The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
if i beat my high score in the tournament, does it count outside the tournament for HOF points?

if not then i'm reticent to play a tournament game and suddenly get an awesome score that i won't get points for.
does anyone know, is there somewhere where this is referred to?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
if i beat my high score in the tournament, does it count outside the tournament for HOF points?

if not then i'm reticent to play a tournament game and suddenly get an awesome score that i won't get points for.

I'm not sure but it definitely doesn't post high scores to the table's high score list in the main game.

N

netizen

in short, no

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Thanks sotie and netizen for your replies. Well that sucks.

Dear Farsight if you are reading this thread. This is a real shame, and if it could please be changed I'd really appreciate it. Surely my personal best score is linked to my user name so it should still count as my achievement whether i did it in a tournament or in zero gravity or standing on my head in a cannibal's cooking pot?

I don't know anything about how the system works so I won't make an idiot of myself by suggesting how you could do this fix, only suggest *why* you should do it: Imagine if an athlete broke a world record in the Olympics but wasn't allowed to list it as his personal best, would that make sense?

Thanks for reading this

azydy3yq.jpg

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
you also do not receive any table or wizard goals. Which is a shame because I think I pulled off a few wizard goals that I've never achieved before on a couple tables. Of course there isn't much point in playing them outside of the tournament if you are looking to maximize best score opportunities in the competition.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012

The last tournament in February was when I think I started to get a lot of tables and nudging. I think I set PRs on 6 of the 8 tables (then later broke them). Don't worry about high scores and goals. Just play, nothing to lose playing a table.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
If it comes down to removing/altering Raul Julia's likeness out of the machine, replacing it with an artists rendition of perhaps the original Addams Family actor (don't know his name), and simply re-recording the voices, then I'm sure Farsight will go that route. Slightly altered Addams Family is better than no Addams Family, and in my opinion, it's coming and I think it will be final Pinball Arcade table released.

And, although un-official, fans will hack in the official artwork and voice into the PC version in like, two seconds ;)

IMHO there is no way Williams will allow these changes. If that is the only choice, they just won't license the table. But fear not, has its been mentioned, because this is more or less an extension Of an existing license, I predict the Julia estate won't get in the way... Eventually.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Man, those orbits in Cactus Canyon can go and do unrealistic things somewhere else for an hour.

I am about to invent all new strings of swear words in lieu of doing physical damage to my tablet. The next time the ball comes out of the orbit, at speed, and goes directly into the slingshot, or SDTM, I think I will delete the res file and decide that the game isn't worth playing until that particular bug is fixed. This is so much worse and more frequent than AFM ever was.

Is my playing style that much different than everyone else's that I am getting bit by this so often?

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Man, those orbits in Cactus Canyon can go and do unrealistic things somewhere else for an hour.

I am about to invent all new strings of swear words in lieu of doing physical damage to my tablet. The next time the ball comes out of the orbit, at speed, and goes directly into the slingshot, or SDTM, I think I will delete the res file and decide that the game isn't worth playing until that particular bug is fixed. This is so much worse and more frequent than AFM ever was.

Is my playing style that much different than everyone else's that I am getting bit by this so often?
I have this issue a lot in CC as well. It's much more frequent and frustrating than the AFM orbit bug was. I think it makes the table much harder than it should be. But, it's a good way to practice your quick nudging skills!

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Hey Pin*Wiz, weren't you just about to release the schedule of re-worked tables with emulation a while back?

I can understand if there's reasons why you can't list them, but I'm just wondering if you forgot :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hey Pin*Wiz, weren't you just about to release the schedule of re-worked tables with emulation a while back?

I can understand if there's reasons why you can't list them, but I'm just wondering if you forgot :D

Schedule? Refresh my memory please. :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Now that the Star Trek balls are released on psn, is farsight going to send codes to unlock this to the kickstarter backers who have pledged $30 and above?

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
If it comes down to removing/altering Raul Julia's likeness out of the machine, replacing it with an artists rendition of perhaps the original Addams Family actor (don't know his name), and simply re-recording the voices, then I'm sure Farsight will go that route. Slightly altered Addams Family is better than no Addams Family, and in my opinion, it's coming and I think it will be final Pinball Arcade table released.

And, although un-official, fans will hack in the official artwork and voice into the PC version in like, two seconds ;)

That'd be a deal breaker for me, actually. Julia's audio absolutely makes the table for me. I would've give two bits about it otherwise.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Addams Family should be made authentic or not at all. Also all of FS' contracts stipulate that they have to make the tables just like the production models with no mods. So they might not allow changing the artwork and voice.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts