The PS3 "super patch"

RJB

May 1, 2013
Just about had enough of this delay now, simply not good enough and a huge kick in the teeth of every customer in UK/Europe, one or two week delay would have been bad enough, but what are we up to now a month or more, terrible, as someone who purchased every table on PS3/PS4 I am not at all happy, can blame Sony as much as you like but IMO Farsight should have made sure we all got the patch at the same time, we've all paid out hard earned cash for their tables and should be treated the same.

Also, what a surprise, yet another major kick in the teeth today we in the UK/Europe don't even get the newly released PS4 tables either, totally useless, for a company I've supported since day one I am very angry/frustrated with this lack of customer care.:mad:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Just about had enough of this delay now, simply not good enough and a huge kick in the teeth of every customer in UK/Europe, one or two week delay would have been bad enough, but what are we up to now a month or more, terrible, as someone who purchased every table on PS3/PS4 I am not at all happy, can blame Sony as much as you like but IMO Farsight should have made sure we all got the patch at the same time, we've all paid out hard earned cash for their tables and should be treated the same.

Also, what a surprise, yet another major kick in the teeth today we in the UK/Europe don't even get the newly released PS4 tables either, totally useless, for a company I've supported since day one I am very angry/frustrated with this lack of customer care.:mad:

Even if they could what good would it do for FarSight to hold back the DLC for a region?

But, it doesn't even matter because FarSight can't hold back the NA DLC to match the EU DLC because they don't know when Sony EU is going to release it.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Even if they could what good would it do for FarSight to hold back the DLC for a region?

But, it doesn't even matter because FarSight can't hold back the NA DLC to match the EU DLC because they don't know when Sony EU is going to release it.

As I said I just feel many would feel better if we all felt we were being treated the same way, we are all customers who have spent hard earned cash in supporting Farsight and personally I just feel totally let down, it's as if Farsight don't give a toss about customers in UK/Europe, I'm sure if they had wanted to they could have asked Sony to release it at the very least around the same time, but this is now getting ridiculous and they are really taking the p*ss.

Maybe if things were the other way around you'd share my frustration and feel a similar way.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
As I said I just feel many would feel better if we all felt we were being treated the same way, we are all customers who have spent hard earned cash in supporting Farsight and personally I just feel totally let down, it's as if Farsight don't give a toss about customers in UK/Europe, I'm sure if they had wanted to they could have asked Sony to release it at the very least around the same time, but this is now getting ridiculous and they are really taking the p*ss.

Maybe if things were the other way around you'd share my frustration and feel a similar way.

FarSight is treating us all the same. This is the same argument that people were making two years ago when it became obvious that the mobile platforms were going to be getting the tables at least a month before the consoles. People wanted the mobile versions held back until the console versions would be going live. FarSight isn't EA. They don't get a dedicated Sony rep that will coordinate a world wide release date. EA is big enough that they have Sony sign a contract to keep them to a date.

FarSight decided from the beginning that it would be platform neutral. They would develop the game and DLC for all viable platforms, submit them when they were ready and release them when they are approved. Like it or not Sony Europe is it's own sub platform with its own approval process and its own release schedule. Things are as they should be in a platform neutral world. I'm not just saying that because NA is getting it before EU. You can know this because I was never one to complain about the mobiles getting it before the consoles. I didn't complain when Asia got Everybody's Golf 5 eight months before NA. I just ordered the disc from a store in Hong Kong! :D

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

It's a lack of communication and managing expectations. FS is crap at both of them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The over riding point is, FS is not holding back the release of the EU version. Sony NA and Sony EU don't coordinate their schedules, both received the submission from FS at the same time. It is out of FarSight's hands after that.

As Brakel pointed out, PS3 isn't in sync with the mobile or PC release either. Does that frustrate me? Sure, but I've long since made peace with that. Arguing that "spending hard earned cash" deserves equal release schedules was never in the purchasing agreement. There have been plenty of times where something I was looking forward to purchasing was not available on my side of the country until 2 weeks after the other side had it. There is a toy my boy collects that gets released in Australia months before it ever makes it stateside. The commonality is they are all smaller companies.

So again, it's okay to be frustrated with the situation, but it us out if FarSight's control to force Sony to do anything more. All frustration over the current delay should lie solely with Sony EU.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
While I agree that farsights communication is lackluster, some of these posts are just wastes of space. If you are so frustrated get a us account any get that version and tell SCEE to screw.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I've got a US account and purchased the US version and the first few packs before the EU version came out.. Sorry for venting but it is really frustrating. That's the last of it from me, promise!;)

pcraenme

Jun 18, 2013
Time to move on! There are a lot of other pinball games out there to enjoy I can spend my euros on. I will still be getting season 3 tables on PC/Steam and iOS because I bought season passes on both platforms, but that will be the last euro I spend on TPA.

I have also wanted to buy seasons 1 & 2 on PC/Steam, but they are still asking full price on these, especially in the EU. I already paid full price on all these tables on iOS and PS3! But.. probably SCEE is also to blame here? I wonder which company did get all of my money? Farsight or Sony?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Freaking American capitalist scum! Actually charging for each release on each platform! The gall of FarSight and all of their capitalist scum employees that want to get a new pram for the baby! They're all soft!

--note-- that was just sarcasm and satire. I'm all for the good employees of FarSight getting a new pram for the baby. :D

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The over riding point is, FS is not holding back the release of the EU version. Sony NA and Sony EU don't coordinate their schedules, both received the submission from FS at the same time. It is out of FarSight's hands after that.

As Brakel pointed out, PS3 isn't in sync with the mobile or PC release either. Does that frustrate me? Sure, but I've long since made peace with that. Arguing that "spending hard earned cash" deserves equal release schedules was never in the purchasing agreement. There have been plenty of times where something I was looking forward to purchasing was not available on my side of the country until 2 weeks after the other side had it. There is a toy my boy collects that gets released in Australia months before it ever makes it stateside. The commonality is they are all smaller companies.

So again, it's okay to be frustrated with the situation, but it us out if FarSight's control to force Sony to do anything more. All frustration over the current delay should lie solely with Sony EU.
I would just like to hear FS say "The EU process for some reason has taken far longer than the US one", or "We needed to resubmit the release for EU because of X, Y and Z". Surely they'd have an ETA on when it'll come out when submitting, I doubt Sony would leave developers in the dark about when something they've created is selling on their store (but then again... perhaps Sony EU is absolutely shocking in that regard, I don't know).

PS. What's the toy in Australia your son collects? I'd be happy to sort something out for you if you'd like (via PM or whatever).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I would just like to hear FS say "The EU process for some reason has taken far longer than the US one", or "We needed to resubmit the release for EU because of X, Y and Z". Surely they'd have an ETA on when it'll come out when submitting, I doubt Sony would leave developers in the dark about when something they've created is selling on their store (but then again... perhaps Sony EU is absolutely shocking in that regard, I don't know).

PS. What's the toy in Australia your son collects? I'd be happy to sort something out for you if you'd like (via PM or whatever).

Where have you been for the last two years. If anything being a fan of TPA for the last two years has opened my eyes to publishing on the PS3 by a small, self publishing dev. FarSight rarely knows exactly when something they submit will hit the store. They have one Sony rep in NA that they rely on for information. That rep has lots of companies that they represent at Sony. Something happened last year. A new rep? Just a new attitude? Not sure but FarSight finally started getting better information from Sony NA. That hasn't happened in EU yet. So despite your doubt, yes, the Sony reps often keep the little devs and publishers in the dark.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I haven't had much of a vested interest in PS3 until little features get spread across different platforms. My curiosity stems from seeing a number of games release on Vita simultaneously across regions, but perhaps the "getting titles released" team at Sony is different to the "approving patches and releasing dlc" team. I've not paid much attention to how previous updates to TPA on PS3 have fared across regions. If there's been a similar delay with literally all TPA PS3 updates, I'll just pony up for a pack or two on the US one and go from there.

At least then I wouldn't be subject to the hellish conversion rate to AUD that seems to plague TPA more than any other title.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

He collects "The Trash Pack", which is made by Moose, and Aussie company. They get released in series, up to 5 or 6 now. He usually starts seeing package opening vids a solid 3-4 months before they arrive in our local toy stores.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't had much of a vested interest in PS3 until little features get spread across different platforms. My curiosity stems from seeing a number of games release on Vita simultaneously across regions, but perhaps the "getting titles released" team at Sony is different to the "approving patches and releasing dlc" team. I've not paid much attention to how previous updates to TPA on PS3 have fared across regions. If there's been a similar delay with literally all TPA PS3 updates, I'll just pony up for a pack or two on the US one and go from there.

At least then I wouldn't be subject to the hellish conversion rate to AUD that seems to plague TPA more than any other title.

It could also be that some reps are better at greasing the wheels than others. Probably some are good and proud of the work that they do and others are just going through the motions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts