Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If kickstarter was purely goodwill, to support something being made, then they would get rid of backing tiers and people should only donate towards the cause. AS it stands, its more like investing in a project that when you have enough backers something happens, and hopefully you get something as well as a part of the backing agreement.
Well, what I described is the ideal, but this being an imperfect world, project creators sometimes have to offer incentives to attract backers. But the project creator is not under any obligation to ensure a backer gets his/her money's worth. If the value of the reward was more than the pledge, the creator would be better off financing the project internally.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I believe (and hope) TPA will chip in on the last remaining $ if it doesn't seem to reach its goal a few days before the end.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
One thing that hasn't been touched on too much in this thread is assuming that the kickstarter is funded by July 21, how is FarSight going to have this table done by September? Are they really that fast in converting them now? Do you think they've already started? If it comes down to the wire and, say, 10k is still needed can FarSight just support their own Kickstarter to see it funded? If it doesn't reach the 59k then any preliminary work done so far would have been a waste of man hours. Thoughts?

They've had the machine at the studio since December. It's not entirely impossible to think that they've at the very least stripped it down, photographed, and maybe even modeled certain items on it already.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I have posted links to the kickstarter on my facebook and several of my gaming related facebook Groups that I am a member of :)
I have pledged $50 so far and might be doubling that if it is needed hehe.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Probably the posting on that Terminators Fan site help no end i should imagine, now we just need to do the same for about 5 other Terminator fan sites (...)
Well it helped, I don't know how much but it helped. And it still does.
I contacted four sites. But, anyway, they all get their news from that one site, theterminatorfans.com

Here are some suggestions from our dear friend Christian Villareal ... naw I don't like him.
Why don't you guys post on IMDB in each of the film's forum? Actually, I subscribe to a film news website called www.joblo.com, and they always love posting stuff from movies, even if it's just fan art. Spielberg is even quoted saying he loves that site, so you might submit to them to.
Someone get in touch with Wil Wheaton and have him promote this kickstarter. He's the nerd king of gaming..

I just sent an email to joblo.com

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Updates:
9c1e.png

ubau.png

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
For those worried about season pass, perhaps we should ask FS to offer season 3 credit. The alternative is getting the table(s) on different platforms. I am also frustrated as one situation I've run into is only getting credit to use for pro, balls, etc. honestly I think the pro add on is ridiculous. Seems that I should be able to access table options just having the table.

For what it's worth, I'll get the table on my pc, maybe PS3 if its offered. Would prefer a credit though. $20 is as high as I'll go though. I've purchased every other table on iOS, season one piecemeal, season 2 pass. I should hope it makes.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
You feeling any better about our prospects, Sotie?

No, I'm not. If it was trending towards >100% then I'd feed differently. FS needs to do something to boost the pledges. They posted a PS3/Vita update on Facebook yesterday and didn't even mention the T2 Kickstarter. Obviously I don't know what's going on internally but my perception of the public face they're putting on this is that it's not that important to them. They just don't seem to be really pushing hard to make it happen.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah they just seem to have started the kickstarter and left it, doesn't seem like its a high priority to them at all really. The fact that no FS staff have posted in this thread at all just strengthens that view point!

They need to act and do something before the end of this week otherwise anything after is just going to be too late to make any sort of dent, going by how far off we are on the daily targets to hit 100% over the last few days, and that will just carry on it they sit ideally by and do nothing

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Moving this to General Discussion to hopefully give it at least a little more exposure.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It just got a huge push over the weekend and it's now stabilizing higher than it was last week. Can we please stop worrying and being negative Nancy's in here? I'm not saying we stop pushing promotion but Jeeze guys lighten up.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Well The FaceBook page alone has 16k odd 'Likes' yet only 1000 people have backed the KS so far. If everyone of those 16k gave $3.75 each then we make the target easily......i mean what is $3.75!??, you cant even buy a beer for that much!!!

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I've been trying to decide how I feel about this Kickstarter for a while. After pondering for a bit, here's what I came up with: I fully intend to back the Kickstarter for at least $20 (more if I can figure out other platforms than Mac and XBox 360 that I might want the table for, since I already got the Season 2 pass on iOS), but if the Kickstarter doesn't work out, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. T2 does look fun, but there are better Steve Ritchies out there, at least for my money (World Poker Tour would be an interesting one to see, if only to find out how a non-flow-oriented Steve Ritchie design works out). Still, T2 does have historical value and looks pretty fun, though I dearly wish FarSight would take on a full-time Kickstarter manager—the recent returns from Kickstarter definitely show that they could use one.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I think they should have pushed up the minimum donation to something like $3. $1 is too low, its all psychological.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I have been spamming all over my facebook, trying to get friends to chip in also! I really want this on TPA!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Or there are those of us like me who have signed up for the newsletter but for some reason it stopped being sent to me and despite many requests, hasn't been sent since.

Resubscribe. I stopped getting after awhile. I resubscribed and started getting it again.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
To generate some interest maybe as a stretch goal they could raffle off their actual T2 pin used to create the simulation to all the $10 and greater donations. Say, if they get $75K they will box up and send the machine to one lucky winner after FarSight is done with the table. I'm guessing once they digitize it that it's only a matter of physics and tweaks after that....heck, if they get $75K they could always buy another one if push came to shove. Just trying to think outside the box.

In most states raffles can only be run by charities. In Illinois, that raffle would be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.