timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Handhelds followed by consoles would be the financial priority for FarSight but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll get there first. Mobile and PC platforms are much more streamline for publishing where as consoles have a lot more checks and scrutiny that really holds up the process.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
By the way, I hope you guys won't replace DX9 in the process of adding DX11 into the PC version. Maybe treat it as an add-on for higher-end computers.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
By the way, I hope you guys won't replace DX9 in the process of adding DX11 into the PC version. Maybe treat it as an add-on for higher-end computers.

Confirmed long time ago. DX11 will be an option in the configuration utility. You have the choice.

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
Yesterday i was playing Far Cry 3 on high setting with DX9 and later on DX11 with the same graphic settings and i didn't see any difference at all.I hope this all waiting will eventually pays off.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The difference won't be because it's DX11. It will be because it uses an entirely different lighting engine. This tech runs faster on DX11 and requires newer more power GPU's so thats why it's being implemented in DX11. Also it's easier to port from Xbox One since it also uses DX11.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yesterday i was playing Far Cry 3 on high setting with DX9 and later on DX11 with the same graphic settings and i didn't see any difference at all.I hope this all waiting will eventually pays off.

Take a look at the PS4 screenshots for TPA and compare them to the PC version. While the PS4 does not run DX, that gives you an idea of what the DX11 version will look like.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
The difference won't be because it's DX11. It will be because it uses an entirely different lighting engine. This tech runs faster on DX11 and requires newer more power GPU's so thats why it's being implemented in DX11. Also it's easier to port from Xbox One since it also uses DX11.

Does the introduction of DX12, announced by MSFT in March, bring any changes to The Pinball Arcade?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
At this point I don't think so. No plans to do DX12 currently. That may change in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply Mike.

A little off topic: I downloaded a graphics update to my Radeon 7700 GPU yesterday. When I just opened and played a game of F2K, all the graphics seems remarkably sharper to me. I was scrolling through TPA tables and the background art for each table in the menu jumped out at me, is that true or am I seeing things?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The latter happend to me when I changed the gamma value and disabled game mode in my TV setup. With low gamma or brightness the background art in the menu is almost invisible. I was quite surprised when it appeared all of a sudden. Maybe your new graphics driver has another default value or calibration for your display.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
It would be nice if we could get an update on dx11 for pc in the next newsletter
Little to no chance I know

Arrowhead

Feb 14, 2014
Engine programmer has been dealing with Xbox One and training new guys on Android/iOS.

CZx3J.gif

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I'll keep buying just to look at their imperfection, I let them desperately beg in attract mode, then I just switch them off.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Although I understand the frustration, please keep in mind their team resources are limited and new people need training before they can work 100%. Everyone who dealt with a new job or having new team members in their own teams probably knows it's a lot of investment you need to spend before getting the benefit. Comments like the above won't help in getting open communication from staff members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.