Table Pack #59 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I played it with Norman at Arcade Expo 2.0 last year, and it was fun. Only thing that won't get translated to TPA is the flipper mechanic the real table uses. There are times when it pushes back on the flipper buttons and you have to push really hard to get them to work. I'd never experienced that before and thought it was a neat feature. Absolutely no way to replicate that at home.

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
This is a "speculation" thread, so Gorgar "speculating" the remaining WMS deal is very relevant. I happen to believe he is 100% correct, if there is any evidence pointing elsewhere, i'd like to see proof of that. This season has turned out to make S2 look like a masterpiece.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Table confirmed to be Alvin's Garage Band Goes On a World Tour.

I've never played or even seen an Alvin G. table. I can't be mad because at least it's not a Premiere. It's also a new manufacturer for TPA, which is cool, and apparently one of their more popular games.

That said, I really hope we won't be looking at 80% (or *gulp* more) Premier and Alvin G. tables for the remainder of TPA's existence. It seems most of Alvin G's output is pretty sub-standard in design and quality. I'm sure there's a reason I've yet to see one it my travels.

If Williams/Bally is finished I will be devestated. There's still so many more tables I want in TPA. If we get some of the better Capcom games then that will be a small consolation.

BTW, Data East and Sega is owned by Stern. Are we going to get any of those tables in TPA or SPA? I'm super excited about getting the new Sterns but I really hope we are getting old Sterns, Sega and DE games, too.

TBH, some of those DE would definitely soothe my pain over the lack of WMS/Bally.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Cool we are getting an Alvin G. I really hope we see more Williams and Bally in the near future. But I can live with a few Premiers next season so long as we get some more Alvin Gs some Capcoms EMs and old Sterns like Sea Witch. If a season 8 comes then they will need that Williams Bally licence bad imo

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I had to close my Yahoo email account because of the hacking news.

Can someone post a link to the newsletter clue image?

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I've never played or even seen an Alvin G. table. I can't be mad because at least it's not a Premiere.
you know what letter G. means and what it has in common with Premier, right?

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I had to close my Yahoo email account because of the hacking news.

Can someone post a link to the newsletter clue image?

December_2016_hint.jpg

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I've never played or even seen an Alvin G. table. I can't be mad because at least it's not a Premiere. It's also a new manufacturer for TPA, which is cool, and apparently one of their more popular games.

That said, I really hope we won't be looking at 80% (or *gulp* more) Premier and Alvin G. tables for the remainder of TPA's existence. It seems most of Alvin G's output is pretty sub-standard in design and quality. I'm sure there's a reason I've yet to see one it my travels.

If Williams/Bally is finished I will be devestated. There's still so many more tables I want in TPA. If we get some of the better Capcom games then that will be a small consolation.

BTW, Data East and Sega is owned by Stern. Are we going to get any of those tables in TPA or SPA? I'm super excited about getting the new Sterns but I really hope we are getting old Sterns, Sega and DE games, too.

TBH, some of those DE would definitely soothe my pain over the lack of WMS/Bally.

This one actually looks pretty good. I've played Pistol Poker before (The only Alvin I've played). That one was just okay.

Since there's going to be a season 7, I hope there will be some WMS action in the pipes. Still many great ones like Rollergames, Banzai Run (yes, I'm now on that bandwagon), Mousin Around, Sorcerer, the Shadow, etc.

I think SPA will handle any future classic Stern/Data East/Sega Showcase tables. I would love to see more old Sterns and early Data East (Lazer War-1st with CD quality sound) tables made for SPA.

Still two more days of Christmas-maybe we'll find out something.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Never played it, hopefully this will open the door for Mystery Castle.

Watched a video on AGBGOT, and it looks interesting.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

The reason you've never seen one is because they were a small company and all of their machines were very low production.

you know what letter G. means and what it has in common with Premier, right?

Alvin G was started by the Gottlieb family, but they had nothing to do with Premier. They used their own parts and had their own factory. They couldn't use the Gottlieb name because Premier owned the rights.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
all i want for xmas is a gottlieb! or a bally or wms or dataeast or stern or ...any fookin machine!

i look forward to this table and im enyoing pinball and booze

i speculate its gonna be a messy one

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Data East (Lazer War-1st with CD quality sound) tables made for SPA.

Latter-day DE for me. I'm pretty well acquainted with Lazer War. That game is fairly mediocre IMO but I do love the insanely cheesy photo on the backglass. I feel like it wouldn't be all that exciting in digital form, though.

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Huh, the only pins in the ipdb top 300 by Alvin G are

210. Mystery Castle (1993)
288. Pistol Poker (1993)

Still, either A.G. Soccer or the World Tour one seem pretty interesting!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I like Pistol Poker. It's a bit on the easy side, but the layout and rules made it interesting for me. Mystery Castle is the one I would really want. It's pretty rare, so I don't expect to see it. The only thing I know about garage band is the papa video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts