The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
If FarSight could just get more sales and exposure, I would guess they wouldn't need a kickstarter campaign just to bring old (albeit great) tables to TPA.

How many kickstarters did Zen need to get access to Disney IP?

Oh well! Barnstorm needed over $350K just to re-master one old Pro Pinball game which is still available on DotEmu and GoG. (Great pinball sim, BTW)

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If FarSight could just get more sales and exposure, I would guess they wouldn't need a kickstarter campaign just to bring old (albeit great) tables to TPA.

How many kickstarters did Zen need to get access to Disney IP?

Oh well! Barnstorm needed over $350K just to re-master one old Pro Pinball game which is still available on DotEmu and GoG. (Great pinball sim, BTW)

40k.

The first kickstarter failed something fierce.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
40k.

The first kickstarter failed something fierce.

You are correct-the 40k was the August 2013 KS goal, which was successful. The first one they attempted was in early 2012 and was set for $400K. Less than half of that was made.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You are correct-the 40k was the August 2013 KS goal, which was successful. The first one they attempted was in early 2012 and was set for $400K. Less than half of that was made.

Yeah it was a lofty goal at first much more reasonable the second time

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah it was a lofty goal at first much more reasonable the second time
From memory, their first KS was to remake all the tables? I'm pretty sure it wasn't only to do one.

That, and have Lawlor design a table exclusively for the game. Which is why I'm thinking the game he designed which we never saw, will evolve into the game he's now making for JJP.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Phew. I played TAF a LOT the last two day's in VP and Unit3D.
Not pretty and or flawless, but it's there. And free.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I also played TAF on futures pinball
It looks good but plays way too slow
Well I suppose it's better than nothing

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
True it was less than half, but it made over $100K. Had they listened to me and had a more reasonable goal, with the other stuff as stretch goals, we'd be playing Timeshock HD/Remastered/Remix (or whatever they decide on calling it) right now.

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
1) I haven't seen it in this thread, but in past threads there were naysayers posting confidently that this will "never" happen. That's great news, because I saw the same thing all over speculation threads for The Sopranos complete series on Blu-Ray for years, and that was officially announced 2 days ago.

2) Twin Peaks complete series Blu-Ray is also coming this year, along with 90 minutes of deleted scenes that have been coveted for two decades.

3) For my own personal 2014 trifecta, all I need is TAF on TPA. These things come in threes obviously.

(Although I guess for my third thing I'd also take a compilation of the old Disney NES games including Ducktales 2 for modern consoles, Weekend at Bernie's 3 [I have a killer idea for it], LeBron joining the Spurs, or anything having to do with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. But still, let's hope it's TAF.)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
From memory, their first KS was to remake all the tables? I'm pretty sure it wasn't only to do one.

That, and have Lawlor design a table exclusively for the game. Which is why I'm thinking the game he designed which we never saw, will evolve into the game he's now making for JJP.

That was it. It was for all 4 plus a new game. It was still a lofty goal to try for given the relatively small size of the pinball community. Especially the size of the virtual pinball subset of the community.

I also played TAF on futures pinball
It looks good but plays way too slow
Well I suppose it's better than nothing

Have you tried installing the newer physics mods for future pinball? They aren't without fault but a huge improvement over vanilla physics for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.