Table Pack #32 Speculation

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think the only thing we know for certain is that it is NOT Table Pack #32, it is a standalone app for iOS/Android with pay-per-play functionality, presumably a token/credit system like in Candy Crush et al so you get x free plays per day and any more you have to pay for.

I'm going to be bold and not only maintain my Johnny Mnemonic prediction for #32, but that FS will, like with S3, announce 2 or 3 other tables ahead of time to raise interest levels and possibly sell season passes if these are going to be available on non-iOS platforms.

i'd have a very hard time supporting a pay for play table. I thought in an interview for Aadams Family Kickstarter last week it was mentioned the original sony table would be a mod of an older table. i'd much rather a new table from a classic designer though.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Is this based on facts, or just your opinion? :)

This has been asked and answered on the FB page many, many times over.

In fact, I just asked Farsight on the FB page, just for you:

- I know you've answered this before, but I'll ask again for those on the Forum who didn't see your previous responses.

Would "Red & Ted's Roadshow" require a Kickstarter, due to the licensed music?

Thanks.

- No, we'd probably just delicense anything that was too expensive if we did decide to do that table and it was an issue.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Licensing a single (midi recreation?) of a song is not going to break the bank for Farsight - both CFTBL and HD have more than one licensed track. I don't see Roadshow or The Getaway being an issue for Farsight.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Licensing a single (midi recreation?) of a song is not going to break the bank for Farsight - both CFTBL and HD have more than one licensed track. I don't see Roadshow or The Getaway being an issue for Farsight.

But CFTBL doesn't have all of the songs. "Get a Job" and "Summertime Blues" are missing from the versions I've tried on my old iPhone, my old android tablet, PC, and PS4. I remember hearing these on the actual machine.
Creature is still a favorite of mine in TPA.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Exactly.

invitro

May 4, 2012

It's been several years since I've had the displeasure of playing HS2... but isn't La Grange the main background sound? What would HS2 sound like without the song? I think this is quite a different situation than RS. I didn't even realize RS had a music star or song until being told several times. I'm still not sure where in the game the song shows up. RS minus Carter is still RS, HS2 minus La Grange is not really HS2.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's been several years since I've had the displeasure of playing HS2... but isn't La Grange the main background sound? What would HS2 sound like without the song? I think this is quite a different situation than RS. I didn't even realize RS had a music star or song until being told several times. I'm still not sure where in the game the song shows up. RS minus Carter is still RS, HS2 minus La Grange is not really HS2.

I wasn't saying take the song out. I was saying it probably wouldn't be out of Farsight's budget to include it.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I think this is quite a different situation than RS. I didn't even realize RS had a music star or song until being told several times. I'm still not sure where in the game the song shows up.

You've never hit a jackpot in RS multiball? :D Carlene Carter is also the voice of Red. Regardless of whether you've heard of her before or not, her work is a pretty important part of the game and cutting everything out would be very weird.

That being said my guess is it would be affordable without a Kickstarter, I'd think Red and Ted would sell well enough to overcome a few expenses.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
You've never hit a jackpot in RS multiball? :D Carlene Carter is also the voice of Red. Regardless of whether you've heard of her before or not, her work is a pretty important part of the game and cutting everything out would be very weird.

That being said my guess is it would be affordable without a Kickstarter, I'd think Red and Ted would sell well enough to overcome a few expenses.

If Farsight paid for BSD out of pocket, I don't think we need to worry about Red and Ted or Getaway.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
If Farsight paid for BSD out of pocket, I don't think we need to worry about Red and Ted or Getaway.

That was a package deal with 4 Sony licences including BSD according to Bobby king. It was probably much cheaper per table than any of the other high profile licenses they've gotten and there for great for the profit margin.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I wasn't saying take the song out. I was saying it probably wouldn't be out of Farsight's budget to include it.

Apologies. I think I was trying to refer to this:

- No, we'd probably just delicense anything that was too expensive if we did decide to do that table and it was an issue.

and made a mistake.

invitro

May 4, 2012
This has been asked and answered on the FB page many, many times over.
In fact, I just asked Farsight on the FB page, just for you:
- I know you've answered this before, but I'll ask again for those on the Forum who didn't see your previous responses.
Would "Red & Ted's Roadshow" require a Kickstarter, due to the licensed music?
Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I very rarely use facebook for anything, but maybe I should read the TPA page more often.

invitro

May 4, 2012

I think I'm assuming that the song would be a lot more expensive than just Red's voice. That may be wrong. Certainly RS would not be RS without Red. I had to specifically listen, and hard, to pick out the song, once I knew it was there. And it seemed muted when I heard it. I think the song is not as much a part of RS as La Grange is of HS2, or that muzak version of Born to be Wild is of Harley Davidson.

I may have not played RS regularly in 15 years. I liked it a lot and really hope it comes to TPA.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Thanks for the info. I very rarely use facebook for anything, but maybe I should read the TPA page more often.

As much as people ridiculously complain about the FB page, it's a GREAT source of information.

All you have to do is either ask or pay attention. :D

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
For road show, as soon as you get a jackpot in multiball she starts singing Every Little Thing, and it's VERY OBVIOUS. Until that point on the game you could be forgiven for not realizing the song is there. And yes, Red has her voice.

and yes, La Grange is very much a part of The Getaway, but it's an FM synth cover, and thus should be affordable. as opposed to Every Little Thing, which is actually sampled directly for the DCS. Also it's advertised on the DMD, which means it MUST be included. :)

Lethal weapon actually has MORE songs. it has a ZZ top song, and Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance now!) from C+C Music Factory (and yes, you get to hear those words), in addition to lethal weapon soundtrack music.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.