• Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

karl

May 10, 2012
Hmm! This is not looking good.

Not taking any chances here. I have a backup plan that I will pick up tomorrow.

qyHM4J

(if the picture is not displaying correctly, it's a Paragon that will need some tlc)

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I don't know but we need some more votes for Paragon!! Come on people. They will make Xenon anyway at some point!!!
At this point, the polls are so closely matched that the difference between Xenon and Paragon (5 votes more for Xenon) is statistically insignificant. Fireball has clearly lost this three horse race, but clearly serves to take votes away from the others, possibly more from Paragon rather than Xenon.

It is painfully obvious that there are two camps here: those who favor Xenon and those who don't. All the more reason to do both as a table "pack".

The player gets added value and since both the tables are orders of magnitude less complex than later DMDs. As a result, the labor involved with producing these tables is less than say later generation SS or DMDs.

Lastly, since a couple people have brought it up, the playfield art is PG at best, PG-13 at worst. A few people suggested they would be offended if Xenon gets released for this very reason. Well, the only thing that I would personally find offensive is if the artwork gets "covered up." That is why if Farsight has plans to release a "Pinball After Dark," then they need to put Xenon in it and Paragon in TPA. Otherwise, release both tables as a TPA "table pack," censored playfield art or not.

Regardless, I voted Xenon in the first poll and stand by my decision in the runoff... :cool:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
At this point, the polls are so closely matched that the difference between Xenon and Paragon (5 votes more for Xenon) is statistically insignificant. Fireball has clearly lost this three horse race, but clearly serves to take votes away from the others, possibly more from Paragon rather than Xenon.

It is painfully obvious that there are two camps here: those who favor Xenon and those who don't. All the more reason to do both as a table "pack".

The player gets added value and since both the tables are orders of magnitude less complex than later DMDs. As a result, the labor involved with producing these tables is less than say later generation SS or DMDs.

Lastly, since a couple people have brought it up, the playfield art is PG at best, PG-13 at worst. A few people suggested they would be offended if Xenon gets released for this very reason. Well, the only thing that I would personally find offensive is if the artwork gets "covered up." That is why if Farsight has plans to release a "Pinball After Dark," then they need to put Xenon in it and Paragon in TPA. Otherwise, release both tables as a TPA "table pack," censored playfield art or not.

Regardless, I voted Xenon in the first poll and stand by my decision in the runoff... :cool:

I predict Farsight will "smooth off some edges", and there will be fans who scream bloody murder as a result. Won't bother me in the slightest, though.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Lastly, since a couple people have brought it up, the playfield art is PG at best, PG-13 at worst. A few people suggested they would be offended if Xenon gets released for this very reason. Well, the only thing that I would personally find offensive is if the artwork gets "covered up."

There's nothing offensive about Xenon. If people honestly think that there is, then they need to just stop playing the game. It takes just one glance at either Elvira table to see that the art for both is entirely more risque than anything Xenon has. Personally, I find the excuse of being offended as just another whine as to not pick Xenon.

In regards to PAD, no, Xenon is not going to be placed there, I've already asked. :)

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
If any "backup plan" includes using fake accounts for votes, than you're an idiot.

What are you blabbering about :confused: I was talking about buying the real thing

I said "Picking up". Would I be picking up fake votes??? I am not a politician

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hmm! This is not looking good.

Not taking any chances here. I have a backup plan that I will pick up tomorrow.

qyHM4J

(if the picture is not displaying correctly, it's a Paragon that will need some tlc)

Nice man! Pic isn't showing, but I trust you'll take more pics when you get it. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
To all the people talking about "whining" and other such stuff...c'mon folks, do you not know how to stay on topic? Talk about the PINBALL machines themselves and leave the other stuff out please.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Do you all know what the funniest thing is? That, in the real world, Fireball is the most valuable of the three. Not dissin' Xenon or Paragon. Just sayin'.

karl

May 10, 2012
To all the people talking about "whining" and other such stuff...c'mon folks, do you not know how to stay on topic? Talk about the PINBALL machines themselves and leave the other stuff out please.

Or start a podcast, ey Jeff ;) :D

Looking forward to the next (angry) podcast and thanks for the kind words. Hearing you go ballistic was one of last year's highlights for me. Didn't know you had it in ya, man :cool:

Ok! Back on topic: Go Paragon go!

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

If an active thread stays open long enough, it usually descends into this type of discussion, it seems.

Maybe we need to create a Farsight "issues and complaints" sub forum. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts