Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well even though its not over and we have a week left, it doesnt look like its going to happen.. good try though guys!
You're writing a premature obituary. Kickstarters generally experience a final surge in their last two days...especially if it looks like the project's close but needs just a little more help.

The fat lady has not even entered the building yet.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
You're writing a premature obituary. Kickstarters generally experience a final surge in their last two days...especially if it looks like the project's close but needs just a little more help.

The fat lady has not even entered the building yet.

Hope your right... because I really want T2!

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Well even though its not over and we have a week left, it doesnt look like its going to happen.. good try though guys! we did the best we could... If I was a rich man I would have donated the rest needed but I am not...

I have one friend who refuses to donate because Farsight doesnt fix the table bugs for the tables that are already out... maybe others feel the same? Im sure the Xbox dilemma didnt help either...

And PC...

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
What I dont get is that Farsight has 16,846 fans on facebook but there's only 1,529 backers for this kickstarter... ridiculous

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I wouldn't worry about it. It is currently on pace to achieve the goal WITHOUT a surge. Plus I haven't put in my pledge yet. Not that it is too significant but I will be doing at least $100.

Others have said that they will raise their pledges if it needs it as well. Last minute donors tend to be very generous.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Feels like this wont happen. I have a $200 pledge in, might bump it to 400 but that is a lot of money for me.

If $200 is the highest you'll go then stick to it, I would really advise people against making impulsive irrational buys just to try and get it past the total.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If $200 is the highest you'll go then stick to it, I would really advise people against making impulsive irrational buys just to try and get it past the total.

Right? Do I eat at all (or consume Ramen for the next three months) and support a table or do I make a reasonable donation and continue to maintain my lifestlye. I just wish there was someone among us that won the powerball or something. Seriously if it were me, I would just give Farsight a check and tell them here is a quarter million-a million dollars gift to pay for future licenses on the condition you put out Fathom and Johnny Mnemonic or something.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Good idea Bowflex if I win the powerball expect to see Farsight get the Judge Dredd license shortly afterwards

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Well I haven't yet checked my lottery ticket yet, so if I've won then sure, I'll finish it off :p

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I haven't tried this yet, but can't you pledge $20 and select the $18 tier that includes the pro version? I would much rather have 1 pro version rather than 2 standard versions, but I'll round up the extra $2 anyways.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I haven't tried this yet, but can't you pledge $20 and select the $18 tier that includes the pro version? I would much rather have 1 pro version rather than 2 standard versions, but I'll round up the extra $2 anyways.
Yes, you can select any lower tier's reward when you pledge.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Personally I think, one way or the other, the T2 Kickstarter is going to succeed. I think FarSight has already invested in not only the table but has put development resources into it already. How else would they get it out by September? Even if they have to contribute, I think it's going to happen.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013

Hehe, I can afford the 400 but it is still quite a lot of money ;) I seriosly want to see T2 in TPA. Remember seeing it down in the video rental store when I was 11 or 12 and just thinking HO-LE-SHEEET :D

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's currently trending at 99%. Unless there is a hoard of people that back out in the next week it will make it. If you look at other kickstarter histories a surge in the end when it's close to making it is very common (as other's here have pointed out). I'm probably going to end up upping my donation to $400 very soon.

N

netizen

It's gone down because of the $18 pledge level. There's a big discussion on the comments of how to get the most for the least on the kickstarter..

One of the $400 backers pulled their pledge this morning. There were 21 slots available at that level last night now it's back to 22

Up to 28 $400 backers and still -$15 on the day. There's no way it should be in negative values after picking up 6 additional $400 pledges if there weren't a significant number either dropping their pledges or reducing.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
One of the $400 backers pulled their pledge this morning. There were 21 slots available at that level last night now it's back to 22

Up to 28 $400 backers and still -$15 on the day. There's no way it should be in negative values after picking up 6 additional $400 pledges if there weren't a significant number either dropping their pledges or reducing.

Er, netizen - you're seeing the same numbers rob3d noted; his "22 slots available" is the same as your "28 $400 backers."

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
What I dont get is that Farsight has 16,846 fans on facebook but there's only 1,529 backers for this kickstarter... ridiculous

One reason may be not enough updates on Facebook, if you only look every now and then you could easily miss them. They need daily updates/advertising about the Kickstarter on Facebook/Twitter till the end of the Kickstarter I reckon. Could easily delete them after if necessary as well.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
This is the first KS campaigned I've pledged in. Can someone explain the reasoning behind pledging one amount, and then waiting till near the end to up their pledge? Is it a matter of trying to get away with pledging on the cheap?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is the first KS campaigned I've pledged in. Can someone explain the reasoning behind pledging one amount, and then waiting till near the end to up their pledge? Is it a matter of trying to get away with pledging on the cheap?
Many people, having previously pledged $X and now faced with a project that has almost but not quite succeeded, will pledge some higher amount $Y rather than see the project fail. They'd rather have only pledged $X, and if the project was a runaway success they would have stayed at $X.

The reasons behind this vary with each backer, but not wanting to feel responsible for a failed project ("if only we had pledged a little more") probably has a lot to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts