Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'd really like to see godzilla. It's great that they have no actors on the Backglass but unfortunately they have Pictures of Jean Reno and Matt Broderick on the Slings

$T2eC16h,!yME9s5qJFppBRC+KPNjIw~~60_1.JPG

Which is a shame because they look like some last minute photoshopped add-on.
That's Matthew Broderick?

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
becasue Dr. Dude is pretty much broken in TPA. At least android version. On the real thing it is A LOT easier to hit mix maister which also isn't "dead" like in TPA where you need almost always 2 shots to score jackpot, sometimes even 3.
TPZ is quite different from Dr. Dude apart from similar graphic style. But older Party Animal would be my choice before TPA.
Going to disagree on this, I have a much easier time hitting the Mix Master in TPA than I do on the table, and I just played it the other day in my league. As for the liveliness of the spinner, it's 50/50 for me.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
becasue Dr. Dude is pretty much broken in TPA. At least android version. On the real thing it is A LOT easier to hit mix maister which also isn't "dead" like in TPA where you need almost always 2 shots to score jackpot, sometimes even 3.
TPZ is quite different from Dr. Dude apart from similar graphic style. But older Party Animal would be my choice before TPA.

Totally different layout and theme. Plus the captain b zarre talking head on the table and dmd add a different sort of feel to the recycled dr dude theme. It's a pretty fun game overall. Spent a bit of time on it last weekend.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Totally different layout and theme. Plus the captain b zarre talking head on the table and dmd add a different sort of feel to the recycled dr dude theme. It's a pretty fun game overall. Spent a bit of time on it last weekend.

Bowflex, the head is named Captain B. Zarr, not Captain B. Zarre. I'm his long lost brother.

;)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I guess that's true. Season 3 is better, but that's pretty good.

Firepower, Pin*Bot, Whirlwind, and Space Shuttle are all very worthy too......maybe I like Season 2 more than I thought.

Well that's pretty much why season 3 is a mixed bag for me, but season 2 was great. Stuff like Fish Tales and Black Rose I can live without, but Firepower and Space Shuttle are "must haves."

I'll try out anything I haven't played before, but the only automatic purchases I can imagine for season 4 would be Cyclone and Judge Dredd - assuming they make that. I get the feeling Firepower II and Eight Ball Deluxe are unlikely to make an appearance, which is a shame.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Going to disagree on this, I have a much easier time hitting the Mix Master in TPA than I do on the table, and I just played it the other day in my league. As for the liveliness of the spinner, it's 50/50 for me.
well, let me clarify this. What I ment is that on the real thing is a lot easier to hit the ramp but the ball often doesn't reach the mix meister. On TPA is qute opposite, ball almost always go to mix meister but hitting the ramp is difficult. About mix meister itself, the thing is that the real thing can be nudge gently a lot while in TPA you can nudge only twice (unles you use analog controler, but I think that people on mobiles and tablets mostly don't) and if you don't get the ball on the side of that spinner you got nothing.
While table is difficult IRL, it is fun once you get it. But in TPA is frustrating more than anything else. Even for me. And I like that one. So I totally understand why others hate it so much.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think Godzilla might have the added issue that the copyrights holder might want that movie to stay dead...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah I hope we see that too.Cant wait to see the hint this week

Unless the skeletons from BB are involved LOL!

Seriously, barring any new info on DX11 or anything else PC related, that's all I'm interested in for the newsletters anymore. For the sake of Playstation and Xbox users, I hope they get something other than "we've submitted....." or my new favorite, the "pre-submission" line.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have some concerns about Phantom of the Opera. I've only played it once and didn't remember it very well, so I went over to YouTube and watched some videos. The art and music seems top notch. But there doesn't seem to be much going on with the gameplay. I fear it will become boring rather quickly. Can someone who has played a lot of Phantom convince me I'm wrong?

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I think the 1981 "MEDUSA" pinball table by (Bally) would make a nice opening for Season 4.
Nice Halloween themed.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have some concerns about Phantom of the Opera. There doesn't seem to be much going on with the gameplay. I fear it will become boring rather quickly.

You mean like all of the EM tables you always keep wanting? lol

You literally just described all of them.

I think the 1981 "MEDUSA" pinball table by (Bally) would make a nice opening for Season 4.
Nice Halloween themed.

How about (Gottlieb's) 1982 "DEVILS DARE" pinball table for Halloween?

Neither are requested that much, On the other hand, POTO is requested every other week.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Most EM games that I like have a series of targets to be completed. Or multiple shots to light a spinner shot. But there are many many EMs that I find extremely boring. Phantom seems to be just keep shooting the one target for it to open, then shooting it again. I'm not trying to be a turd in the punch bowl here. I was honestly asking about the shots and attraction to the gameplay. As I said, I don't have much experience with it and want to understand the popularity.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.