Table pack #36 speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
You mean like the DRAW game on LCA?
no. That draw game, while annoying (like most video modes and other crap that's not pinball) lasts just a few seconds. Safecracker on the other hand is like some neverending RPG.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
no. That draw game, while annoying (like most video modes and other crap that's not pinball) lasts just a few seconds. Safecracker on the other hand is like some neverending RPG.

And here I thought it was like a board game. Because SafeCracker was supposed to be Monopoly originally.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Safecracker would be a fun addition. Mainly because of the timer-based play rather than number of balls-based. And to anyone who hasn't played it, don't worry, it's nothing like Goin' Nuts! Your ball is constantly returned to you when you have time left. When you have no time left, you go into sudden death, and losing your ball results in Game Over. But even during suddent death, you can earn more time and get back into the "safe zone".

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
I would love to see Cyclone, F-14, and even Evil Kenevil (My very first pin I ever played). But if I was to make a guess at #36, I would say it would be Xenon

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
And here I thought it was like a board game. Because SafeCracker was supposed to be Monopoly originally.
that "neverneding" is important. I liked it at the begining but that novelty wears off pretty quick and than it is boring. If I have to pick one, than I'll rather see banzai run but I'm perfectly OK if we don't get either.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The more I read about Safecracker, the less I want it, really. It's an interesting novelty but do I have any desire to play it? I don't think so.

Maybe actually playing might change my mind. Until then, color me unconvinced.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I didn't think I'd like Safe Cracker. Is small and strange looking. But after playing it a few time I really started to enjoy it and much prefer it to Banzai Run. The backglass on banzai plays clunky, is very repetitive, and the ball spends way too much time up there. But hey,that's just me.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
So here's what we have so far, with some guesses for what's coming.

1. Phantom
2. Party Zone
3. Earthshaker
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Addams Family
6. -Cyclone-
7. -Rescue 911-
8. -The Getaway-
9. -Xenon-
10. -Red and Ted-

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
(like most video modes and other crap that's not pinball)

No way, I couldn't imagine BSD or Junkyard being as fun if they took out the video modes. If anything, they just enhance those tables even more.

1. Phantom
2. Party Zone
3. Earthshaker
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Addams Family
6. -Cyclone-
7. -Rescue 911-
8. -The Getaway-
9. -Xenon-
10. -Red and Ted-

They already said R911 was for next season, if I recall right, so you can take that one out of there. I'm gonna guess either Jackbot or another Stern, like Grand Prix.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FS will get a whole load of new players on board with TAF. They will have to follow it up with something strong to keep 'em hooked - which to my mind would have to be HS2. Cyclone followed by R911 might be turn-offs to new players; Cyclone particularly since looks-wise it is somewhat left-field.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
FS will get a whole load of new players on board with TAF. They will have to follow it up with something strong to keep 'em hooked - which to my mind would have to be HS2. Cyclone followed by R911 might be turn-offs to new players; Cyclone particularly since looks-wise it is somewhat left-field.

I'm not sure how R911 would turn off new players? The helicopter alone should ATTRACT new players.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Ima shout it from the rooftops when TAF comes out. And to think, the only time I played it I didn't like it. But that was before I got into ponball. Drained 3 times in a row and was like, well that was fun. I'll go with HS2 as the next.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

1. Phantom
2. Party Zone
3. Earthshaker
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Addams Family
6. -Cyclone-
7. -Rescue 911-
8. -The Getaway-
9. -Xenon-
10. -Red and Ted-

Replace Red and Ted with Tommy and I agree with you. I think pinball wizard being featured in PZ opens the door for the table this season. And it's the Broadway cast recordings not the Who singing so hopefully licenses won't be that bad. Also 2015 is the Who's 50th anniversary and what better way to celebrate than with a Who pinball table? :cool:

I still think we're getting HS2 @ 36 though.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
No way, I couldn't imagine BSD or Junkyard being as fun if they took out the video modes. If anything, they just enhance those tables even more.

They already said R911 was for next season, if I recall right, so you can take that one out of there. I'm gonna guess either Jackbot or another Stern, like Grand Prix.

Really? Interesting. Well then,

1. Phantom
2. Party Zone
3. Earthshaker
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Addams Family
6. -Cyclone-
7. -Eight Ball Deluxe-
8. -The Getaway-
9. -Xenon-
10. -Red and Ted's-

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm not sure how R911 would turn off new players? The helicopter alone should ATTRACT new players.

1. It's a Premier. Enough to turn off many players just by evoking the name "Gottlieb" or "Premier".

2. Yes, it's popular and gets plenty of forum requests, but is it that popular among more casual players whose only experience is going to have been TAF, and tables very specifically in that 1991-93 timeframe? R911 was 1994, and came after that TAF-driven burst. HS2 was in arcades at the same time as TAF (HS2 is Feb '92; TAF is Mar '92).

... or could it be Vector??

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2723&picno=50392

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Really? Interesting. Well then,

1. Phantom
2. Party Zone
3. Earthshaker
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Addams Family
6. -Cyclone-
7. -Eight Ball Deluxe-
8. -The Getaway-
9. -Xenon-
10. -Red and Ted's-

Still missing a Gottlieb.

And why Grand Prix? I know it's a modified NASCAR for Europe. Why this? (But then again, NASCAR can be a pretty hefty license, and so will Dale Jr. I'd pretty much prefer NASCAR than Grand Prix.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts