The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
It'll be a bit less. Kickstarter takes 5% of the money raised as their fee, and Amazon Payments takes another 3% to 5%.

I knew about the kickstarter fee but why can't THEY take the money for their 5%. Seems to me it kinda sucks to pay up to a 10% big to not do too much. I realize the credit card companies take a fee but the rest is kind of steep

karl

May 10, 2012
It'll be a bit less. Kickstarter takes 5% of the money raised as their fee, and Amazon Payments takes another 3% to 5%.

That should be calculated in the goal and not go out of the extras. Anything else is just wrong. Farsight knows about that part before they calculate their goal for the kickstarter

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Seems to me it kinda sucks to pay up to a 10% big to not do too much.

Welcome to the world of finance.

That should be calculated in the goal and not go out of the extras. Anything else is just wrong. Farsight knows about that part before they calculate their goal for the kickstarter

The fees are calculated from the final amount raised.

Let's say goal was 100, they raised 150, then KS will take 5% of 150, Amazon will take 5% of 150, and then FS gets what's left, 135.

Which is all known ahead of time, as this is all spelled out in KS webpage.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Welcome to the world of finance.

The fees are calculated from the final amount raised.

Let's say goal was 100, they raised 150, then KS will take 5% of 150, Amazon will take 5% of 150, and then FS gets what's left, 135.

Which is all known ahead of time, as this is all spelled out in KS webpage.

You are right of course. I thought he meant 10% out of 97600 would be taken from extra cash. 10% out of the ca 17600 is nothing to be done with. I must have left my thinking hat out in the cold :eek: Sorry Sean!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This. Can't imagine that license would be that expensive, WWE probably has the rights for all of those wrestlers' likenesses in one place.

I know next to nothing about the WWF or WWE, but even I know that they own outright the images of their wrestlers when in character. That's why when Dwayne Johnson first started getting movie rolls and was billed as The Rock, Vince McMahon was always listed as one of the producers. WWE owns the name, even when it has nothing to do with them. I have no idea what that means in terms of license cost, but it does mean it would be significantly easier to get a hold of since you'd only be having to deal with the company and not the individuals.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I know next to nothing about the WWF or WWE, but even I know that they own outright the images of their wrestlers when in character. That's why when Dwayne Johnson first started getting movie rolls and was billed as The Rock, Vince McMahon was always listed as one of the producers. WWE owns the name, even when it has nothing to do with them. I have no idea what that means in terms of license cost, but it does mean it would be significantly easier to get a hold of since you'd only be having to deal with the company and not the individuals.

Most, but not all.

Bret owns his own, Ultimate Warrior owns his own... I'd have to go back and check for all the others.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I still wonder about the legality of changing TAF artwork. The art as it is, represents John Youssi’s work. If it’s altered, it no longer fully represents his work, and you’d have to mention that change somewhere, wouldn’t you?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Maybe you guys should make a wrestling pinball topic before one of the moderator looses his temper ^^
Considering one of the moderators (shutyertrap) is participating in the thread derailment, it would be strange for one of us to suddenly lose his temper over it.

The main topic is kind of obsolete at this point anyway; the kickstarter's over.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I don't think you need one....15 minutes in paintshop. Fatten the face, rounder nose and narrow the eyes and you get closer to Jackie Coogan.
pSZAKaf.png

An another quote for this awesome work. It looks better than the original!

FS, no need to struggle like with the T2 skull, your modded Uncle Fester is ready. :cool:

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
But ain't Bret & Warrior in the latest WWE games? How did 2K get them two in the game.

Because both made deals with the WWE for thme to use their likeness. In fact, The Ultimate Warrior (Jim Hellwig), LEGALLY changed his name to "Warrior" back in the 90s, so the WWE couldn't use his likeness.

Maybe you guys should make a wrestling pinball topic before one of the moderator looses his temper ^^

I'm not the one who started the wrestling talk, so I think it's ok. lol

Considering one of the moderators (shutyertrap) is participating in the thread derailment, it would be strange for one of us to suddenly lose his temper over it.

The main topic is kind of obsolete at this point anyway; the kickstarter's over.

I have to say, I love this new "Sean DonCarlos". It's been nice. :)

An another quote for this awesome work. It looks better than the original!

FS, no need to struggle like with the T2 skull, your modded Uncle Fester is ready. :cool:

I could live with that image. It's actually not that bad at all, good work!

Last edited:

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Wicked news that this got funded, can't wait to play it! Really want to see TSPP as the next Kickstarter - I'm not holding my breath though!

Anyone know what the prizes are for the Top 10 in the tournament?

I managed 6th in bronze haha. (Even though I should have been in gold! Not my fault if I got relegated for no reason!! :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts