Table pack #36 speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I think pinball wizard being featured in PZ opens the door for the table this season. And it's the Broadway cast recordings not the Who singing so hopefully licenses won't be that bad. Also 2015 is the Who's 50th anniversary and what better way to celebrate than with a Who pinball table? :cool:

tumblr_lztd6rgvKF1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That would be awesome. TPA needs more music themed tables. TPZ is kinda musicy

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Still missing a Gottlieb.

And why Grand Prix? I know it's a modified NASCAR for Europe. Why this? (But then again, NASCAR can be a pretty hefty license, and so will Dale Jr. I'd pretty much prefer NASCAR than Grand Prix.)

Yeah I was thinking maybe "Wipe Out", but just went with EBD figuring maybe I'd get 3 out of the last 5 right.

Is there necessarily going to be a Gottlieb in every season? We have a DE and a Sega.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just googled Acid Queen and wow, wtf? Is Tommy worth renting/illegally downloading?

It won't happen, but for the Gotlieb I think Spirit would be pretty cool. Little flippers in the outlanes?!? And tons of targets/ramps/flippers. Gottlieb really did love their multiple flippers huh? But yeah, too bad Spirit doesn't get requested more. Anyone play it, and know if it's be worth doing?

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Just googled Acid Queen and wow, wtf? Is Tommy worth renting/illegally downloading?

It won't happen, but for the Gotlieb I think Spirit would be pretty cool. Little flippers in the outlanes?!? And tons of targets/ramps/flippers. Gottlieb really did love their multiple flippers huh? But yeah, too bad Spirit doesn't get requested more. Anyone play it, and know if it's be worth doing?
Tommy rent it or steal it. If you don't like it I'll give you your money back but I won't do your time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

I asked that very question about a month ago and got a response from a couple people that it looks great, but plays only OK. I'd like to see it in TPA, personally.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

And why Grand Prix? I know it's a modified NASCAR for Europe. Why this? (But then again, NASCAR can be a pretty hefty license, and so will Dale Jr. I'd pretty much prefer NASCAR than Grand Prix.)

I think NASCAR is going to have close to zero appeal outside of the USA. Whereas the Grand Prix version is a generic motor racing game. Plus, of course, the licensing issues - I imagine Stern wanted to try and get F1 licensing for Grand Prix, but probably failed when they tried to get a good deal out of Bernie Ecclestone.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
While I'm at it I'll have to aquire Flash Gordon, looks like the same type of dealio. I get the gist of it from Ted lol. Who's up for a 'average movies that they made pinballs out of' marathon?! That's too bad Kratos. I guess all I was going on was the pictures I've seen. But I'll only believe the gameplay is meh if I play it myself. Now I'm curious what Gotliebs are left that might sell decently.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm a fan. I love it.
But I can easily understand some wouldn't see the movie as a masterpiece.

Like a lot of rock movies (Pink Floyd's The Wall), I think Tommy is a movie that has great scenes. Some of which are absolutely magnificent. The problem is the movie taken as a whole does not feel cohesive and the end product ends up being less than the sum of its parts. Same problem with the Wall. Quadrophenia is a much more cohesive effort and feels like it was done with the vision being for a complete work rather than a collection of vignettes. Unfortunately it isn't that good of a movie overall. Blues Brothers is probably one of the best music films made from the perspective that it features so many great scenes but they blend together perfectly and you end up with a classic that isn't so jarry. That could be a good pinball theme, too!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Like a lot of rock movies (Pink Floyd's The Wall), I think Tommy is a movie that has great scenes. Some of which are absolutely magnificent. The problem is the movie taken as a whole does not feel cohesive and the end product ends up being less than the sum of its parts. Same problem with the Wall. Quadrophenia is a much more cohesive effort and feels like it was done with the vision being for a complete work rather than a collection of vignettes. Unfortunately it isn't that good of a movie overall. Blues Brothers is probably one of the best music films made from the perspective that it features so many great scenes but they blend together perfectly and you end up with a classic that isn't so jarry. That could be a good pinball theme, too!

I want a This Is Spinal Tap pinball. There must be a Stonehenge prop. And a big dial in the middle of the playfield that goes up to 11.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Cyclone is a far better pin than Rescue 911 IMHO.

I disagree. I think the only reason why some people hate R911 is because it's a Gottlieb. There's so much more to do on R911 than on Cyclone, by far.

It's also requested heavily, just as much as Cyclone.

Replace Red and Ted with Tommy and I agree with you.

Doubtful. There hasn't been any talk of Tommy whatsoever, not to mention it's not even close to being as requested ad Red and Ted.

like a gunfight on LCA? :D

Not really. You're not FORCED to play a stupid a draw game.

You just answered your own question. Plus, Grand Prix would be a million times cheaper than Nascar.

We just need to start the Kickstarter for Tommy. Acid Queen great choice

It would be the first kickstarter that I wouldn't participate in. The table is not worth a kickstarter by any means.

Yeah I was thinking maybe "Wipe Out", but just went with EBD figuring maybe I'd get 3 out of the last 5 right.

Is there necessarily going to be a Gottlieb in every season? We have a DE and a Sega.

I hope there would be a Gottlieb every season, there's still quite a few good ones left. (Bone Busters, Inc., Freddy, Stargate, Wipe Out, Cactus Jacks)

I don't see EBD happening any time soon. They really don't seem too interested in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online