Terminator 2 Kickstarter BEGINNING NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Glad to see that the KS has gotten a boost in the last 24 hours. I'm currently at $45 pledged, I plan on upping it to $50 sometime this week.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Someone Tweet Arnold Schwarzenegger and tell him to back it if he wants to immortalise himself forever haha

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
He is already immortal! :D
53002blowuprk2.jpg

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I doubt that FS didn't know the timing of this kickstarter campaign a month ago and they could have incorporated it. Maybe I don't understand how the Sony updates work.

I never said FarSight didn't know the timing of their own Kickstarter, but they hadn't thought of advertising their T2 Kickstarter in-game until just a few days ago.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You want a T-Shirt you and your buddy's want a T-Shirt fine contribute and I'll make you a damn T-shirt what do you want on it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You want a T-Shirt you and your buddy's want a T-Shirt fine contribute and I'll make you a damn T-shirt what do you want on it.

"I kickstarted Twilight Zone pinball for PC
and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

;) I keeeed.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
FarSight sent the upcoming PS3/PS Vita update to Sony over a month ago, so the Kickstarter splash screen will not be integrated. However, they could promote their Kickstarter on Sony's blogs if they allow them to.

I doubt that FS didn't know the timing of this kickstarter campaign a month ago and they could have incorporated it. Maybe I don't understand how the Sony updates work.

I never said FarSight didn't know the timing of their own Kickstarter, but they hadn't thought of advertising their T2 Kickstarter in-game until just a few days ago.

Yeah, I guess I didn't word my comment correctly. The point I was trying to make was that obviously FS knew they were going to run this kickstarter before they sent their update to Sony. I'm not surprised to hear that they didn't think of it until recently.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah, I guess I didn't word my comment correctly. The point I was trying to make was that obviously FS knew they were going to run this kickstarter before they sent their update to Sony. I'm not surprised to hear that they didn't think of it until recently.

Thanks for the clarification and having re-read your post, I see the point you were trying to make now. My initial interpretation was obviously incorrect and I apologize for my direct response.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
For the last two days there's been about $5500 in pledges. What a difference a little promotion makes!

BRZ

Aug 2, 2012
That might be the funniest thing I've read on these forums. Come on dude. You're contributing precisely for the fact that FS will be able to make these tables available to the non-contributing public at $5. It's about widening the fan base and preserving the past.

laugh and pontificate all you want gooch.
i'm pretty sure there many other idiots like me
that are not contributing for the same reasons i outlined.

If you've ever been to a convention for instance,
you'll agree that the power of effective marketing and trinkets is undeniable.

Thanks for the offer Mark.
But to attract more backers, i was hoping FS would offer different rewards themselves.
Just me and my friend won't make much of a dent.
I could make my own silly shirt if that's all i cared about.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
That might be the funniest thing I've read on these forums. Come on dude. You're contributing precisely for the fact that FS will be able to make these tables available to the non-contributing public at $5. It's about widening the fan base and preserving the past.

I see your point about the reason for backing, but I do think there is some validity to offering more varied rewards which could draw more casual players to donate.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Someone should tweet @FunWithBonus (I don't have a twitter). He runs Funwithbonus.com, a site with a lot of pinball related stuff, both real and virtual, and he has made various posts about TPA before. I would guess the KS would end up on his front page.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I would also contribute for trinkets like T shirt, key ring, mug, poster, all that jazz. Cheap to produce but I'd happily give them more than they're worth, like tshirts and programs at a concert.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I wonder whether Kickstarter creators have any kind of stats that show where people are coming from. It would be nice for FarSight to know where these new backers are finding out about the campaign. Are they coming from Pinball sites? Maybe the Terminator site?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Hey guys, look at this comment that was posted on the kickstarter earlier today. F'ng ridiculous. It has absolutely nothing to do with the T2 table.

Okurkaaaargh about 5 hours ago

Farsight, since you are not reacting on FB or the fan-forum I'll have to say it here.
Scores aren't getting uploaded to the Leaderboard with the latest version and apparently you were aware of it during beta-testing but still let the games pass QA?

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4842-Scores-not-posting-to-leaderboards

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Soooooo he's knows that FS knows about it, so he wants FS to acknowledge that they know what he knows that they know.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Soooooo he's knows that FS knows about it, so he wants FS to acknowledge that they know what he knows that they know.

He must be trying to stir the pot to screw with the success of the Kickstarter campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts