Taxi and Harley Davidson release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Oh I hope this doesn’t slip again. My dad is off on holiday for a couple of weeks with no internet access on the 16th.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
It's not all bad.. We'll get DLC pack 6 the week after :rolleyes:

Farsight are a lesson in what not to do in PR.

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
September 15th is pretty much where DLC 6 should have been if the 1 DLC per month was on track.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Since DLC 6 hasn't even gone into testing, there's no way it'll be out anywhere around the 15th.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It's not all bad.. We'll get DLC pack 6 the week after :rolleyes:

Farsight are a lesson in what not to do in PR.
"What's a PR?"
-Farsight

PS. Ugh. This is happening WAY too often. Even though I don't watch submissions from other developers as frequently, these delays are happening on too many different platforms for it to be an issue with the submission process on each one, it can only be put down to FS. If it was just a delay on the 360 one, or the PS3 one, or the iOS one... I could understand. I can't believe I was so naive as to expect this to come out last weekend :/

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Ha, and I blamed Apple. I am glad it wasn't Apples fault. As a stock holder, I hate to see it out for android first, but what can you do. Waiting patiently until the 15ish. I don't expect it until a week after they say now. Hopefully we will see by the 21st.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I'd like to say im surprised but im NOT!!!, well done FarSight for managing to mess up once again!!. I think i have more chance of winning the Brazilian Lottery than having a DLC pack released by FarSight that doesnt have any major bugs....and i dont even live in Brazil!!

Turbine

May 19, 2012
FS Facebook quote: "we are planning to release two packs for ios by the end of the month"

Laurence Merraine

May 14, 2012
Farsight are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
Give us a date, give us a date, when is it going to be released?

X date.

Omg it's late they are crap, they need to brush up on their pr.

I can see why companies then stop giving any information about release dates.

Am I upset about the delay? No, just means I don't need to keep checking for updates in the store for the next week.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Farsight are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
Give us a date, give us a date, when is it going to be released?

X date.

Omg it's late they are crap, they need to brush up on their pr.

I can see why companies then stop giving any information about release dates.

Am I upset about the delay? No, just means I don't need to keep checking for updates in the store for the next week.
Well, it's semantics. If they said "DLC pack 5 and the update is pending approval and it should be released this weekend", that's cool. But if you say "Table Pack #5: Harley Davidson, Third Edition™ and Taxi™ has just been released for Android and should be released for iOS this weekend.", it sounds like it's just down to FS to release it and the time is essentially set in stone. If you temper expectations, you may not excite as many people but you will disappoint far less. As it is, they set expectations high to EVERYONE on their mailing list and disappointed everyone.

Any use of the word "should" regarding release dates for *anything* need to be qualified, especially if there's a >1% chance that it might not be met. In this case, it seems it was closer to 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.