timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Oh i don't know, in a decades time i imagine mobile device will be as powerful as a high end PC, even more so, which is something to look forward to, plus connectivity will be almost 100% on all and every device, just throw your mobile game onto any display screen or surface of the time, i think will be the norm, as will super fast networks, that will make our present networks look like they were two cans with some string tied between them.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
No I mean consoles come first meaning that Farsight is more focused on them than pc at this current time
Hence why we have no dx 11 update yet

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
I am sure it will come, i think we waited what, a year for the super patch on the PS3.

I am looking forward to the DX stuff though, will be brilliant, hope it helps me get better scores.:D

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
In a decade there will be nothing left in the gaming industry but mobile games. And we will soon all convert to mobile games, all of us.

In a decade, mobile phones will be more powerful than current consoles and you will just be able to plug them into any TV. You will be able to take all your games, movies, and music with you everywhere you go. You may not even have a PC anymore. You might just plug your phone into a docking station at home and work and take your "PC" with you everywhere.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
No I mean consoles come first meaning that Farsight is more focused on them than pc at this current time
Hence why we have no dx 11 update yet

Except PC gets tables first and actually has decent sound quality, unlike the PS4 version.

So no, consoles aren't coming first, not by a long shot.

The Xbox One build is coming before DX11 that is true, purely because both platforms use DX11. It makes perfect sense to build the new engine on Xbox One first (a side effect being that it will be optimised to work on a fairly weak CPU by PC standards), then port to PC.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
In a decade, mobile phones will be more powerful than current consoles and you will just be able to plug them into any TV. You will be able to take all your games, movies, and music with you everywhere you go. You may not even have a PC anymore. You might just plug your phone into a docking station at home and work and take your "PC" with you everywhere.

This probably won't actually happen as long as PC developers actually keep using up the amount of computing power you get from desktops. The difference between mobile devices and desktops will narrow (in some senses as in pure cpu cycles, but that's not all that meaningful these days), but not nearly enough to actually allow for this to happen in the timeline you're suggesting. I mean comparing computing power to current consoles in a decade is pretty meaningless since the current consoles don't have all that much to begin with.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
They keep talking about how mobiles are close to last-gen consoles, but not a single game has actually shown this to be true. The only "actual" games I have seen ported are Dreamcast games, many times less than Xbox 360/PS3.

Battery technology is still lagging much too far behind for them to push mobile versions, not to mention crappy touch/motion controls. You need to be able to game on your phone AND still have the battery last all day. Its why I still prefer a separate handheld device for gaming so that it has proper controls and if the battery runs out its no big deal as my phone still works.

Ideally I think are these devices that have a phone dock into a tablet that can adapter into a full laptop. Each level adding more batteries so when in phone mode its not running flat. The problem is every attempt so far has failed to find a big market and unless EVERYONE has it then we are still limited by what most people have.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Tablets are making up ground. iPhone 5s 64-bit architecture chip. The Vita has early PS3 game quality graphics.

The gap is narrowing, and I feel that the market will dictate more development for tablets.

Like the super patch, dx11 will be here before you know it. I predict shortly after the Xbox 360 go live.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
fsight.jpg

R

Rhandos

How will the departure of one programmer (and the rumored departure of another one a mod mentioned earlier) affect the development? Were they involved in this project?

This question is mainly for Mike or someone in the know. No speculations/rants please for the love of all that is holy.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Lol, that was a few years ago. Nowadays, mobiles always come first. Everything else comes latter, including consoles.

Farsight specializes in mobile games, a far more interesting market. In a decade there will be nothing left in the gaming industry but mobile games. And we will soon all convert to mobile games, all of us.

Oh i don't know, in a decades time i imagine mobile device will be as powerful as a high end PC, even more so, which is something to look forward to, plus connectivity will be almost 100% on all and every device, just throw your mobile game onto any display screen or surface of the time, i think will be the norm, as will super fast networks, that will make our present networks look like they were two cans with some string tied between them.

Tablets are making up ground. iPhone 5s 64-bit architecture chip. The Vita has early PS3 game quality graphics.

The gap is narrowing, and I feel that the market will dictate more development for tablets.

Like the super patch, dx11 will be here before you know it. I predict shortly after the Xbox 360 go live.
All four of these at once.

Every time mobile technology improves pc technology improves. Unless they start making mobile phones the size of computer chassis there is no way mobile components can accommodate as many transistors or as much circuitry or the amount of heat dissipation or as high a supply of power as a pc.

not to mention that things like serious video and sound and photo editing driven by major industries profit from large super high definition monitors and the extra power provided by such machines.
How will the departure of one programmer (and the rumored departure of another one a mod mentioned earlier) affect the development? Were they involved in this project?

This question is mainly for Mike or someone in the know. No speculations/rants please for the love of all that is holy.
jobs that those employees were doing will now have to be done by resources who were potentially working or planned to work on dx11. they will be stretched a little thinner until they can get new employees up to speed. Not a huge leap of logic here.

p6800

May 17, 2013
What would be the harm in releasing some pictures from the dx11 work in progress pc build? It would make lots of people happy and calm the cynics.

Take a note from the pro pinball page. When pictures and clips were released, everyone was droling.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Just look at the ps4 or newly released xbone images. Thats exactly what it will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts