Not open for further replies.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
38 years later...

9313174_p.jpg

"May I keep my hat on darling Eldie ?"

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Oh god they're seriously doing Stern Playboy? I guess the game flows pretty well but it's attempts at trying to reveal nude girls are just extremely cringe worthy. I'd rather see Corvette, it has flow and hot girls who aren't played up :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It really isn't as much fun trying to speculate with all the leaked tables out of the bag. Not that they are guaranteed to happen in any month (Or even at all) but it does take an element out of the fun

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
It really isn't as much fun trying to speculate with all the leaked tables out of the bag. Not that they are guaranteed to happen in any month (Or even at all) but it does take an element out of the fun

+1

Totally agree.Sort of leaves a sour taste in the mouth!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Reminds me of being a kid, and desperately trying to find out what you were getting for Christmas. You'd search possible hiding places, try and catch your parents off guard so they'd spill the beans. I got so good at guessing my gifts under the tree via shaking and feeling the package, my parents started putting sound dampening material in the boxes. I knew some kids that did the whole unwrap/rewrap deal. And yep, the end result was total anti climactic gift opening where you'd have to fake surprise.

And something tells me it'll be this same way next year too, because people can't stop themselves.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My wife one Christmas gave me 3 Playstation 1 games, all three were in that double thick case. I correctly guessed each title, because 1 had 2 discs, another 3, and the last one 4, and I sat there weighing them in my hand. Flabbergasted, she handed me a thin 12"x12" square, which I immediately knew to be a laserdisc. Guessed that title correctly too based on the thickness of the gate fold. She got really mad and has never bothered trying to surprise me since!

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
My wife one Christmas gave me 3 Playstation 1 games, all three were in that double thick case. I correctly guessed each title, because 1 had 2 discs, another 3, and the last one 4, and I sat there weighing them in my hand. Flabbergasted, she handed me a thin 12"x12" square, which I immediately knew to be a laserdisc. Guessed that title correctly too based on the thickness of the gate fold. She got really mad and has never bothered trying to surprise me since!

Kids today have no clue though Chris. Bought my nephew FIFA 15 last year, told him it was a book. Boy was he mad at me til Christmas Day. Clueless.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Reminds me of being a kid, and desperately trying to find out what you were getting for Christmas. You'd search possible hiding places, try and catch your parents off guard so they'd spill the beans. I got so good at guessing my gifts under the tree via shaking and feeling the package, my parents started putting sound dampening material in the boxes. I knew some kids that did the whole unwrap/rewrap deal. And yep, the end result was total anti climactic gift opening where you'd have to fake surprise.

And something tells me it'll be this same way next year too, because people can't stop themselves.
hehe plus 1!!! how true shutyertrap .:cool:

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
Hell I'd like to see if any or all of the tables leaked besides judge dredd which I know is this month's makes the cut.I mean that's a big list if they are all leaked I mean farsight could change they're minds at the last minute

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, i got pretty good at guessing presents without opening them too. And fairly often it was just so easy (if the box was this size it was a nintendo game, etc.)

then again they were not put under the tree early for me. they were all put out after i went to bed, so guessing before opening wasn't so bad.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
One time my girlfriend taped 1 jinglebell inside the box before wrapping it. Totally messed with my head.

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
So wait, we would get Playboy before Tales From the Crypt? Seems kind of odd, wouldn't you think?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Just like revisiting old tables you've already paid for and discovering that FarSight has dumped enough bugs on them to render them unenjoyable. It's great that we got No Fear, but not great that Black Hole got effed up in the process.

As much as I like getting new tables, it's still nice to revisit the old ones. I still wish I had access to the earlier version of TPA-back when RBioN was still playable.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
For some reason, I now get newsletters one day after everyone else does. At least that's been the case for the last three.

So to anyone who's not seeing "The Force Awakens" right now (all 5 of you), it should be about time to drop the Pack #46 hint.

Anyone get it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online