The Addams Family Kickstarter is LIVE

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Front and center

BewlA6m.jpg

It's very prominent which is a bit concerning.

I think the playfield will stay as is (cartoon image). The backglass will have to change and also any audio samples will likely have to be tweaked.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
I'd quite like for one of the tiers to feature a season 4 pass otherwise I'll be buying this table twice!

R

Rhandos

I might pledge $100 but I'm waiting if Its for both the Gold and Non Gold tables.
+1. I'll upgrade my pledge from $20 to $100 once they announce that that tier gets both the normal and the gold version on four platforms, like the wording says. I only need two platforms, so personally I wouldn't care if I only get a two-pack each for two platforms, but some people might want the 4+gold deal as advertised.

I just don't want to be screwed one a tournament starts or a new challenges comes out and I can't play because I only own the TAFG version...

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I might pledge $100 but I'm waiting if Its for both the Gold and Non Gold tables.

Yeah, they really need to clarify this in the Kickstarter. There have been a few people asking questions about it in the comments and the one response wasn't explicit enough.

I was expecting to mix and match the four copies of the tables on the platforms of my choice. So get both TAF and TAF CE on the PC and the same on iOS (4 copies total). But the response they left made it seem like you either get 4 copies of TAF or TAF CE. So they need to clarify that and I think allow people to mix and match.

For my self I guess it doesn't matter so much if they don't allow mixing and matching, as I'll get the Season Pass for PC and iOS anyways, but there seems to be plenty of people that don't go the season pass route and pick and choose specific tables to buy. It would rub those backers the wrong way if they could only have one or the other.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I think the playfield will stay as is (cartoon image). The backglass will have to change and also any audio samples will likely have to be tweaked.

I dont remember any audio clips using Christopher Lloyd on the table?, just Gomez, Morticia, and cousin IT

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I'd quite like for one of the tiers to feature a season 4 pass otherwise I'll be buying this table twice!

+1. I'm not really interested in the higher rewards, but I'd throw in at $7 to support the Kickstarter, except it's a waste if the table will just come in a season 4 pack later.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
So when the table is available it will be part of the season subscription and will be available for $4.99 individually like T2 and Star Trek? I don't see the reason for paying $7 in advance. I understand the people that want to pay for tournament access or magic physics ball, etc, but if you just want the game why pay more and in advance? It's not a charity, it is a profitable business. (At least I hope they are profitable if they set up their offices in Big Bear).

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
You mean, *if* the table is available. If they cannot raise enough money to pay for the licenses and cost of development, then no TAF table at all.

Kickstarter is needed because of high initial capital requirements to get licenses. They can either get that capital upfront from a kickstarter, or take out a loan to pay for licenses and then recoup the money to pay back the loan by increasing the price per table sold.

But the problem with doing that is if not enough tables get sold, they go out of business.

So, I see my ks contribution as buying "the opportunity that TAF gets made at all". I'll pay for table separately when it's ready.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Do the math. If you pledge $7 to the Kickstarter, you're getting a copy of the table that you would've paid $4.99 for. So that's $4.99 (or whatever the FS cut is) that FS aren't getting, because you won't be buying the table from them. Consider that you're paying $4.99 in advance for the table, and $2.01 to the Kickstarter. Or just pledge $2.01 to the Kickstarter and don't get a "free" copy of the table.

The difference is, without your $7 now, the Kickstarter might fail, and you won't be able to buy it - ever.

Personally I'll be getting the S4 pass on Steam as soon as it's available. That will include TAF, one assumes, though since I backed at $100 and there's some ambiguity over the Gold version right now, who knows. I'll have a couple extra free tables, one definitely for Android, the other probably for iOS.

Qik

Aug 4, 2013

This is exactly what I was hoping for. If they added the season pass to the $100 tier I'd be all over it. I just can't see giving $100 for a few extra bells and whistles when I plan to buy the season and get this table anyway. I'd rather do the $7 just to say I helped out.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It's possible that they will sell this for $7 instead of $5 so that they can see a profit. After everyone takes a cut, Farsight may not see much from a sale.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
This is exactly what I was hoping for. If they added the season pass to the $100 tier I'd be all over it. I just can't see giving $100 for a few extra bells and whistles when I plan to buy the season and get this table anyway. I'd rather do the $7 just to say I helped out.

At $100 that would be a pretty big loss for them as the season pass is $30 value as is. I could see them doing a $150-$200 tier where you get everything below that plus a S4 pass on a device of choice. I think a few people would go for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts