The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Not blaming Farsight for going for it but the stretch goal for christopher lloyds rights really sticks in my throat. hes been offered what i assume was a not insubstantial amount of money to merely allow the use of a couple of images from work he completed and was already handsomely paid for 20 years ago, and he turned it down cause he wanted more. that extra money could be going towards helping getting another table made but instead its going to be lining the pockets of an already wealthy man who wants to be paid over the odds for doing absolutely nothing. screw him.

If we can get him in, maybe, just maybe, we can see Back to the Future as a possible table ;)

Believe me, I'm not sure where Farsight is going with this.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Not blaming Farsight for going for it but the stretch goal for christopher lloyds rights really sticks in my throat. hes been offered what i assume was a not insubstantial amount of money to merely allow the use of a couple of images from work he completed and was already handsomely paid for 20 years ago, and he turned it down cause he wanted more. that extra money could be going towards helping getting another table made but instead its going to be lining the pockets of an already wealthy man who wants to be paid over the odds for doing absolutely nothing. screw him.

I could live without his likeness on TAF, but I am not so quick to dislike this. I was my understanding from some of the interviews that Bobby did, that part of the issue with Lloyd wanting more money was that most of the rest of the actors had a Most Favored Nations clause which meant more money for everyone else as well. I can't believe that they got everyone else to waive that. So I wonder...could FS being working something out to the effect of Lloyd taking the same rate for this table and then FS will pay him on the backside for rights to say something like....BTTF?? :confused:

I would be all for that.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Exactly. If they had it replaced with the image of a coconut or a monkey's arse you couldn't tell the difference.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I could live without his likeness on TAF, but I am not so quick to dislike this. I was my understanding from some of the interviews that Bobby did, that part of the issue with Lloyd wanting more money was that most of the rest of the actors had a Most Favored Nations clause which meant more money for everyone else as well. I can't believe that they got everyone else to waive that. So I wonder...could FS being working something out to the effect of Lloyd taking the same rate for this table and then FS will pay him on the backside for rights to say something like....BTTF?? :confused:

I would be all for that.

Me too !

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013

I would be all for that.

It's just speculation on my part, but would seem to be reasonable. Is BTTF a Sony pic by any chance?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If the true stretch is BTTF - which would need just the movie license and Lloyd, I believe, unless there's music in there (Power Of Love? Other tunes?) - then they may be negotiating along the lines of "do BTTF and throw the image license for TAF in for free" kind of thing.

That I'd be okay with, and makes more sense that just trying to get the image license for TAF alone.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I would like to add that Farsight dealt with Universal before with Creature From the Black Lagoon and Monster Bash.

if a ducth pinball company with only a bride of pinbot mod table under their belt can get the Big Lebowski license from Universal to create an original table with likenesses and voice, I would hope Farsight can pull off BTTF. That being said, the director, producers/rights owners would also have to sign off on the table. and considering who they are, that might be a little hard to do in the window Farsight has available.

If BTTF is out of play, I'd personally rather go without Llyod's likeness for now and let it be a patch Farsight pays for once the table is made and profitable rather than rush and waste kickstarter funds. i just think the funds could be used for another table like the shadow or J-park that's iffy on getting a kickstarter rather than Simpsons or Indiana Jones which would be successful on their own.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
If the true stretch is BTTF - which would need just the movie license and Lloyd, I believe, unless there's music in there (Power Of Love? Other tunes?)

"The Power of Love", "Back in Time" (originally performed by Huey Lewis and the News), and "Doubleback" (originally performed by ZZ Top).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts