timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
You must be new here.

Hi,

I've been a fan since PHOF. :) and finally made the decision recently migrating all my TPA on PC due to horrid console delays.

I still like to see PC rival consoles, and to not be a reflection of what's already been released on the consoles. I would love to test out new lighting tech, features etc if we get the chance to.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,

I've been a fan since PHOF. :) and finally made the decision recently migrating all my TPA on PC due to horrid console delays.

I still like to see PC rival consoles, and to not be a reflection of what's already been released on the consoles. I would love to test out new lighting tech, features etc if we get the chance to.

Keep in mind, all these tables come to PC FIRST, even if the advanced lighting came to console first. :p

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Not what civilization wants. They always want more no matter what... or how... or what for.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
They might as well start building it on DX12 at this point, it will need to be for the Xbox One anyway won't it?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I still dream of dx11 becoming part of Season IV. I am thankful that I don't need dx11 to play The Pinball Arcade. Even without dx11 and it's fancy lightning, I have a heck of a good time playing The Pinball Arcade.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
They might as well start building it on DX12 at this point, it will need to be for the Xbox One anyway won't it?

The gains of going from DX11 to DX12 would not be nearly as significant as going from DX9 to DX11. I'd be highly surprised if TPA saw any DX12 development. Though I'm sure your post had plenty of Farsight staff going 'They're just never happy with ANYTHING, are they? D:'.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I still dream of dx11 becoming part of Season IV. I am thankful that I don't need dx11 to play The Pinball Arcade. Even without dx11 and it's fancy lightning, I have a heck of a good time playing The Pinball Arcade.

Sorry, but this has been mentioned a couple of times ...
When DX11 is out you can still play the game in DX9, if you want to.
So nothing will change for you, no matter if DX11 is available or not.

I thought, you recently bought a decent computer. So your PC should to be able to run the game in DX11. Chances are, you will also profit from DX11.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
I bet those series of 4 colored lights on Starship Troopers is going to look awesome in DX11

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
The gains of going from DX11 to DX12 would not be nearly as significant as going from DX9 to DX11. I'd be highly surprised if TPA saw any DX12 development. Though I'm sure your post had plenty of Farsight staff going 'They're just never happy with ANYTHING, are they? D:'.

I'm not sure that is true. DX12 is supposed to drastically reduce CPU overhead for rendering frames and allow proper multi-CPU core support.

For those of us like me running on a lowly quad-core Atom CPU, that could make quite a difference.

It runs fine under DX9 as it is, with all post processing off. I doubt it will work playable on DX11 but DX12 would be able to properly use all four cores. So depending on where the bottleneck is it could make a difference.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm not sure that is true. DX12 is supposed to drastically reduce CPU overhead for rendering frames and allow proper multi-CPU core support.

For those of us like me running on a lowly quad-core Atom CPU, that could make quite a difference.

It runs fine under DX9 as it is, with all post processing off. I doubt it will work playable on DX11 but DX12 would be able to properly use all four cores. So depending on where the bottleneck is it could make a difference.

DX12 is also not going to be supported by any operating system actually out right now so I don't see the point even talking about it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts