The Random Thought Thread

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Dear Wolfson!
All the best for you in 2019! (and for all of our Folks)
Love and health are the most important wishes.
Actually, I´m in my special "nana-land", too, cause of too much peated single malts, yesterday.:p
Pain in Guliver...:mad:

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Dear coach Franklin, just go for it 4th down, eh? Then when you get the ball back with 1s left, you at least have a shot at the endzone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I had a big laugh yesterday , as Nona Pelosi was sworn in , I noticed the Democrats looked like people from different backgrounds , religion and gender , then I looked at the Republican side and I was bowled over ,apart from a couple of women , the rest looked like the kkk , old white pricks . what a disgrace closing down the jobs in the Government , if the Australian Government tried to close down jobs , which would never happen ,every Aussie would go on strike pronto .:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Politics is a spectator sport here in the USA. We elect a bunch of fools and sit back and enjoy the show.

I wouldn't necessarily call it 'enjoy', but you are correct. It is now treated like an episode of a reality show only nobody is getting voted off, which is the rude awakening to those in the voting public.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I wouldn't necessarily call it 'enjoy', but you are correct. It is now treated like an episode of a reality show only nobody is getting voted off, which is the rude awakening to those in the voting public.

Amen. In my state gerrymandering (sp) has completely ruined the last bit of integrity at the state level. And as far as national politics go, I have plenty of reactions but for sure, I don't enjoy this show at all. It's supposed to represent the voters. That ended some time ago, and I have hope that someday again the voters can shape the government as opposed to what is going on these days.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Politics is a spectator sport here in the USA. We elect a bunch of fools and sit back and enjoy the show.

Bit like Brexit the last few years in the UK. Apart from one mention by Jeremy Corbyn its taken most of Christmas and New Year off (other than a story about dredging at Felixstowe). Drama (The Uncivil War) about it on channel 4 on Monday, and Parliament returns day after presumably with Brexit still the top 5 subjects to debate.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I feel so good here in Australia , the boofheads are out of the picture in all the news , this time of year it`s cricket , tennis and football and throw in a fire , cyclone a flood and the hot weather . oops the Prime Minister donated $27 million to the Pink Lady Nurses who provide home care for breast cancer patients . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my mates in the USA , I hope none of you are caught in this shutdown . I can`t understand how a government can close down jobs , things need to change . we might have backstabbed 4 Prime Ministers in last 10 years , but government carries on . if our government did this crap ,everyone would go on strike . this is my opinion only , USA needs to get rid of lobbyist , give everyone public health care , lower pharmaceutical prices . can the Republican Party change from looking like a kkk mob , to add some Women , people of colour and Religion hahahaha !!!!:cool:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Sit back and enjoy it only gets better. :)
But seriously give him his 5billion. Two years from now he will be gone. The way the government works it will two years to start the the wall. The next president came pull the money and shut it down.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I read an interesting statistic, one I didn't bother noting the exact details of but I can give you the broad strokes at least, in that most illegal immigrants come via airplane and not boarder hopping. Now when I say most, I'm talking well over 60% if not more according to what was written. Anyway, the notion was that most people that are here illegally are due to expired work visas, visitors, etc, and they flew into the country and then never left. So here's the irony...government gets shut down in part because a wall (that was planted in the Cheetoh's head as a way to remember to talk about immigration during campaign speeches not as an actual policy) that won't even stem the tide of how most illegals enter isn't being given funding, only for all the TSA and airport personnel to not get paid and stage sick-outs which in turn makes the primary way of entry even more porous. Genius!

This is a massive game of chicken getting played here, and if both sides truly knew the stakes that'd be one thing. Unfortunately the orange one doesn't, as has been reported by various sources in the know.

What it reminds me of is a period of time where I was watching a lot of poker on TV and was playing with a group of friends a lot. My wife wanted to learn how to play, so I sat down and taught her the basics and then proceeded to think I'd just school her while we played. Unfortunately she didn't understand that poker is not about playing the cards in your hand. To that end, she played every hand to the river regardless of what kind of bet I tried to scare her off with. She just plain never folded. While eventually I did win in total, it was excruciating because she wasn't playing the way anyone in the know would. Tactics, strategies, all went right out the window because now we were playing according to the cards held, and that's not poker.

Drumpf isn't playing by any set of rules but his own, and he's making them up as he goes. The scariest part is some that do know the rules are looking to adapt his naive tactics into theirs. So while I would say the easy solution is to give him the go ahead right now and let him win the battle but not the war, anyone who has ever tried to play with a child who constantly changes the rules of the game in fits of "not fair" knows that the end result is a destroyed game. Every country plays by more or less the same rules, but if the USA flips the board into the air over something like this (remember, Mexico was promised to pay but that rule got changed) the end result might be even worse for the world.

I say it over and over, this isn't a Democrat vs Republican thing. Republican leadership is just as shocked by Spray Tan's actions as anyone, but they figure they can weather the storm like those in a hurricane's path that refuse to evacuate. They're so concerned the Democrats will loot everything in their absence, that they'll risk everything figuring it's better to lose to the hurricane than to live with the idea that someone else gained off their concerns for safety.

Okay, that's way too many analogies on my part.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The poker analogy is interesting.

It can also be applied to another card game, namely bridge. If a novice makes an error, it's just put down to them being a novice who's not been listening to their teacher or who is just plain inexperienced. If a top-level international player with decades of experience and full knowledge of all the percentages makes the same error, he and his partner might be accused of cheating because they're "deliberately" playing against the odds, so they must know something they're not supposed to know....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
nicely put fellas , all I want is for the workers to be able to go back to work . the orange man has no empathy for anyone ,he went bankrupt 6 times and was saved by his old mans millions , he doesn`t understand living pay packet to pay packet .

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
He didn't though. Neither did his administration. That nugget of wisdom came from the Coast Guard themselves. There are plenty of atrocious quotes that can be rightfully attributed to him.

What's arguably more disturbing here is that the division of the Coast Guard in charge of giving such stunning financial advice to low income Guard members is also in charge of helping them with mental health issues.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thank you for the correction. Sometimes when I hear idiotic statements I immediately just log them as his, and that’s on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.