Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Alright cool. Honestly I really don't have a horse in this race as I like all 3 pins, but I'm just afraid Xenon will be another BoP that rarely gets played in the long run.

Exactly my thoughts! Revisited BoP yesterday, and it's no joke that 1 game can last FOREVER. After a while every time I'd hear 'get the extra ball', I'd be like NNOOOO. After watching the video of xenon, it doesn't seem exactly the same. But they both are slightly creepy. It's like, why am I building a fembot again? And the moaning. With all that equipment and hardware, all she could come up with is oooh? Sounds like she just couldn't come up with anything to say, so she started ohing into the mic. The nostalgia value is not there for me. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. It's ok for me to have a table that I forget about, because some day down the road I'll pull it back out. Kinda like BoP yesterday, even though it was lasting forever, I had forgotten that it's actually pretty fun to try to get the 'big wheel' over and over. Does it stop awarding billions after a while? It was by far the best game I've had, and 10 big wheels in a row without billions. Just a side note

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Exactly my thoughts! Revisited BoP yesterday, and it's no joke that 1 game can last FOREVER. After a while every time I'd hear 'get the extra ball', I'd be like NNOOOO. After watching the video of xenon, it doesn't seem exactly the same. But they both are slightly creepy. It's like, why am I building a fembot again? And the moaning. With all that equipment and hardware, all she could come up with is oooh? Sounds like she just couldn't come up with anything to say, so she started ohing into the mic. The nostalgia value is not there for me. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. It's ok for me to have a table that I forget about, because some day down the road I'll pull it back out. Kinda like BoP yesterday, even though it was lasting forever, I had forgotten that it's actually pretty fun to try to get the 'big wheel' over and over. Does it stop awarding billions after a while? It was by far the best game I've had, and 10 big wheels in a row without billions. Just a side note
As someone who's favorite table happens to be Bride of Pinbot (the only one I completed all Wizard goals), all this talk of comparisons of Xenon to BoP just makes me that much more convinced that I casted the right vote.

BoP is sexy.
Xenon is sexy.

Not everyone on these boards is a pinball wizard. Xenon and Bride of Pinbot are great, rewarding, and accessible without the need to study 300+ pages of rules and table goals like I'm cramming for an exam, just to gain an understanding of what to do. For BoP, the objectives is simple: hit the ramp, build the bride, and don't lose your multiball. Even with the premium tables like TZ and ST:TNG, I'm just hitting the ball all over the place without a clear objective, and I'm not gonna sit there and spend 4 hours sifting through 1000+ pages of objectives and scoring rules.

Sometimes you just wanna unwind, and making a fembot moan and sing is all the objective you really need to feel like you've accomplished something... :eek:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
There seems to be this conspiracy theory (?) that Farsight don't want to do xenon, but if they didn't it would be easy for them to eliminate it from the polls. "Hey guys xenon is an awesome table and we hope to release it in the future, but this particular poll we said is for a table released pre 1980, and unfortunately for all you xenon fans out there, xenon wasn't released pre 1980"

I think it would be more suspicious they actually included xenon in the poll.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
There seems to be this conspiracy theory (?) that Farsight don't want to do xenon, but if they didn't it would be easy for them to eliminate it from the polls. "Hey guys xenon is an awesome table and we hope to release it in the future, but this particular poll we said is for a table released pre 1980, and unfortunately for all you xenon fans out there, xenon wasn't released pre 1980"

Quit arguing over Semantics. Xenon doesn't feel like a post-1980 table, does it?;)

It's like how Stray Cats and other bands were still doing Rock 'n' Roll even into the 1980s and still sold lots of records despite the fact that true Rock 'n' Roll was well on the decline by then.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
As someone who's favorite table happens to be Bride of Pinbot (the only one I completed all Wizard goals), all this talk of comparisons of Xenon to BoP just makes me that much more convinced that I casted the right vote.

BoP is sexy.
Xenon is sexy.

Not everyone on these boards is a pinball wizard. Xenon and Bride of Pinbot are great, rewarding, and accessible without the need to study 300+ pages of rules and table goals like I'm cramming for an exam, just to gain an understanding of what to do. For BoP, the objectives is simple: hit the ramp, build the bride, and don't lose your multiball. Even with the premium tables like TZ and ST:TNG, I'm just hitting the ball all over the place without a clear objective, and I'm not gonna sit there and spend 4 hours sifting through 1000+ pages of objectives and scoring rules.

Sometimes you just wanna unwind, and making a fembot moan and sing is all the objective you really need to feel like you've accomplished something... :eek:

Quit arguing over Semantics. Xenon doesn't feel like a post-1980 table, does it?;)

It's like how Stray Cats and other bands were still doing Rock 'n' Roll even into the 1980s and still sold lots of records despite the fact that true Rock 'n' Roll was well on the decline by then.

So well said StarDust4Ever.
I agree with everything you wrote.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

You missed the point of my post, I'm not arguing about semantics. I'm arguing against the conspiracy theory. Maybe I should be more specific: Some posts have been about how some think Farsight are going to great lenghts to avoid doing xenon. Some think the second poll was a way to avoid xenon, and some also seem to think that the reason there are pictures of paragon on TPA facebook is because TPA don't want to do Xenon.
I'm just saying if Farsight didn't want to make Xenon, wouldn't it be much easier for them to just disqualify it from being in the polls by referring to it not being pre 1980's? Much less hassle and that would be that, technicality or not. But as they haven't, I'm arguing that TPA don't have anything against doing Xenon. That was the point of my post.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If Embryon was on the list, I would have voted for that table instead of Xenon. Actually, if Fathom, Embryon, Paragon, Xenon and Sorcerer made it to TPA I would be a happy camper. Throw in Red and Ted Roadshow and The Shadow and you would never get me off my iPad.

Maybe I should choose an Embryon avatar and make the table go viral. Worked for High Speed!

You missed the point of my post, I'm not arguing about semantics. I'm arguing against the conspiracy theory. Maybe I should be more specific: Some posts have been about how some think Farsight are going to great lenghts to avoid doing xenon. Some think the second poll was a way to avoid xenon, and some also seem to think that the reason there are pictures of paragon on TPA facebook is because TPA don't want to do Xenon.
I'm just saying if Farsight didn't want to make Xenon, wouldn't it be much easier for them to just disqualify it from being in the polls by referring to it not being pre 1980's? Much less hassle and that would be that, technicality or not. But as they haven't, I'm arguing that TPA don't have anything against doing Xenon. That was the point of my post.

Let's not forget Farsight drew up the initial poll list in the first place. They asked for nominations, but they had the final say. If there was any table they really didn't want to do, particularly one that would be a likely winner like Xenon, they wouldn't have put it in the original list. This is just another TPA Fans conspiracy theory, like the "algorithmic level of difficulty".

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the horse has bolted a 2nd time,closed the gate and given us the bird maybe 2 birds.relax everone we`re not playing for sheep stations,it`s what you call a pinball machine.i went for XENON the1st timeand PARAGON the 2nd.who cares which table won,bottom line we`re going to get another table YA BLOODY HOO !!!:cool:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
the horse has bolted a 2nd time,closed the gate and given us the bird maybe 2 birds.relax everone we`re not playing for sheep stations,it`s what you call a pinball machine.i went for XENON the1st timeand PARAGON the 2nd.who cares which table won,bottom line we`re going to get another table YA BLOODY HOO !!!:cool:

If anything, this poll shows that people are adament about what they want. Good news for FS. What I don't get though, is when they'll say "I'm not going to buy anymore tables if paragon/xenon get made". That's just rubbish

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Extork agree 100 %.when I was a whipper snipper,every snooker hall or pinball arcade I went into,all I wanted to do was play every pinball machine that was there.:p

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Shoulda left it just so that could happen :)
Too bad it's an inside joke now. Nobody knows what we're talking about. But my reply was going to be "Dorothy Mantooth is a saint".

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

It's more suspicious that they included all these other pins. :)

I would have to say that by the Facebook feed, Xenon and Paragon easily were the most requested pre-1984 table. Eight Ball Deluxe is the only other pre-1984 table that comes somewhat close, from my impression.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's more suspicious that they included all these other pins. :)

I would have to say that by the Facebook feed, Xenon and Paragon easily were the most requested pre-1984 table. Eight Ball Deluxe is the only other pre-1984 table that comes somewhat close, from my impression.

Eons ago when Farsight did their first poll for the 80s Bally table, EBD was part of it, and FS claimed that each table in the poll would make it to the game, we were just voting on which would come first. Centaur won. I think they've probably changed their mind on putting the losing tables in. At least for the time being. Can't remember the other candidates.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.