Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Y'know, aside from the chat room and its' thread, I've never seen Hairy so passionate about something. Heck, even in the chat room, it seems he wants to talk about anything but TPA.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Y'know, aside from the chat room and its' thread, I've never seen Hairy so passionate about something. Heck, even in the chat room, it seems he wants to talk about anything but TPA.

paragons like a hoky grail to me ty for notcing

im irish when we get up in arms it goes ott

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
It takes awhile but eventually you will get most of it.

keyboard-key-board-melt-broken-computer_p.jpg

Day

Jan 9, 2013

can always rely upon Dedpop for a suitable image .... and what a picture ....one that would speak 1000 words .... errm wait, actually possibly not 1000, we seem to be a little restricted.

and there was i thinking it was some kind of mental acuity, dislexia rainman issue ...

Hairy, i'm so sorry.... i guess you must instead be suffering from fingertip RSI ? Too much key mashing it would seem.

(it's been a strangely fascinating thread this one... along a long bumpy and winding road)

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
does anyone here speak Heretic-speak ? i put this through translate.google.com and came up with nothing

I can't speak Heretic, I have a hard enough time writing or speaking English, but I've know everything this fine Ginger hair manimal has said from the day I joined this forum. IMHO he speaks very well.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I can't speak Heretic, I have a hard enough time writing or speaking English, but I've know everything this fine Ginger hair manimal has said from the day I joined this forum. IMHO he speaks very well.
On this forum, a lot of people are non native english speaker.
So it is more challenging for them to understand him.
I don't know if Hairy is disabled, but if not, then he is the laziest person I've ever seen on the internet.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Dear Farsight, I mentioned in my first post I ever listed which is above that this second poll was a lousy way to do business. After coming back to see where the votes stand, im absolutely blown away with the ineptitude your company (Mike Lindsay) have in Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations. I dont realy care at this point which machine wins. I amazed with you pitting your customer base against one another and allowing a sophmoric forum like this to influence your business decissions. Despite making a great simulation, you need to recruit some talented folks with business sense who can involve their client base in a professional way. Absolutely didgraceful.
I`m speaking for myself, I got into pinball 47 years not because I was smart ,it was because I WAGGED SCHOOL.i played because it`s fun.mate, pinball is for fun times,if you want something pro follow football anyone GRID IRON, RUGBY LEAUGE,RUGBY UNION,AUSSIE RULES & THE REAL FOOTBALL,now I`ll speak for most of us GALAHS,we just wanna have fun ,that`s all pinball is ,FUN !!! :eek:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
paragons like a hoky grail to me ty for notcing

im irish when we get up in arms it goes ott

The reason Paragon gets my vote is the game play. I love in-line drop targets, they are so fun to knock down. Plus, I would let one of my cousins' young kids play Paragon. If Xenon is the table and the kids saw the table on my computer, my cousin(s) would be very upset or worse because of the images on Xenon's table.

Wiktionary's entry on Paragon follows:

"paragon (plural paragons)

A person of preeminent qualities, who acts as a pattern or model of some given (especially positive) quality. [from 16th c.]  [quotations ▼]

In the novel, Constanza is a paragon of virtue who would never compromise her reputation.

Or as Eric Cartman would say:

I love Paragon
You love Paragon
If we didn't like Paragon
We'd be LAME

Be a Paragon of this forum and vote for "Paragon", the pinball table and you will feel like a preeminent citizen of the world.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I played a Superman recently. Not sure it was tuned right. It played really slow. But for it's time it looked cool. And if it had played faster it would be fun.

Yeah, the slow table speed has been my experience playing any of the Atari tables. It makes for some dull gameplay.

But it actually may be good for TPA as the table play tends to be much faster than the real deal (at least on most of the EM/SS tables). It might be neat to see an Atari table at one point - but maybe later in like Season 6.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, the slow table speed has been my experience playing any of the Atari tables. It makes for some dull gameplay.

But it actually may be good for TPA as the table play tends to be much faster than the real deal (at least on most of the EM/SS tables). It might be neat to see an Atari table at one point - but maybe later in like Season 6.

After playing several tables, most notably 4 unique Superman tables, all Atari games do play slow as mentioned. Age and maintenance does factor in. One Superman was unplayable and I couldn't even get the ball to go all the way up the table because of weak flippers. One table was especially fast in comparison and the ball had no problem traveling anywhere. The other two tables were in the middle with the ball going everywhere but at a slow creep when it was heading for the upper portions.

sid8580

Dec 3, 2014
I think they made a new poll because they DON'T want to have Xenon. It was winning by a landslide. Why make a new poll in the first place. Now it's trailing, which is exactly what they want

Yeah, this poll is silly.
Lets poll until we get the result we want. lol

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I think it's fair there is a new poll. Xenon shouldn't have been included in the first place. It's xenon against older pins, and it became a matter of divide and conquer.
If you make a poll and put one EM pin against a bunch of evenly rated DMD's, there's a fair chance the EM would win because the EM lovers would only have one pin to vote on and the DMD lovers votes would spread out among the DMD's. Likewise if you took the crappiest DMD against a bunch of excellent EM's the DMD would win.
I think the poll is STILL a bit unfair, I think most people who voted fireball would rather have paragon over xenon, and most paragon voters would rather have fireball over xenon.
Xenon looks more "modern" (wow a tube ramp!) than the rest and stands out more and seems more appealing to people who don't know these pins, and the ones who do are divided among the rest of the pins.

(Generally speaking. I'm sure there's nostalgic xenon lovers out there as well, just not that many.)

I could have voted for a bunch of those pins over xenon, and there's not much between paragon and fireball in my opinion, but hey it seems were probably getting all top three now so it's all good, maybe we're just voting for the order they are released.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
paragon, xenon is from other era - it has clear voice effects and much of lighting - it is simply not related to pre-80's, as people already had said here: it just like place on same poll bunch of gottliebs EMs (which are great for their era) and 1 bally's SS like Black Rose
k88dad, looks like we finaly can get it! =D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.