TMNT Data East

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Oh I know just how many there are/were. I spent many a Jr High lunch break playing palladium games. If it wasn't TMNT it was Battletech/Robotech, or Heroes Unlimited; summers were filled with D20s and the occasional over night NES bender of FF or Zelda.

My brother and I use to do the same, except for at school. We'd have RPG or/and NES nights.

Ahhhh, the days of "Dungeons and Dragons".

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
We have a 72 lane bowling alley here in Windsor. Back in the 8th and early-mid 90s. The wall opposite the lanes used to be lined with at least 100 arcade games and pins. OK maybe 50 I don't know as I never actually counted. I remember playing the tmnt arcade game there and being blown away by how utterly amazing it was compared to the first nes game.

That TMNT arcade game from 1989 was well ahead of its time in graphical terms
It was just brilliant
I spent many hours on it

Sorhp

Sep 29, 2013
I have the tmnt pin, my family loves it, I have a good time with it, if it were on apb I'd buy it :)

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I got to play TMNT pinball at Pinfest yesterday; it was always busy when I walked by it at last year's show. Not impressed at all.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I got to play TMNT pinball at Pinfest yesterday; it was always busy when I walked by it at last year's show. Not impressed at all.

My wife and I also played it at Pinfest today. My wife thought it was fun. She especially liked the spinning pizza. I had played it before and to me it's ok, but nothing special. It seemed pretty popular though. If it brings more people to TPA then it would be a good addition IMO.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If it was always busy, then that means at least it was popular and DID impress a lot of people.

That's not always true. It's always busy because it's TMNT.

It's widely acknowledged that "Star Wars" is a crappy table, yet everyone seems to flock to it at Pinball events. It's all about the license.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I love the TMNT table (Robocop too).

Learned about Robocop from both CGR and Bowen Kerins' tutorial. While I dislike the unbalanced spinner scoring I find the rest of the game to be one of Data East's best. Love the funky music, the jump ramp shot, multiball... that million shot... the list could go on and on.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
My wife and I also played it at Pinfest today. My wife thought it was fun. She especially liked the spinning pizza. I had played it before and to me it's ok, but nothing special. It seemed pretty popular though. If it brings more people to TPA then it would be a good addition IMO.

I played it at Pinfest as well and I would agree with your assessment of it being ok but nothing special. I don't know if it would be worth bringing to TPA though.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Learned about Robocop from both CGR and Bowen Kerins' tutorial. While I dislike the unbalanced spinner scoring I find the rest of the game to be one of Data East's best. Love the funky music, the jump ramp shot, multiball... that million shot... the list could go on and on.
Not to mention, the wicked light shows from getting the million shot and jackpot.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
That's not always true. It's always busy because it's TMNT.

It's widely acknowledged that "Star Wars" is a crappy table, yet everyone seems to flock to it at Pinball events. It's all about the license.

Well, it impresses them enough to walk over to it above other tables. That's what I mean.

With the latest TMNT movie coming soon, would this make licences harder for TBA to get hold of?

Well, that depends: Do you think that the recent Nickelodeon show would make TMNT-based licensing more difficult? I personally think so, but not by much as Viacom is usually pretty accepting of licensing deals.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Which Star Wars are you talking about? I don't think the Data East one is that poorly thought of. A bit shallow but still fun to play.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah, DE:SW is not widely acknowledged as being a crappy table to begin with. And with the new code, it's a fantastic table now.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Pretty sure FS is considering it, one of the refs said that it was an awesome table. Haven't played it yet but I HAVE played Star Trek 20th Anniversary which is quite a bit similar. Also TMNT has the "Ginzu Multiball" that is allowed for the highest-scoring player in a multiplayer game. Also YAY for humongous Jackpot fanfare!!!

I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!!!!!

Farsight has bad taste in pinball confirmed.

It's an awesome license with some hilariously bad art and bottom-barrel gameplay. I have quite a few Data Easts I'd like to see first.

Sorta reminds me of Rescue 911; a overrated, overhyped, subpar pinball.��

Where as Lights... Camera... Action!; underrated, not as hyped, lots of fun.��

I agree! R911 is terrible, LAH is underrated. It has some of the worst art I've seen on a table, but as Premieres go I actually rather enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts