TMNT Data East

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this. FS is it possible to do TMNT data east table on the arcade. I would love to see it and be able to play this one again. I've spent many of quarters on this one. Please talk about it in your next meeting. Ryan make it happen please. You know yof guys want to do this table.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
As big of a TMNT fan as I am, MAN, that table is awful. I feel the same about "Robocop"...huge fan, but another subpar table.

In any event, it would still be neat to see it get made. I use to play TMNT all the time in local Pizza Huts back in the day.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's alright. The flow is not bad but the fact that starting multiball depends on the spinning disc throwing the ball into drop targets makes the main goal of the game kind of random. Plus it's exploitable as the jackpot is constantly rising the longer multiball is in play. Just trap the balls and wait.

Decent table but nowhere near good enough for Farsight to consider.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Pretty sure FS is considering it, one of the refs said that it was an awesome table. Haven't played it yet but I HAVE played Star Trek 20th Anniversary which is quite a bit similar. Also TMNT has the "Ginzu Multiball" that is allowed for the highest-scoring player in a multiplayer game. Also YAY for humongous Jackpot fanfare!!!

I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!!!!!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Pretty sure FS is considering it, one of the refs said that it was an awesome table. Haven't played it yet but I HAVE played Star Trek 20th Anniversary which is quite a bit similar. Also TMNT has the "Ginzu Multiball" that is allowed for the highest-scoring player in a multiplayer game. Also YAY for humongous Jackpot fanfare!!!

I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!!!!!

I kind of like Star Trek, but mainly because of the endlessly loopable double ramp combo that is so easy and satisfying to pull off. It's the main objective in the game, too.

Just remember something about TMNT. Most annoying end-of-ball jingle EVER. And it's not skippable. Just some guy chanting "NINJA NINJA. NINJA NINJA. NINJA NINJA." Was that the ad break bookend in the original show or something?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Just remember something about TMNT. Most annoying end-of-ball jingle EVER. And it's not skippable. Just some guy chanting "NINJA NINJA. NINJA NINJA. NINJA NINJA." Was that the ad break bookend in the original show or something?

I never thought about that... perhaps it was, could someone trade me some old tapes of the 80s show ;)

Another good thing about putting this game in the collection is that there is an awesome revival of the show that currently airs on Nickelodeon. I'm sure putting the TMNT table in Pinball Arcade would encourage a large crowd of kids and adults to purchase the game.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I never got into the Turtles Cartoon, I loved the Pinball Machine and the 2 Konami Arcade Games. As a matter of fact I just had flashback of playing playing the First Arcade game, that's basically the same intro on the Cartoon as the Arcade Machine. That goes to show you how much I watched the Cartoon, but I loved this Arcade game plus the second one and The Simpsons. http://youtu.be/uxbbIYOqs5Q

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
The only time I've ever seen TMNT Arcade games were at Chuck E. Cheese locations.

You were lucky to have those... betting this was only back in the day in the early 90s.

I have never seen the TMNT arcade game but I am getting convinced to purchase the digital version of Turtles in Time just because PIZZA POWER

N

netizen

The pinball or the arcade game?

There was also an old school pen and paper RPG by Palladium games, for all the "Hard Core" gamers :cool:

20130203012714!TMNT_and_Other_Strangeness.jpg

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
You were lucky to have those... betting this was only back in the day in the early 90s.

I have never seen the TMNT arcade game but I am getting convinced to purchase the digital version of Turtles in Time just because PIZZA POWER

Yeah, our local one had it from '88 to about '93.

I remember one particular time when I made it to the level before the Final ending, but I had died and had to run and get some more tokens. The timer, once you die, gives you 20 seconds to continue. So I busted my ass to get tokens, and just as I'm getting back, I see some little kid and his friend pushing the buttons, ending my continue.... I could still kill them today if I saw them. lol

As for "Turtles in Time", DON'T buy any digital version, as it's a remake and a TERRIBLE one at that. I know it was up on PSN for a while, but got taken down once the licensing deal ended. I'm not sure if it's still on XBOX Live or not? If you want the REAL deal, buy the arcade, or get the SNES version. I've got it on SNES, but it continues to go up in price these days. The last I checked, they were easily selling for $55.00-$75.00, without the box or manual.

There was also an old school pen and paper RPG by Palladium games, for all the "Hard Core" gamers :cool:

20130203012714!TMNT_and_Other_Strangeness.jpg

There's actually more than 1, as my older brother had this one and the other one. ;)

I also still have some of the original comic books somewhere around here.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I hate to say it but...I like the arcade game WAY better than the pin. I even remember playing the GIANT six player in my youth. Ah, memories.

N

netizen

There's actually more than 1, as my older brother had this one and the other one.

Oh I know just how many there are/were. I spent many a Jr High lunch break playing palladium games. If it wasn't TMNT it was Battletech/Robotech, or Heroes Unlimited; summers were filled with D20s and the occasional over night NES bender of FF or Zelda.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
We have a 72 lane bowling alley here in Windsor. Back in the 8th and early-mid 90s. The wall opposite the lanes used to be lined with at least 100 arcade games and pins. OK maybe 50 I don't know as I never actually counted. I remember playing the tmnt arcade game there and being blown away by how utterly amazing it was compared to the first nes game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts