Table Pack #55 Speculation (October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
I don't know why so many want Tales From the Crypt. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball is a much cooler table and infinitely easier license to obtain.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Another Gottlieb!!! (Grabs a bowl of popcorn) This is going to be good!!!

I grabbed a bowl to puke in. I'm known around these boards for liking Premiers, but really????

There, I feel better. Back to saving Doctors from being exterminated.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Another year without TFTC. /sigh Is the license really that difficult to obtain? It isn't due to a lack of desire on the part of the fans that's for sure.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I don't know why so many want Tales From the Crypt. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball is a much cooler table and infinitely easier license to obtain.
Yeah, I've got to agree, the latter is a lot better. It's just a shame they didn't go for Freddy, now we're stuck with this cheap Ghostbusters knock-off table with skeletons.

Last edited:

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Yeah, I've got to agree, the latter is a lot better. It's just a shame they didn't go for Freddy, now we're stuck with this cheap Ghostbusters knock-off table with skeletons.

I can tell you why I'm not all that interested in Freddy. Because I've seen a virtual table created for that license that beats the hell out of the real one. Granted it's not reality based in any way but I don't care because it's the Freddy table I always wanted.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome the Freddy table, but this fan made one for Future Pinball scratches that itch just fine. On the other hand the TFTC version on Visual Pinball is not up to my standards.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Ugh. I typically support the Gottliebs. Even the quirky Premier titles but Bonebusters is real stinker. I played one at the Pinball Gallery and it sucked. TFTC or Freddy would have been great.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Honestly never thought Bone Busters Inc would happen, but I for one am super excited. Never actually played it, but I LOVE the art work. It's so damn 80s it's almost obscene.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Farsight just doesn't care about what people really want. We have been inundated with Premieres this year and all of them have sucked. Then, when people actually want a decent Premiere (Freddy) they give us a notoriously crappy one instead.

And as far as anyone saying "don't buy it" well, you know, that still means one less GOOD table got made.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
saves entitled *****in with so many tables your shocked theres some that arent popular with the masses?

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
827499.gif

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
How many more tables will Farsight create for TPA versus how many well-regarded tables are still out there?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Ugh. I typically support the Gottliebs. Even the quirky Premier titles but Bonebusters is real stinker. I played one at the Pinball Gallery and it sucked. TFTC or Freddy would have been great.

FarSight's selecting process for Gottliebs seems to be suspect at best. Even going back to the PHoF days, they've never done too well as far as choosing the more decent ones.

That's why we get drivel like ED:COG, GN, LCA, and R911 as opposed to SnS, Devil's Dare, and their many great EMs. Licensing must be a greater hurdle than we imagined for Freddy and Star Gate.

Zac Wood

Oct 15, 2015
One Caveat...

Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball is a much cooler table and infinitely easier license to obtain.

Technically; while New Line Media owns the license, They were absorbed into Warner Bros. in 2008, like with Tales from the Crypt it's easier said than done. Why they did not do it is because of the skepticism (that is spearheaded by the three headed hypocrite minus one.) that comes from every KickStarter campaign, as well as the impatience that comes. If you want Corvette, Tales from the Crypt, Freddy: Nightmare on Elm Street and others, then we have tolerate these campaigns and be patient with the process, or forget about the possibility.

Zac Wood

Oct 15, 2015
Unlike Mike, Jamey, and Josh, I do my homework. I anticipated Bone Busters Inc. would come over Tales From The Crypt due to licencing hurdles. Josh wanted it done this year immediately, but it was virtually impossible to do a KickStarter so quickly. (Same can be said with Corvette.)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So why not Devil's Dare over Bonebusters? No license, better table.

For that matter, why were these the only tables in consideration? Surely there are plenty of other spooky-themed pins to choose from.

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Super disappointed that we go another year without Tales From The Crypt, i was super optimistic as well after some of the licenced tables they managed to get this year without the need of a KS!!

Would could of had any of these....

Devils Dare
Medusa
Grand Lizard
Mephisto

but we got Ball Busters!!.......i guess it could of been worse we could of got Stern's Dracula table!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts