The latest PS4 patch is up - welcome to the rumble

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I got what you meant :). The whole thing is very indicative of how sloppy farsight can be. They always have been, from the ****ty 360 updates through the monster bash "nudge for jackpot" error, to the horrible first release of black knight ....every patch and update has a single 'how could they miss that' thing in it. Although this is the first time it's to their disadvantage and this will cost them I think.

Cause I wonder how quick they will be able to fix this, if at all. It doesnt seem to be attached to userprofiles or userlicences, but a flag in the actual patch. If thats the case...then they need to pull this patch and then a new patch needs to got through cert again first. And whats to keep people from preventing updates to their games...

Last edited:

RJB

May 1, 2013
I got what you meant :). The whole thing is very indicative of how sloppy farsight can be. They always have been, from the ****ty 360 updates through the monster bash "nudge for jackpot" error, to the horrible first release of black knight ....every patch and update has a single 'how could they miss that' thing in it. Although this is the first time it's to their disadvantage and this will cost them I think.

Cause I wonder how quick they will be able to fix this, if at all. It doesnt seem to be attached to userprofiles or userlicences, but a flag in the actual patch. If thats the case...then they need to pull this patch and then a new patch needs to got through cert again first. And whats to keep people from preventing updates to their games...

Fair enough, mate.:) Farsight just really frustrate me with their constant F-Up's, delay after delay and bugs galore in the game since launch and nearly every patch released.

To be honest I'm really not looking forward to seeing how they go about fixing this latest problem, can't help feeling something else will be messed up and it will probably be the loyal customers who suffer as usual, time will tell....

RJB

May 1, 2013
How could Farsight have made such a huge mistake ?
I had just purchased season 2 this week and now they mistakenly unlocked all the tables for free

It just seems the norm for them, every time a new table pack or patch is released Farsight & Sony seem to make a right balls up of the situation between them, as I said in other posts the PS4 version has been a joke IMO, I bought all their tables on the PS3 and was hoping the PS4 version would be the ultimate version of TPA, but, it's been one disappointment after another in my eyes.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
If they bring out another update today hope the 3 new tables are not taken away for the people who have the season 4 pass

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
If they bring out another update today hope the 3 new tables are not taken away for the people who have the season 4 pass

I don't think they will get another patch out for another few weeks. There was an on issue on PS3 back when TPA was fairly new where none of the DLC (I think they were at table pack 4) was showing up if playing in 720p. They quickly removed that patch and a new one was not applied until at least two weeks.

I think Sony is likely to just remove the patch for now, and the people that downloaded it will get to play the tables for free. I don't think they will be able to do anything else about it for now unless the issue is on Sony's end and it could be fixed without a patch (I think this is very doubtful.)

RJB

May 1, 2013
Personally I feel any table you've already bought on PS3 should be FREE on the PS4 anyway, basically like Zen Studios do with ZP2 (cross buy), if you've bought any of their tables on PS3 you can download them FREE of charge on the PS4, having already bought all of the table packs for TPA on PS3 I think it's a total con expecting people to pay for them again on PS4, sure they look a "little" better on PS4, but other than that are still full of bugs/glitches that never get fixed.

the classics

Jul 8, 2013
Too late ,after experiening the silent spinner in theater of magic and other bugs ,i thought redownloading it would solve the issue ,nope the free tables are gone

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
The unlocking of all content is a temporary glitch in the patch. It should be fixed soon but in the meantime, play those pinball tables! ;-)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The unlocking of all content is a temporary glitch in the patch. It should be fixed soon but in the meantime, play those pinball tables! ;-)
Any chance this glitch will be on PS3/Vita? ;) Also, any chance you guys have a timeframe on its release you would be willing to share?

U done this on purpose? Marketing tactics, then people will buy, very clever ha
A full test drive would be nice instead of playing to the first high score.

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Fire up Cirqus Voltaire for a nice surprise. ;)

After every patch that comes our way. Cirqus Voltaire is the table I go to first (my favorite table) and was shocked to see the various neon track lights. However, the menagerie ball is still the same color and does not match the track light. ... And that damn pesky box between the lamp and ramp on the left side of table is still there. Also the track track light on the right side of the table does not reflect off the left side like on the PS3 version. I think its time for revamp of the lighting options on all tables. Bloom magnitude control, upper/middle/lower playfield lighthing adjustment options and so on.

and having fun with those Season Four "advertisment" tables. :cool:

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I've just re installed the game and downloaded the patch and there's no content for free for me to play, if I select a table I've not bought it just says that it's no longer available or not for sale yet.
I can't believe that the game still has those old menus still and they still haven't got friends leaderboards working! Unbelievable.
No wonder I stopped playing it.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
working great for me,and the rumble what can i say,welcome to the jungle ,luv it !!!!:cool:

I´ve downloaded the new patch, but no rumble at all. How can I activate the rumble function?
By the way, the clith from the latest patch seems to be eleminated.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Personally I feel any table you've already bought on PS3 should be FREE on the PS4 anyway, basically like Zen Studios do with ZP2 (cross buy), if you've bought any of their tables on PS3 you can download them FREE of charge on the PS4, having already bought all of the table packs for TPA on PS3 I think it's a total con expecting people to pay for them again on PS4, sure they look a "little" better on PS4, but other than that are still full of bugs/glitches that never get fixed.

Yeah I now feel this way. Previously I had not been able to really see how the tables looked revamped on the PS4. Still have my PS3 too. I can't tell if they actually look any better on PS4. On PC, yes, differences noticed for sure. PS4 vs. PS3....very minor, if any changes on some/most tables from the first 2 seasons or so. Maybe this is just me?

So, I was initially excited because I own many of the tables on PS3 and wanted to check them out on PS4 before actually having to repurchase them (albeit at a discount) in order to play them on PS4.

But after looking at the older tables I had on PS3, now on PS4, I don't really see the graphics/lighting improvements that really justify any sort of price here. Kind of ridiculous. This really should be a cross buy unless they're serious about working on the gfx/lighting/sound like they do on the PC version (which I'm also not buying).

PS- Farsight- when paused, pressing the PS button causes the pause menu to disengage, and you end up losing the ball you had in play. Really? (edit- have now noticed that this bug appeared to occur on some tables but not others. Anyone else experience it?)

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I´ve downloaded the new patch, but no rumble at all. How can I activate the rumble function?

In the options menu, there's a rumble setting on/off.

If it still doesn't work, you have to activate the rumble in the controller settings. On PS3, it's: hold Home button > Controller settings > Rumble on/off, so it should be the same on PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.