Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

gman42

Jan 4, 2015
Xenon and Paragon are both good but Fireball doesn't look that interesting. I remember Flash as being very fun to play though; out of the running for now. Anyone interested in the Bally wide-body Space Invaders? That would be cool to resurrect eventually, though just after this exercise. Since it had trouble looking like Alien I wonder if there are legal issues...

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Xenon and Paragon are both good but Fireball doesn't look that interesting. I remember Flash as being very fun to play though; out of the running for now. Anyone interested in the Bally wide-body Space Invaders? That would be cool to resurrect eventually, though just after this exercise. Since it had trouble looking like Alien I wonder if there are legal issues...

Space Invaders is awesome. And yes I believe there are legal issues. Too bad. I wonder if it's just the backglass or the entire table that is the problem. I'd vote for it over Xenon and Paragon.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If xenon is half as good as BoP, it would still be pretty awesome. From what I hear, they are comparable. Maybe because they are both 'one trick ponies'. But that doesn't matter to me. Transporter and Strange Science seem the same way as far as that goes, and those would be welcome additions to TPA IMO. The thing is, BoP just sits on the back burner, and that's why I went with Paragon. That's too bad about Fireball though. The fact that it's so behind. Makes me wonder how it would stack up against Flash, or any other losers from the first poll.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
As we were talking about the moaning ... no, don't stop it.
I assume this machine would have had less success with a male character and male voices.
According to this video, Suzanne Cianis told the producers that she wants a speaking machine with a female voice. I wonder if the moaning was also
her idea.. Anyway, I think this is an interesting piece of history and Suzanne Ciani is very h-- sympathetic.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014

Yeah I played Fireball, it is less than interesting. I bet if they did a third poll Xenon vs. Paragon most of the Fireball votes would go to Paragon giving it the win. Oh well I will buy any and all tables for TPA..the only one I demand is Eight Ball Deluxe

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Xenon for those that want to see it in action.

http://vimeo.com/34318976

Just wondering. It says Xenon is 1980. Paragon 1978. Wouldn't it make more sense that tables that are actually pre 1980 be most focused on this poll. Also since Xenon is 1980 they should have had Fathom as well. Unless of course Fathom is in the works.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just take a look at these other pins from 1980. Lotsa good ones. The order is most units produced. Nothing against Xenon, since it was so highly requested, and started getting made in 79. All I'm saying is, FS could easily have another poll with just 1980! Must've been a great year for pinball

...courtesy of ipdb

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I honestly think if Paragon had some sort of music, any for that matter, that people would pull for it all the way.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
As we were talking about the moaning ... no, don't stop it.
I assume this machine would have had less success with a male character and male voices.
According to this video, Suzanne Cianis told the producers that she wants a speaking machine with a female voice. I wonder if the moaning was also
her idea.. Anyway, I think this is an interesting piece of history and Suzanne Ciani is very h-- sympathetic.

Great to see a female developer. Her Xenon voice is smexy! Do want! :eek:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If only Embryon was released a year earlier. I like it a lot more than Paragon. Similar-style game (Bally super-widebody), but more interesting features and shots. Wouldn't mind Paragon, though.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Great to see a female developer. Her Xenon voice is smexy! Do want! :eek:
;). She is actually a composer/pianist who has done a few albums (pioneer of early electronic stuff) including music for films. Her sound effects and particularly appealing voice really make the game. Those rascals at Bally ;)

Look at the video from 3.40 where she is convincing them the voice could benefit from a female voice such as hers. Those two blokes must have been in their element.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
The moaning is nice, for a little while, but the other sounds (music?) on Xenon can really get on my nerves after a while. This is not a big problem in an arcade. You do not play one machine for very long and the sounds often gets muffled out by all the other noise. A home environment is something different.

I do want to have Xenon in tpa but i fear this is one table that I will not play that much. Just watch the videos of Xenon a few times and I believe it will become clear. duuutuuuutuuutuutuutuutuutututututututututututut. (pling, pling, plong is actually
a lot easier on the ears :) )

It is also one of the most shallow machines I have tried from any time period. Try a tube shot x 1000? It does have a nice ramp to show off(one of the prettiest of all time actually) and a nice playfield/backglass to look at but there is probably 30 other machines (at least) that I would like to see before it from 1971-1982. I guess you can never beat nostalgia, but I fear that those who have not played it and still votes for it is gonna be just a tad disappointed.

When it comes to Paragon, what you see (heaven) is what you get. When it comes to Xenon, it is not only the voice that is a tease ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Or start a podcast, ey Jeff ;) :D

Looking forward to the next (angry) podcast and thanks for the kind words. Hearing you go ballistic was one of last year's highlights for me. Didn't know you had it in ya, man :cool:

Ok! Back on topic: Go Paragon go!

Thanks man! I gave it my best :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I would like to see all 3...

HOWEVER:

The problem I see with Xenon is that it will probably be too easy in TPA, and since it's a one trick pony as Karl and others so eloquently pointed out, that won't be very fun. Look at how easy Bride of Pinbot's ramp shot is...and as a result it's not very fun because you better have a lot of time carved out when you sit down to play it because the games last FOREVER...and since Xenon has even less going on then Xenon, well I just can't see it translating to TPA in a way that will actually keep us coming back.

Paragon on the other hand has the chance to be a real challenge, as it should be.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.