Table pack #43 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
cross my palm with silver and ill tell you tables 44-60! then comes the rapture. the beast is real and his name is sheats.

f14 was on my hitlist so im happy enough.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay, F-14 is now confirmed (Steam achievements are up), so let the speculation for Pack #43 ramp up (again).

Will it be a "Halloween" table? Will it be MSF, courtesy of the obscure Android table list "bug"?

Given recent news, chances of it being TFTC dwindled due to the mention of licensing costs from certain studios.

MSF goes to the #1 guess.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Will it be a "Halloween" table? Will it be MSF, courtesy of the obscure Android table list "bug"?
FWIW, there was also a "TFrankenstein_Enums.csv" file in the PC version during version 1.40.6 (or perhaps near that version). It was pretty much just a stub I think. The only thing that may be specific are the ROM data. Here are its contents:

[~/pinball/thepinballarcade-program-copy]$ cat tpa-backup-1.40.6/TFrankenstein_Enums.csv
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_START, 4325,,,
,[Offset], flyer_1, 0,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\PBTFrankenstein, 1,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsENG, 2,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsFR, 3,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsITAL, 4,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsGERM, 5,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsSPAN, 6,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsPORT, 7,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsDUTCH, 8,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsDUTCH, 9,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 10,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsFR, 11,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsITAL, 12,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsGERM, 13,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsSPAN, 14,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 15,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 16,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_LIGHTS, 4326,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_CAMERAS, 4327,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_LAMP_TEXTURES, 4328,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_TEXTURES, 4329,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_MODELS, 4330,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_REF_MODELS, 4331,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_COLLISION, 4332,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_PLACEMENT, 4333,,,
,[Offset], Placement, 0,
,[Offset], Lights, 1,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_EMUROM, 4334,,,
,[Offset], frankst_103, 0,
,[Offset], frankst_103_0, 1,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 2,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 3,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 4,
,[Offset], stwr_103, 5,
,[Offset], stwr_103, 6,
,[Offset], hokcpua, 7,
,[Offset], hokdspa, 8,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SOUNDS_START, 4335,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_EMU_SOUNDS, 4336,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_MECH_SOUNDS, 4337,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SOUNDS_END, 4338,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SAMPLES, 4339,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_VERSION, 4340,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_END, 4341,,,

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
FWIW, there was also a "TFrankenstein_Enums.csv" file in the PC version during version 1.40.6 (or perhaps near that version). It was pretty much just a stub I think. The only thing that may be specific are the ROM data. Here are its contents:

[~/pinball/thepinballarcade-program-copy]$ cat tpa-backup-1.40.6/TFrankenstein_Enums.csv
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_START, 4325,,,
,[Offset], flyer_1, 0,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\PBTFrankenstein, 1,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsENG, 2,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsFR, 3,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsITAL, 4,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsGERM, 5,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsSPAN, 6,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsPORT, 7,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsDUTCH, 8,
,[Offset], Frankenstein\InstructionsDUTCH, 9,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 10,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsFR, 11,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsITAL, 12,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsGERM, 13,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsSPAN, 14,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 15,
,[Offset], Pro_TipsENG, 16,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_LIGHTS, 4326,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_CAMERAS, 4327,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_LAMP_TEXTURES, 4328,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_TEXTURES, 4329,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_MODELS, 4330,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_REF_MODELS, 4331,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_COLLISION, 4332,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_PLACEMENT, 4333,,,
,[Offset], Placement, 0,
,[Offset], Lights, 1,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_EMUROM, 4334,,,
,[Offset], frankst_103, 0,
,[Offset], frankst_103_0, 1,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 2,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 3,
,[Offset], frankst_103_1, 4,
,[Offset], stwr_103, 5,
,[Offset], stwr_103, 6,
,[Offset], hokcpua, 7,
,[Offset], hokdspa, 8,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SOUNDS_START, 4335,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_EMU_SOUNDS, 4336,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_MECH_SOUNDS, 4337,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SOUNDS_END, 4338,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_SAMPLES, 4339,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_VERSION, 4340,,,
RSID_TFRANKENSTEIN_END, 4341,,,

Gotta give it to you invitro. You do your homework.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Gotta give it to you invitro. You do your homework.

More...
- Ace High has had not only the .csv enums file, but also a big .rez file, since the PC launch in Nov 1993. It is between a stub and complete. It doesn't have instructions, just as one thing I checked.
- There is a TSorcerer_Enums.csv file, but it is a two-line stub with reference to TotAN instead.
- There is a TWirlWind_Enums.csv file, which is also a stub.
- There was a TGhostBusters_Enums.csv file in 1.40.6, which is a full file, and presumably from that one-shot table they did.
- There is a TElDoradoEM_Enums.csv file, which might be full... it has some references that I think are for El Dorado, but too lazy right now to determine if for the 1975 El Dorado EM.
- There was a TConstructionSet_Enums.csv in 1.40.6-1.40.9, which in my guess is something their programmers use to build tables.

(Some of these things have been mentioned... Ace High is folklore of course. People said posting stuff like this was frowned upon, at some time anyway, but I haven't seen frowning on the Android menu Franky stuff, so I'll post away. Just to have some facts to feed the rumours :))

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I can't resist... (This is a 1986 classic that apparently is a progenitor of the fabled New Jack Swing style of 1988-1991.)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
My theory with Ace High is that Farsight originally planned to do it when they didn't think they would ever get Gottlieb emulation working. Once they did get Gottlieb Emulation working, they did Teed Off instead.

Similarly, I think there used to be a scripted version of Victory in the PC files. They ended up emulating it instead.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Yep. :eek:
But Paragon or EBD would really satisfy me (and more) either.

I got think that we would probably get both at some point. I wonder were FS is with remaining licenses for Williams/Bally? I thought I had read they planned at least for season 5 and 6, but I wonder if the Stern stuff means we might get more? With F-14 out of the way, my final remaining must gets are EBD and Sorcerer. Everything else would just be gravy....and I like gravy!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I got think that we would probably get both at some point. I wonder were FS is with remaining licenses for Williams/Bally? I thought I had read they planned at least for season 5 and 6, but I wonder if the Stern stuff means we might get more? With F-14 out of the way, my final remaining must gets are EBD and Sorcerer. Everything else would just be gravy....and I like gravy!

I'm really confident about EBD and Paragon releases.
Don't know when but TPA would be incomplete without these two great tables.
Not a big fan of Sorcerer (I admit I never really seriously played it before IRL) but it's highly requested by people I trust in this forum.
As much as my english could be a bit broken at times I still want a Sorcerer without bugs in TPA.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I'm really confident about EBD and Paragon releases.
Don't know when but TPA would be incomplete without these two great tables.
Not a big fan of Sorcerer (I admit I never really seriously played it before IRL) but it's highly requested by people I trust in this forum.
As much as my english could be a bit broken at times I still want a Sorcerer without bugs in TPA.

I really like Sorcerer....about 2 years ago I passed on a local one in really good shape. They wanted $1400 and I just couldn't pull the trigger. Regretted it ever since. Haven't seen one come up locally since then.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I really like Sorcerer....about 2 years ago I passed on a local one in really good shape. They wanted $1400 and I just couldn't pull the trigger. Regretted it ever since. Haven't seen one come up locally since then.
Sorcerer came closer than any other table to being one I bought, for around $500 at an auction around 1995. (I should've bought the ~$1200 TZ's that were common then, of course :( .)

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Sorcerer came closer than any other table to being one I bought, for around $500 at an auction around 1995. (I should've bought the ~$1200 TZ's that were common then, of course :( .)

Yeah....a $1200 TZ would have been a pretty good investment...lol I wonder if any of those tables will get reproduced like MM? I wonder if that had any impact of the prices of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts