The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

Sutol

Oct 9, 2012
Great news the kickstarter has begun.A few people are commenting about the licences for christopher lloyd and his apperance on the table.I took a pic for all to have a look at.
I don't think the playfield fester really resembles him at all.On the other hand the backglass you can really tell.
It'll make no differance to the table at all for me.

Fester_Compare.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
At $100 that would be a pretty big loss for them as the season pass is $30 value as is. I could see them doing a $150-$200 tier where you get everything below that plus a S4 pass on a device of choice. I think a few people would go for that.

Since when did FarSight say the season pass was coming back? I thought they had to stop selling tables in advance. Which, honestly, didn't make any sense in the first place. Other games allow you to buy unreleased content. Telltale's games for example.

Unless you're talking about a season 4 pack AFTER the season is finished.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I really need to stop obsessively checking the kickstarter amount.

I've done my bit, I'm thinking of blocking the page until the last few days and then see if there's anything else that needs doing.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So when the table is available it will be part of the season subscription and will be available for $4.99 individually like T2 and Star Trek? I don't see the reason for paying $7 in advance. I understand the people that want to pay for tournament access or magic physics ball, etc, but if you just want the game why pay more and in advance? It's not a charity, it is a profitable business. (At least I hope they are profitable if they set up their offices in Big Bear).

I'm also of the opinion (as I said in the podcast briefly) that there should be a $5 tier that just gets you the table, but at least the $7 is close. My thought is, with virtually any other kickstarter, this kind of thing works as a pre-order. I'll be buying a season pass for at least one of my two preferred platforms (PC and PS3), so I'd use the pre-order for getting it on iOS.

That being said, and it's hard to remind oneself of, there is this which is for the license, and then there is FarSight's cost of making the table. So as pointed out, you could always tell yourself just what EldarOfSuburbia said, $5 is going toward the table purchase, and $2 is going toward the license which will make the table a reality.

And hey, at least it's not $10 like it was for the other 3 kickstarters.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FS just replied on the KS that they don't believe there is any actual Christopher Lloyd voice work in the pin.

Also said anyone entitled to the gold version will also have access to the standard version as well.

Nice :)

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Yeah, they have produced 50 tables, they are not starting out. They were rated best game by G4. Good for them for finding a way to decrease their risk but if they are going to ask people to fund something in advance shouldnt they be getting something in addition rather than paying more for the same product they will be able to buy later? The likelihood of it not getting funded so TPA choosing to pass is not a realistic outcome, they make pinball simulators and Addam's Family is the most liked pinball table. If they want to be The Pinball Simulator and Historic Collection of Tables, they need to make it. So, if they are asking people to invest than give them something on their return, not a loss on their return. As it stands $7 now rather than $4.99 later is a loss. There are ways for them to give people something for their money. The $7 option seems like it would be a popular choice except that for $7 you get to donate $2 to them and receive nothing in return. It is not a charity it is a profitable business.

Last edited:

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
I wish the Kickstarter would allow to use the Amazon Gift Card funds too, seems I won't be helping out, again. Damn those credit cards. Here in The Netherlands most people don't use any of those, we got iDeal and can use PayPal for the rest, except for US things it seems.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, they have produced 50 tables, they are not starting out. They were rated best game by G4. Good for them for finding a way to decrease their risk but if they are going to ask people to fund something in advance shouldnt they be getting something in addition rather than paying more for the same product they will be able to buy later? It not getting funded so them choosing to pass is not a realistic outcome, they make pinball simulators and Addam's Family is the most liked pinball table. If they are asking people to invest give them something on their return, not a loss on their return. As it stands $7 now rather than $4.99 later is a loss. There are ways for them to give people something for their money. The $7 option seems like it would be a popular choice except that for $7 you get to donate $2 to them and receive nothing in return. It is not a charity it is a profitable business.

Believe me, I'm right there with you. Truth be told, a $5 or $7 tier isn't going to fund this thing no matter what. I do think it would push it over the edge though with anyone that is on the fence for 'donating' at all but would buy the table. There is a big gap in kickstarter thinking between those at entry level, and those dropping a serious chunk of change. There is no sense in arguing the point between the two, merely trying to find some common ground.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I own all the seasons and some pro versions, I assume that makes me more loyal than most customers. I would pay in advance even $2 more but treat me like a customer and give me something for that $2. And for those of us that are planning on getting the Season 4 than we are just donating the entire $7. There are options that would cost them little or nothing (a backers newsletter with production progress, upgrade to go-pro or upgrade to an existing table, early access to the table, additional contest, even credit, something).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, they have produced 50 tables, they are not starting out. They were rated best game by G4. Good for them for finding a way to decrease their risk but if they are going to ask people to fund something in advance shouldnt they be getting something in addition rather than paying more for the same product they will be able to buy later? The likelihood of it not getting funded so TPA choosing to pass is not a realistic outcome, they make pinball simulators and Addam's Family is the most liked pinball table. If they want to be The Pinball Simulator and Historic Collection of Tables, they need to make it. So, if they are asking people to invest than give them something on their return, not a loss on their return. As it stands $7 now rather than $4.99 later is a loss. There are ways for them to give people something for their money. The $7 option seems like it would be a popular choice except that for $7 you get to donate $2 to them and receive nothing in return. It is not a charity it is a profitable business.

The entire reason for the kickstarter is that making TAF actually is not profitable because of the licensing fees. If they could just sell enough tables at $5 or whatever and cover the license and make a profit the kickstarter would have no reason to exist. If you don't like the kickstarter model that's fine and you can just buy the table when it releases for whatever they charge, but the reasoning for how the funding works is pretty clear. I have $100 on it, but I have absolutely no illusions that I'm actually getting a product that's objectively worth $100 since it's just a fancy virtual table, or a few copies of them in this case.

Paying for the kickstarter is to make sure something you want made actually gets made at the core.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
The 100 dollar level should get you - 1 gold edition of the game. 4 pro versions of the table, all with the magic physics. So 4 pro versions is 60 bucks, which means the gold edition is only costing you 40 bucks.

that being said Farsight does need to be more clear on if the gold edition is a kickstarter exclusive. i'm all for helping out. i went gold. but i would be pretty pissed if after this kickstarter someone can go buy the gold edition the first day of sale for 10 or 15 bucks.

here's hoping they announce a stretch goal table of a Paramount license like Congo.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The 100 dollar level should get you - 1 gold edition of the game. 4 pro versions of the table, all with the magic physics. So 4 pro versions is 60 bucks, which means the gold edition is only costing you 40 bucks.

that being said Farsight does need to be more clear on if the gold edition is a kickstarter exclusive. i'm all for helping out. i went gold. but i would be pretty pissed if after this kickstarter someone can go buy the gold edition the first day of sale for 10 or 15 bucks.

here's hoping they announce a stretch goal table of a Paramount license like Congo.

Bobby said in our BlahCade podcast that the gold edition would be exclusive to kickstarters for a period of time, possibly forever (I hope not and seems unlikely). I personally hope it only remains exclusive for no longer than a year. That's long enough for you to feel 'special'. Exclusives everyone else can't get later blow. Just look to retail exclusive Blu-Rays to see how much backlash that gets you.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Since when did FarSight say the season pass was coming back? I thought they had to stop selling tables in advance. Which, honestly, didn't make any sense in the first place. Other games allow you to buy unreleased content. Telltale's games for example.

Unless you're talking about a season 4 pack AFTER the season is finished.

The last two Twitch streams they mentioning thinking about bringing it back at the start of the season (e.g. S5 availability at start of S5). In the last one, for Dracula, they specially mentioned they want to do it for all platforms but would be unable to do so for iOS due to Apple's policy.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Bobby said in our BlahCade podcast that the gold edition would be exclusive to kickstarters for a period of time, possibly forever (I hope not and seems unlikely). I personally hope it only remains exclusive for no longer than a year. That's long enough for you to feel 'special'. Exclusives everyone else can't get later blow. Just look to retail exclusive Blu-Rays to see how much backlash that gets you.

Still have to listen. thanks for the info.

R

Rhandos

I... what?
Farsight said:
We currently don't know how the DLC is going to be structured, so we won't know exactly how it will roll out. For now we are expecting to give you however many basic/pro tables you are entitled to and one Gold version for your favorite platform.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'll pledge eventually but as I see it will be no more than $10. I see no use to get the pro pack. Why is it an extra charge for options that should be standard. If they are emulating everything down to programing etc. It should be an option from the start. Yeah I guess I'm still irked at the idea of paying extra for options to turn Extra balls off Plus extra balls should be turned off for any tournament whatsoever. I digress.

Even so I think the Adams Family table is as overrated as Twilight Zone. I've played the real one and it's ok yet a matter of personal opinion.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Are you guys seriously pissing and moaning about giving a few extra dollars to help support the cause?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts