon and Hurricane, then later Cyclone. My favorite on Hurricane is The Dummy, and It's Clowntime. On Rollercoaster Tycoon I love the Multi-ball intro a lot, and all the great Rollercoaster Ramps. Only thing I like about Cyclone is hitting the Haunted House and Dracula saying Come In.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Whats so special about Earthshaker and Cyclone.
Seem like average tables

Beats me?

To me, "Earthshaker" is basically a clone of "Whirlwind", and "Cyclone" has a neat moving wheel. I really have no interest in either table, but everyone seems to clamor for them.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I prefer Earthshaker to Whirlwind. The art is more colourful, and the cracking continent toy is really cool.

I have only played Hurricane out of the three theme park pins, but that is a really fun pin that deserves to be in the game. Quite simple and easy, but a lot of fun and the toys and features are great.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Just been looking at some you tube videos on The Phantom Of The Opera pinball.Man the sound on that pinball is really something.Really hope we do get it after BSD for the sound alone.The game play looks alright aswell

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just been looking at some you tube videos on The Phantom Of The Opera pinball.Man the sound on that pinball is really something.Really hope we do get it after BSD for the sound alone.The game play looks alright aswell

That was at the UK Pinball Party too. It's more like Phantom of the Cleavage...

Though it is a Data East, so I don't know if Farsight have got DE sorted out yet.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
That was at the UK Pinball Party too. It's more like Phantom of the Cleavage...

Though it is a Data East, so I don't know if Farsight have got DE sorted out yet.

Hopefully they have
Good way to start the season

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Whats so special about Earthshaker and Cyclone.
Seem like average tables

Cyclone is basically next on the list for top-selling late 1980s tables with no licenses. (Only High Speed, Pinbot, and F-14 had more pins produced in the late 1980s. 2 of those 3 are in TPA already, and for F-14 Farsight would need to get in touch with Northrop Grumman).

Cyclone was everywhere back then. I mainly remember the sampled voices for some reason, but I think I also remember it playing well as a good back to basics shots type pin. Been a long time since I've played one though.

Earthshaker is kind of meh to me too but people do seem to request it?

Members online

Members online