Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Why dont they just add that to the stretch goal...would boost it massively. They Dont have to say its TAF if they dont want to. Just put stretched goal is to help fund the most request table for TPA

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I'm hoping for the HarleyDavidson TriplePak: editions 1-3 ! Live to Ride!

(No, not really.)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Actually, if they ever made a pro version of Harley, I think they could add the option of changing the artwork to the 1st version.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Da da, da da da da da da da da da da da da da da...

Oops, wrong theme song...

Anyway, it's most likely Addams, I'm really hoping for the Gold ROMs.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
For the last few days I've been wondering about the $500 tier and the beta slots. FS doesn't specifically say that the $500 backers get to beta test but obviously they do since the reward says "everything above". If all the $400 and $500 rewards were taken that would be 75 iOS beta testers. Obviously not everyone would pick iOS and I have no idea what the percentage will be but let's just assume everyone did. I believe normal developer accounts can deploy beta apps to a maximum of 100 devices and devices can only be removed once per year. That would only leave 25 iOS beta devices left for FS's in-house development and the current iOS beta testers. Does anybody know the total number current beta testers that aren't working at FS?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Obviously not everyone would pick iOS and I have no idea what the percentage will be but let's just assume everyone did. I believe normal developer accounts can deploy beta apps to a maximum of 100 devices and devices can only be removed once per year.
Rules like these only cause headaches for developers. Farsight is gonna use up their allocation for devices and will have to resort to jailbreaking their own devices, which will cause headaches. Same way no patches for PS3 due to how updates are handled, and no updates at all for 360 due to some middle man that went bankrupt. People weren't getting their DL codes because greedy consoles don't want to hand out codes for free, even at the request of developers.

Now for a completely open system like Ouya. I pledged even though there was no official conformation that Ouya would be a supported device as far as redemption codes... :rolleyes: Betas wouldn't even be an issue because every console is also a dev unit and testers could access a special link to get the APKs and just sideload the beta apps, completely bypassing the store. Online checks or expiry dates would insure that the apps couldn't be used once the beta testing period was over. Not charging developers to update their own apps or rent store slots. I'd imagine there would be very few gripes indeed regarding people not getting their content.

MS, Sony, Apple, etc simply are too greedy and do not want to give developers the freedom to develop. Nintendo is another animal entirely with an approval process that is slower than molasses in Alaska, and Nintendo's general refusal to cater to 3rd party demands (sometimes not a bad thing considering MS and Sony both bowed down under pressure from the DRM warlords *cough* EA Sports...), but oh, their 1st party games are epic! If TPA comes out on Wii-U, I may add that as a secondary Pinball Arcade device. I'll probably go with the season packs this time around, since I totally missed out on the opportunity to save some dough on season packs with Ouya because they were not offered to Kickstarter backers prior to the official June 24/25th launch update. :confused:

Sorry for my fanboy rant. Carry on!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Congratulations to Farsight on another successful Kickstarter funded , I look forward to seeing how well Terminator 2 Pinball shines on PS3

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Bring on Simpson's Pinball Party! ;)

AMEN!
IMG_3094.JPG

I really hope they strike while the Simpsons are relevant. The show might not be on much longer and Simpsons Tapped Out is the #1 iOS/Android app so they would really get their money's worth out of it. I really want them to get this before someone else (Zen) decides to make a new table based on The Simpsons
and ties up the license.

They should go for both the original Simpsons table as well as Pinball Party, much like they did with Elvira.
One license, two tables. That Kickstarter would hit goal very quickly.

I also believe they would be opening up the world of TPA to many Simpsons fans.

Anyway, congrats to Farsight on another successful Kickstarter!

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
AMEN!
IMG_3094.JPG

I really hope they strike while the Simpsons are relevant.

They could be canceled tomorrow and still be relevant.

A show that lasts as long as the Simpsons isn't going to stop being relevant any time soon (soap operas and news shows aside).

PWolverine

Jan 20, 2013
A cartoon pack would be great. Simpsons, South Park or family guy would be great. I also think that if they are kickstarter campaigns they shouldn't go into the season packs. Make a separate kickstarter category so your not essentially buying the table twice, once in kickstarter and once in your season pack.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
they should get the south park license I doubt it's that much... and it could be released as a tie-in to the south park rpg coming out

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
A cartoon pack would be great. Simpsons, South Park or family guy would be great. I also think that if they are kickstarter campaigns they shouldn't go into the season packs. Make a separate kickstarter category so your not essentially buying the table twice, once in kickstarter and once in your season pack.

They said that if you already own a season pack and get the table through kickstarter, they'll give you a table of your choice for free.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Something is effed up on Kickstarter at the moment. The T2 generates 404 error. I did a quick search on kickstarter.com and could see the project still. Clicked another link in the search for another project and that also generated a 404 error.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Something is effed up on Kickstarter at the moment. The T2 generates 404 error. I did a quick search on kickstarter.com and could see the project still. Clicked another link in the search for another project and that also generated a 404 error.
Works from here...

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
14 hours for people to back their pledges out to teach Farsight a lesson they will never forget!

lol

14 hours until we can really rest easy... chickens hatching and all that

edit: this one guy is implying a plan to make the kickstarter succeed but have amazon not collect the money... wow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.