The PS3 "super patch"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
They only have like 9 platforms to develop for. Why does everything take so long?

It'll be here before you know it, and it's worth the wait.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Well nothing this week, fingers crossed this is our last week to wait. :)

Store updates on Wednesday in Europe. Not sure when the patch gets uploaded, but there has been no official confirmation on whether the packs are coming or not yet.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Store updates on Wednesday in Europe. Not sure when the patch gets uploaded, but there has been no official confirmation on whether the packs are coming or not yet.

Maybe, but my money is on Firefox2000 being spot on, I think any patch would have been up by now if the DLC was due out today, my guess is it will be another delay, I just don't think we are considered important enough in UK/Europe, they simply don't give a toss now they have all our money, sad but true.

They can't even be a**ed to release the latest tables on the PS4 version, totally useless IMO.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
They can't even be a**ed to release the latest tables on the PS4 version, totally useless IMO.

It's not that "They can't even be a**ed", it's to do with the exclusivity deal that they've entered into with Microsoft to enable them to release The Pinball Arcade late on the Xbox One, as opposed to the usual day and date simultaneous release that M$ usually hold devs to.

So instead, Xbox One will be getting Season 1 and 2 tables when TPA releases on Xbox One, possibly in June, and then only once 30 days or so have passed, will you see the rest of these tables released on PS4.

At least, that's what I've gathered from reading these forums.

When it comes to the patch for the PS3/Vita, I'm still of the belief that a patch that forces you to redownload tables, can't go live until said tables are there to get, otherwise it will effectively break the game for everyone, so I'm just going to sit tight and see what today's PSN update brings, rather than decree that we're simply not important enough.

Also, they don't "have all our money", if they did, we would have to have somehow pre-paid them for every table they're ever going to release.

There are more tables to come, which we haven't bought yet, therefore they can't possibly have all of your money, so it is still in their best interest to continue to release content in PAL territories.

Last edited:

RJB

May 1, 2013
It's not that "They can't even be a**ed", it's to do with the exclusivity deal that they've entered into with Microsoft to enable them to release The Pinball Arcade late on the Xbox One, as opposed to the usual day and date simultaneous release that M$ usually hold devs to.

So instead, Xbox One will be getting Season 1 and 2 tables when TPA releases on Xbox One, possibly in June, and then only once 30 days or so have passed, will you see the rest of these tables released on PS4.

At least, that's what I've gathered from reading these forums.

When it comes to the patch for the PS3/Vita, I'm still of the belief that a patch that forces you to redownload tables, can't go live until said tables are there to get, otherwise it will effectively break the game for everyone, so I'm just going to sit tight and see what today's PSN update brings, rather than decree that we're simply not important enough.

Also, they don't "have all our money", if they did, we would have to have somehow pre-paid them for every table they're ever going to release.

There are more tables to come, which we haven't bought yet, therefore they can't possibly have all of your money, so it is still in their best interest to continue to release content in PAL territories.

Not going to argue with you, if your satisfied with how things are then I respect your opinion, however I am not, as someone who's bought every table released for both the PS3/PS4 I'm simply not at all happy with the total lack of customer care, to be waiting this long for the patch (already released a month ago in US) is pretty near unforgiveable in my eyes, as for the tables on PS4, the US got two new ones last week for the PS4 so why do we get left out as usual once again in the UK/Europe.

I've spent loads of money buying all the tables for PS3/PS4, so I feel I'm totally in my rights to expect far better from a company that I've supported since day one, period.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Playstation blog update, no TPA. But I kind of expected that as Farsight already said it could be next week. I hope this huge delay is unique to the patch, because even I'm getting a bit tired of Sony messing us around. European PS3 players are half a season behind. That's five months.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
@PJB:

I'm in the same boat as you, believe me, I have all tables across both seasons, all pro, all Kickstarted tables, all ball skins etc, cross-bought over PS3 and Vita, and I agree that the lack of communication from Farsight at times can be frustrating, but at the end of the day, the fault lies with SCEE.

That being the case, I can't agree that you're totally within your rights to expect better from Farsight, as their hands are tied in this situation. They have submitted the content, and the patch, to SCEE the same time that they did to SCEA, and SCEE are just dragging their heels and trotting out the same corporate response when questioned about it on their blog.

And sadly, it has come to pass that there is no TPA today, and for some reason, I can't post on the blog to ask Jawad about it, not that it would help any.

On the plus side, there are FOUR Zen Pinball Star Wars tables released today for the price of three (£7.99), and others are on sale, so that's nice!

So yes, I share your frustration, I just feel that your anger and sense of entitlement may be slightly misplaced.

Happy pinballing!

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Playstation blog update, no TPA. But I kind of expected that as Farsight already said it could be next week. I hope this huge delay is unique to the patch, because even I'm getting a bit tired of Sony messing us around. European PS3 players are half a season behind. That's five months.

Half a season compared to iOS I assume you mean?

PS3 has always been behind iOS, we're only 2 tables behind American PS3 owners.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Playstation blog update, no TPA. But I kind of expected that as Farsight already said it could be next week.

I wouldn't rely on FS statement, as it sounds as generic as Jawad ones.

"The patch will be released next week. Or the week after. Or the week after. Or maybe the week after."

For the moment:

desert.png

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Half a season compared to iOS I assume you mean?

PS3 has always been behind iOS, we're only 2 tables behind American PS3 owners.

Yes, that is what I meant.

On the plus side, there are FOUR Zen Pinball Star Wars tables released today for the price of three (£7.99), and others are on sale, so that's nice!

In my mind the first two Star Wars packs were three for the price of four. All their previous packs were four-tables for £8 :p

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^With PBA being on the back burner for me until the patch comes out, i have been enjoying ZP2, and the new Star wars tables are top notch, and four tables for £7.99 is a steal, lots of fun to be had on them, cracking tables.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
FWIW, over on NeoGAF one of the community guys from FS said that the patch was submitted at the same time for both US and Euro PSN stores. So any delays are 100% due to the EU PSN people being completely naff at approving/releasing anything.

At least it's not on FS :)

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Yes. We submit the updated to Sony US and EU at the same time. If things go how they are supposed to, the SCEE release is one day after the SCEA release. Seems SCEE is very understaffed because the turnaround for any request is like weeks or even longer. Sucks big time!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
That's all we (I?) were wanting to hear, apologies if it sounded like we were asking about something else! Thanks for the response :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts