TotM (Feb) Heat Groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I can see all your posts . [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION]...

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I can see all your posts . [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION]...

He has good intentions. Might get a bit carried away?

Aarg. It's my own fault that I even submitted my AFM score. Only 2 other people. Either way, I'm glad I participated. It was fun in the long run, and a great experiment for the future tournaments. Only thing I've noticed that's detrimental are the people that didn't post their scores, or for some reason weren't able to enter. SYT, would it be possible to make the 12 hour window more doable to people all over the world? I realise 12 hours is a pretty large gap, but if it was 12 hours from 10am to 10pm wherever you are on the world, it wouldn't hurt. Maybe that's tough to manage. I'm not sure. I'm just asking. Also, for people like Frankie, maybe the sign-up date could be 2 days before. These are just ideas. Everything else has been great. It really did feel like a real tournament. And it's good to know we've got some honest people out there. Keep it up, and thanks for the hard work. I know you've been helping too Jared, so thanks to you too. Eventually those birds will bring your checks, haha, have a good one

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only thing I've noticed that's detrimental are the people that didn't post their scores, or for some reason weren't able to enter. SYT, would it be possible to make the 12 hour window more doable to people all over the world? I realise 12 hours is a pretty large gap, but if it was 12 hours from 10am to 10pm wherever you are on the world, it wouldn't hurt. Maybe that's tough to manage. I'm not sure. I'm just asking. Also, for people like Frankie, maybe the sign-up date could be 2 days before.

Two of the people who didn't post scores were FarSight employees...and they are in the same time zone as me! There were 2 other names that did not belong to the forum, which may mean they were bogus. I don't know why the final 2 didn't play, but you are correct that having people go missing hurts the overall format.

Frank didn't actually submit his scores, nor did he try to sign up. Somebody was having fun at his expense, and that is just poor taste. Fortunately Frank contacted me.

The 12 hour window is partly for my sanity. I've been updating info all day. I'm not going to be up for 24 hours, I'll tell you that! If we need to adjust the time it all starts, like moving it up to 7 or 8am my time or pushing it later, that we can discuss. Whatever the case, we'll work things out.

By the way...new table of the week is up :D It's No Good Gofers.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
What I say is, keep the format you've got until something goes terribly wrong. Just really wish we could keep these party poopers out. For your sake. Whenever there's internet, you're going to get the filth that comes along with it. Shet, I'd even pay to be in this HONEST tourney. Did I just say that? Oh yes I did. But why leave out people? You've really got something going here. Anything to keep the termites out, I would gladly help with. Is there any chance you could talk to FS to maybe get some way of locking this down (as if you haven't tried). If not, I've noticed that there are some FS employees going along with this. All I'm saying is, with some help, I'm sure it could become more official, yet still open to the public. There's gotta be a way. Money would help lol

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hey, I know I've said it before but thanks again for your hard work. Obviuosly you know it was appreciated. I speak for everyone when I say this, it's almost like you read our minds with the 'better' tournament format. For me, it was something to get really excited about and try my best. The funny thing is, I played differently. And that's what we all need is a change from the norm. Yeah, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's saying this went over well. I performed pretty much how I expected myself to, but it's all the more incentive to do better the next time. I'll shut my trap. Haha. Really had a good time though

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just for the record... I did NOT score 992B on AFM. It was a mere 99B, that 2 got in there by mistake on someone's part. I'd like to have got 992B and it would a helluva stop given the trillion rollover bug, but I'm not vikingerik!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I didn't really expect to be first in 3 groups, wow. It would be fantastic if TPA supported those kind of tournaments directly within the game. It's so much better than the grindfests we have at the moment. This created a nice tension and limited the time commitment at least for these tables.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just for the record... I did NOT score 992B on AFM. It was a mere 99B, that 2 got in there by mistake on someone's part. I'd like to have got 992B and it would a helluva stop given the trillion rollover bug, but I'm not vikingerik!

Ok. I was wondering WTF???!!!!!

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I was going to ask you eldarofsuburbia how long it took to obtain nearly a trillion on AFM,
But saw vikingerik's post that it took two hours for 556B, then roughly 4
Hours. But just an exercise of futility since the score was not posted correctly...but at least now I know roughly the time commitment to reach a trillion on AFM...or wondering how to kill 4 hours if I can up the skills

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I didn't really expect to be first in 3 groups, wow. It would be fantastic if TPA supported those kind of tournaments directly within the game. It's so much better than the grindfests we have at the moment. This created a nice tension and limited the time commitment at least for these tables.

So agree.

I'd just like the ability to play 2-4 player games - watch others an wait for your turn like the good old days.
Is that TOO MUCH to ask FS?

(Maybe a window for the waiters to trash talk the person playing LOL)

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.