timeframe on dx11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I get noticeable lag when I play TPA with SweetFX. Which is why I need to see what DX11 looks like because I find the colours on the vanilla version to be too strong.

From time to time I was seeing lag. But I was always running TPA in Steam using Full Screen mode. It was weird ... lag would come and go. Some days would be fine, then it would lag and sometimes I could just back out of whatever table and go back in and it would correct and lag would go away. After TAF table update though, I was seeing more consistent lag. I read a forum post where someone suggested running in "Windowed" mode. So I switched and have no lag since. I am running Win8 on an AMD 6 core Phenom processor (probably 5 years old now but still kicking ass), 8 GB RAM, with a Nvidia GTX560. I posted before Christmas on TPA FB page asking if Vid cards would take a hit with the DirectX 11 update and FS replied back that there would be a slight hit but that I should be OK on my 560.

To make a short story long ... try running Sweet FX with TPA in Windowed mode. For me Windowed mode made all the difference in performance. I've got my desktop background color set to solid black and set the Task Bar to auto hide so I really don't notice that I'm playing in Windowed Mode at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that there is much of a difference between Sweet FX and the things that FS are doing with "their approach" to editing lighting effects with DirectX 11.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
So I hear there is confirmation that the DX11 lighting option will just be 3 light settings rather than sliders like in the Zaccaria mobile app. As the PS4 build at trade shows had sliders, a PC DX11 implementation must be doable surely. Why don't Farsight just get the sliders in and be done with it. We all know the dark mode won't be dark enough, and there will be more moaning so why not just knock this baby on the head and put in sliders!

It is just like the configurable camera option. Farsight said it is a massive change, and yet a chap at home built a generic solution to do it. This is not a dig at the developers - I am one myself and my employer puts untold pressures and unrealistic timescales on me to deliver new stuff on top of my regular commitments. It is a dig at 'the management' if anything to free up a developer to bring the PC build into the 21st century.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Not trying to be a dick or anything but how about we wait for the new lighting system before starting to get angry that it isn't good enough.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Not trying to be a dick or anything but how about we wait for the new lighting system before starting to get angry that it isn't good enough.

I am not angry but from comments already made about the Xbone and PS4 versions which have 3 settings this is too constrained, and myself and others want better. Sliders are in Zaccaria, they are in VP10 (created by the community). This is 2015, PCs are powerful enough, is it too much to ask for basic features in a product which I have pumped 100s of Euros into?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

It's going to happen anyway, may as well let folks get it out of their system.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It's going to happen anyway, may as well let folks get it out of their system.

Exactly :). I am sitting in a hotel room away from the family for a month so maybe I am unfairly targetting Farsight.

But seriously if the tech allows a slider to be added then my motto is do it now rather than later. The product will be more popular for it, positive vibes all round.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
reactions-monkey-joke-drums-drum-not-funny-punchline-rimshot.gif

:p;)

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
It is a dig at 'the management' if anything to free up a developer to bring the PC build into the 21st century.

Because DirectX 9c from 2004 is somehow not from the 21st century? Are you working from a different definition of 'the 21st Century' than most people?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Because DirectX 9c from 2004 is somehow not from the 21st century? Are you working from a different definition of 'the 21st Century' than most people?

I think his message was, that Farsights engine isn't state of the art.
And I agree with that. :)

technokid

Aug 8, 2013
Failed to start game files missing, when i choose DX11 any ideas if this is a april fools joke or is this real and just not working?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Failed to start game files missing, when i choose DX11 any ideas if this is a april fools joke or is this real and just not working?

Was just told it had to be added so that it could be beta tested. And no, it's not in the beta yet either.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Working on it now.

Unfortunately you can't modify the steam pages options without making it public, so for now that option won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts