Table pack #40 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
It would be the first season to not have a Gottlieb in it. And the first to not have a table from the four manufacturer licenses Farsight has. Any guesses at Farsight being contractually obligated to include a table from each manufacturer would just be speculation, but it certainly does seem that they want to at least touch base with each of the four each season.

will be curious to see if you're right.

if so i think it's between - Surf and Safari, Stargate or Cactus Jacks.

That being said, i'm sticking with F-14 or Paragon for my guess. :)

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
This mystery is to big for me......Time to call in the "Hardly Boys". Let's just hope it isn't a turd in the urinal!

latest

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
It seems that if they wanted to do that, they would've just used the correct Xenon date of manufacture to make it ineligible :).

They didn't know Xenon would win the original poll.To then exclude it from the second poll would have caused an even bigger ****storm than the mere existance of a second let us rig this poll.Farsight was rooting for Paragon, no doubt.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
They didn't know Xenon would win the original poll.To then exclude it from the second poll would have caused an even bigger ****storm than the mere existance of a second let us rig this poll.Farsight was rooting for Paragon, no doubt.

Well they had a pretty big clue that Xenon would win the poll, since it was the most-requested table when they opened up the pre-poll Facebook and Twitter discussions.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Well they had a pretty big clue that Xenon would win the poll, since it was the most-requested table when they opened up the pre-poll Facebook and Twitter discussions.

Maybe that is why Xenon was included in the poll although it technically shouldn't have been.
Nevertheless i remember a big Paragon logo on fb during the original poll.Which Xenon won.And well then they took another poll.Which thankfully Xenon won again.Despite some disturbances, in the end, all good.Of course debatable, but as said, Farsight was leaning towards Paragon imo.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FS had the chance to nip it in the bud during the initial phases of the project, simply by having someone come along and say "sorry, Xenon is 1980, it doesn't count", and then not counting it.

They didn't.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
FS had the chance to nip it in the bud during the initial phases of the project, simply by having someone come along and say "sorry, Xenon is 1980, it doesn't count", and then not counting it.

They didn't.

They overestimated Paragon, thought it would do better ultimately with a little push from Farsight! :D
The fact that the Paragon logo was pushed on fb and that there even was a second poll suggests to me that Paragon was closer to Farsights heart.Doesn't matter.Xenon won, all good.And most likely Paragon will be released sooner than later as well.......(because that is what Farsight wanted in their heart of hearts all along!:D)

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
They overestimated Paragon, thought it would do better ultimately with a little push from Farsight! :D
The fact that the Paragon logo was pushed on fb and that there even was a second poll suggests to me that Paragon was closer to Farsights heart.Doesn't matter.Xenon won, all good.And most likely Paragon will be released sooner than later as well.......(because that is what Farsight wanted in their heart of hearts all along!:D)
Sure. Paragon will be released, right after Seawitch and Eight Ball Deluxe are released. I voted for all of these runners up, and I don't expect to see any of them in TPA.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I agree about the modern stern games.

That said, Simpsons and Lord of the Rings are exceptions, and both really worthwhile games.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Regardless of how good or not past, present and future Stern tables are, they are the only major company keeping the pinball dream alive and that makes them ****ing rockstars in my book.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Sega-Stern was fine during the transition. Space Jam is a good and very overlooked later Sega, as was Starship Troopers before it came to TPA. Austin Powers is annoying but that's the nature of the source material, the pinballing is fine. Same goes for South Park. Monopoly and Ripley's and RCT and of course LOTR and TSPP are all fine machines.

Stern's slump started later, around Elvis and Nascar, through Spider-Man, Dark Knight, Wheel of Fortune, IJ4. rec.games.pinball and Pinside were furious for years about shoddy unfinished games. They seem to be back on track since the new Star Trek, although I haven't played much of any newer ones besides Trek myself.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Sega-Stern was fine during the transition. Space Jam is a good and very overlooked later Sega, as was Starship Troopers before it came to TPA. Austin Powers is annoying but that's the nature of the source material, the pinballing is fine. Same goes for South Park.

I hate Space Jam (which is more middle than later... it's 1996/12). I hate Twister and Independence Day too, and Lost World JP most of all. Those tables are ultra-boring and anti-creative to me.

I haven't played Godzilla or X Files. Batman Forever had some nasty mechanical problems. I liked Baywatch quite a bit, and Apollo 13 (boring), Goldeneye (boring), and Star Wars Trilogy a little bit. I think I liked Viper some, and I liked SST quite a bit.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I hate Space Jam (which is more middle than later... it's 1996/12). I hate Twister and Independence Day too, and Lost World JP most of all. Those tables are ultra-boring and anti-creative to me.

I haven't played Godzilla or X Files. Batman Forever had some nasty mechanical problems. I liked Baywatch quite a bit, and Apollo 13 (boring), Goldeneye (boring), and Star Wars Trilogy a little bit. I think I liked Viper some, and I liked SST quite a bit.

I love Twister and Goldeneye.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Good call on Baywatch! Shame about the theme, but I was teenager/university student in the late 80s/early 90s so the show had its perks for me back then... the pinball is pretty good though.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I got to play an X-Files not long ago, wow does that table suck. The newer machines look way too plasticky to me and they just don't feel right, like there's magnets messing things about all the time. I dunno, Lord of the Rings is okay, but I preferred Avengers. I don't know what's up with Transformers - looks more sparse then an old bagatelle table!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Fireball is a favorite of at least one staff member, if I recall.

No conspiracy, just a chance for people to vote for a table that actually had a chance of winning. I think we'll see Paragon and Fireball before it's all said and done.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Whats the reasoning behind thinking they'll not be having another DMD table?
We only have 4 so far Seems pretty light to me. Haven't they already said they sell way better?

Season 3 had 6,
Season 2 had 7,
Season 1 had 10+ 3 in base game

I'm figuring Roadshow and High Speed II make the most sense to round out the Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts