The PS3 "super patch"

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Any EU player could help you with comparing that old version with the new one...:rolleyes: Talk about turning a negative into a positive hahaha.
LOL, very true. :)

So yeah, maybe if others with the patched TPA have questions they can run it by the EU peeps. I'm sure I'll have a few questions. I need to try and play it some more tonight.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Has the right orbit bug on Attack from Mars been fixed in the patch?
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-patch-quot?p=123885&viewfull=1#post123885
This is one that I find particularly annoying.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but one thing I notice myself on Twilight Zone playing the non-patch version: when you shoot a ball into the Camera, it sometimes goes upwards into the invisible area and doesn't get into the camera (kinda hard to explain for me, sorry). It will get spewed out from the slot machine though. I think it enters a hole used for the gumball machine (the one where the ball from the gumball machine gets pushed in, not the one where you enter the gumball machine, as gumball machine doesn't actually advance. On the real version of Twilight Zone that I used to play, I've never seen that happen, while I get it constantly in TPA. I think it may be caused by an optional spacer not being there. I've seen it discussed on the forum before. I was wondering if this behaviour was removed or not. Not too much of a problem for me, but I would get even better highscores on the table if it was changed :)

Edit: 2 other bugs I thought of: Terminator 2: ball passing through the skull, Scared Stiff: ball passing through the crate.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Any EU player could help you with comparing that old version with the new one...:rolleyes: Talk about turning a negative into a positive hahaha.

YES!! Please, someone from EU that has the capability of capturing screen shots, do so. It would be fantastic to be able to put up side by sides of old vs. new so we can easily see what has changed graphically.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Cool, yeah great keep on with the whining and griping. We love it. Man logging into the forum and reading 3 pages a day of misplaced frustration and whining is a real joy.

Post your opinion all you want, but the continual complaining over something that NOBODY here or at FS has any control over, is nothing more than a waste of time and bandwidth. What's the point? What part of SONY IS HOLDING THE PATCH UP do you not understand? It's *****ing for the sake of *****ing, and it's directed at the wrong people. Get it?

Is it speeding up the process? NO.

If it's THAT big of a deal, do what several others have done and get a US account. Jeez. Holy cow it's a pinball game, not a life-requirement.

Talk about whining and griping. Jeez.

Never fear my European friends, the Update will be here in no time! :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Did U mention the animated DMD on MB, NGG and MM? The back glass DMD on these tables is now animated.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
With the release of this megapatch FS can attempt to fix little issues found in the PS3 tables with no problem now, right?

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Also could this also include the table exploration mode:
9. Option to remove HUD when table is in "pre-play" panning attract mode.

Doesnt pressing triangle remove the DMD during table exploration in Pro Mode? I don't remember...

I just tried pressing the triangle button while in exploration mode and it exits to the pro menu, the same as what the circle button does (This also happens on the Vita)
The 'O - Back' on this screen also needs to be hidden, as it's really in the way

Also on the Vita sometimes the camera/pause icon in the corner stays on the exploration screen.
I wish there was a way to hide this in-game and a way to stop it popping up on the PS3 (maybe with activation of the button-lock, see below)

Another thing that bugs me is that I'm forever changing the DMD/camera settings by accident, could the unused Select button be used to activate a lock mode to disable the square, triangle and circle buttons in-game (and maybe a button-lock option added to the option screen/s)

Last edited:

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Talk about whining and griping. Jeez.

Never fear my European friends, the Update will be here in no time! :)
Exactly, thanks DokkenRokken for understanding! :) I think some people that already have the superpatch are more frustrated than your European friends. ;-)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I have noticed that 2 major negatives were the toned down/darker color of "Twilight Zone" and "Cactus Canyon". I have no idea why they darkened both tables, esp TZ, which now looks terrible.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
So what are the odds that EU gets shafted again tomorrow? For all the talk about Europeans being impatient, I'd like to see what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot and Europe had patches/DLC first and the US was forced to wait for an undisclosed amount of time.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So what are the odds that EU gets shafted again tomorrow?

I don't bet too much on tonight/tomorrow, the "next week" from Jawad Ashraf sounds pretty "generic". And when he adds "check to be sure, though", it implies even more that he just knows anything about the release. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I will check this late night. :p

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Just a thought, but if the patch makes it so that each and every table needs to be redownloaded (both on PS3 and Vita), then maybe the patch won't roll out until the content is (hopefully), available later this afternoon?

Otherwise it would just make everyone's games unplayable surely?

omisnad

Feb 22, 2014
I don't bet too much on tonight/tomorrow, the "next week" from Jawad Ashraf sounds pretty "generic". And when he adds "check to be sure, though", it implies even more that he just knows anything about the release. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I will check this late night. :p

Like I said previously it Is the exact same generic reply Jawad has used in the past and it means nothing. Could be months or in some instances the content has never been released. So don't be expecting anything today either. His generic response today will be that 'he will look into it...'. Next week it'll be 'I have no information at this time'. Then following week onwards he will just ignore queries. It all far too familiar.

... All that said I hope this is one of the few times Jawad knows what he is talking about, but knowing scee ability (or lack there of) to simultatiously update 2 titles and 40+ dlc items ....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts