The latest PS4 patch is up - welcome to the rumble

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
So far, it seems to have fixed that ugly static sound FX feedback that was introduced with their last sound "fix" so long ago. I literally quit the game because I couldn't enjoy Addams Family (the only table I tested) (EDIT - I had the volume too low on the night of the patch - all the SFX glitches remain).

It also now has full controller rumble support, and it feels real good. Unfortunately, still no leaderboard for friends. I guess they need to save something for the 2016 PS4 patch.

I'll add more stuff as it comes up.

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I'm not seeing the update here yet, but hopefully soon. Rumble support has been sorely missed. I suppose some newer tables is too much to ask though.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Cyclone, Jackbot and Xenon are loaded into my playlist now, but I don't know if it has been up for awhile since (as I said) I quit because of the sound glitches.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Xenon, Cyclone, and Jack*Bot showed up in my list of games. W00t!

Edit: So much rumble now, seems like far more than I remember on PS3. Wow. I'm back to holding my controller on my lap...or at least in that general area. :)

Last edited:

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
I read a rumor that an owner of the PS3 tables was able to play those tables on his PS4 copy of TPA without making an additional purchase. Can anyone confirm?

the classics

Jul 8, 2013
I was suprised jackbot,xenon and cyclone showed up on my tables menu,since i don't have a season 4 pass i don't know if this is normal since i haven't purchased the tables and i hate to see farsight to lose money for all i know every ps4 owner who got the update also got three free tables

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Welp, the sound issue isn't 100% resolved. It seems to be a table by table issue. The Addams Family has definitely been fixed, and so has Theater of Magic for the most part (a slight issue on the bumpers, but not noticeable like before).

I couldn't detect any abnormal issues with quick plays of quite a few tables, like Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Starship Troopers, Taxi, High Speed, and Cyclone.

I clearly hear the static on Terminator 2 (left drain when it kicks back, bumpers), and Gorgar (upper rollovers, bumpers).

Progress made, but still more to be made unfortunately.

the classics

Jul 8, 2013
Other than rumble support the spinner is still silent on theater of magic and the bumpers are still lit on gorgar and firepower

elfdutch

Jul 13, 2015
Now we have to wait to see just how long this takes to hit the EU... :confused:

It is up in the EU. Wanted to do a quick game this morning and saw the update. Big surprise for me : after the update i wanted to check out tables of the seasons that i had not purchased yet.
However, i was unable to.
Then i found out that somehow almost all tables are playable.
I now have all tables of season 3 and almost every table of season 4 as well. I couldn't find road show but seem to have all the others.

And....i did NOT purchase these seasons. I'm very happy of course.....but what happened??

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Issue (for FarSight not for users ;) ) is being addressed later this morning.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Issue (for FarSight not for users ;) ) is being addressed later this morning.

You have to laugh, the thought of a few people getting a few FREE tables and Farsight are right on the case the same day, however bugs that have been in the game since day one take a year or more to get addressed and often they don't even bother fixing them at all, pathetic as usual.:(

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
well to be fair..its not just a few, its all tables. so 120 bucks worth of tables. And not for a few people, but for everyone.

Last edited:

RJB

May 1, 2013
well to be fair..its not just a few, its all tables. so 120 bucks worth of tables. And not for a few people, but for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I know the saying "don't get anything for nothing" etc.

The point I was really making is that Farsight can be quick as anyone to fix something when it suits them, however when it's the loyal customers who are waiting for fixes to the game they don't give a toss most of the time, sorry! but that's how I feel about their effort with TPA on the PS4.

blazerlegb

Oct 2, 2014
How could Farsight have made such a huge mistake ?
I had just purchased season 2 this week and now they mistakenly unlocked all the tables for free

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts