TotM (Feb) Heat Groupings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Hey folks...

So as you may have noticed with the groupings, scores are starting to come in and if your name is in italics, it means it's been registered.

One person who didn't sign up but posted scores anyways is Montana Frank. Because I have 2 spots open (R8 and R9 only had 3 players), I'm going to go ahead and insert him into one of those groups. Hope you all are cool with that (because Frank is a cool guy!).
May I ask how I posted a score?

Thanks everyone for all their support of my character; I really appreciate it, but I didn't know I posted a score or how. (I was sober since I gave up alcohol for lent). I looked at the tournament last night after coming home from bowling and it was after 11 pm PST so I knew I missed this tournament sign-up. I am looking forward to the next one.

Please disregard my scores, I don't know where they came from. I've been spending a couple hours or more a day playing TAF and that's about it. :confused: :confused:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
hmmm very strange, if someones ****ing with you frankie ill eat them alive.. [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Done.
Not entirely satisfied but not dissatisfied.
Genie was a let down, didn't score over 1mill that was my goal :(
I only played AFM once because I need my beauty sleep (and I think my colleagues tomorrow will like me more if I'm not a zombie...)

I did bet a bit stressed as time rolled on; but playing good under pressure is what differentiates the chaff from the cheff... or something.

Didn't practice on Flight 2000 that much before this. I thought my game was over three times, but apparently I had an extra ball each time - that was the game I flunked out on because I was getting stressed for time :p
So maybe I will be satisfied; performed pretty good under pressure overall.

Everthing on steam overlay - some trouble with uploading to the cloud but I will try one more time before getting into bed.

Cheers everybody!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Thanks everyone for all their support of my character; I really appreciate it, but I didn't know I posted a score or how. (I was sober since I gave up alcohol for lent). I looked at the tournament last night after coming home from bowling and it was after 11 pm PST so I knew I missed this tournament sign-up. I am looking forward to the next one.

Please disregard my scores, I don't know where they came from. I've been spending a couple hours or more a day playing TAF and that's about it. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for speaking up. Even this tourney is getting trolled. I will remove your 'scores'.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
2 1/2 hours to go...still waiting on 12 entries. There are already some winners though as noted by the bold type.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

tumblr_lhaiylEVfH1qc0cxpo1_500.jpg

??? ;) ??? ;) ???

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
2 1/2 hours to go...still waiting on 12 entries. There are already some winners though as noted by the bold type.

Thanks for the hard work man! This was fun and kind of nice not having to grind.
Felt like a real tournament :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the hard work man! This was fun and kind of nice not having to grind.
Felt like a real tournament :)

That's what I was hoping for. Most people only know FarSight's version. It's a whole other game when playing like this.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
^agreed. Syt, don't laugh too hard when you see my AFM score. I've NEVER played that bad. Must've been pretty frazzled. Might as well have entered 0 as the score. Even though I played 2. Wtf

Had a couple other crazy things happen. First off, I very rarely tilt normally. Or even on the TPA tourneys. This time I was nudging like prom night. I seriously tilted 3 times on FP! Activated multiball twice, collected 2 EBs. Better than what I thought. But I'm still too embarrassed to say the score.

I was 100% honest, but I had a weird thing happen. I forgot to get the screenshot for my F2k. But I remembered the score, played up to that score and drained. Hope that's ok. Also I forgot the screenshot for my better AFM. But again, it might as well have been zero, so I just entered the lesser score. Genie was just aiighht.

Gotta keep in mind for next one...
1 don't forget the flippin screenshot.
2 take a short break before starting the next table (when angry)
3 practice more during ToTW
4 leave myself enough time to not feel rushed (no more plans for this guy on the last sat of the month)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Also...

Just noticed this group for AFM...
R2
Pinballwiz45b
Crepello55012
Dylan_h
vikingerik

....Crepello55012 - you poor soul. I feel for you. I'll have a drink for you. Didn't notice the results tho, maybe you crushed :). Either way, I'll have a drink for you. If not I'll still have one. Speaking of which, heretic you said you were gonna have a pow wow on the chat after all is said n done?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
My screenshots and scores: http://imgur.com/a/AM5L4

I warmed up for an hour beforehand on the other three tables but didn't bother with AFM.

I screwed up on Genie and played my first game on the 5 ball setting. Thought I was just doing terribly at like 600k score and had misremembered the pace of scoring on Genie, until it unexpectedly served up ball 4. Oops. 3 ball is far superior for scoring in all my experience on the table. Second game went well at 2.1M. I benefited a bit from the extra ball bug cropping up, although the last ball only got about 200k.

Firepower was the only table where I played two normal games. 1.1M and 1.7M, neither felt good but they held up in my heat. Firepower always takes a crapton of restarting and grinding for my regular leaderboard scores, more than any other table. That game is so swingy on house balls, you can drain a ton in a flash, probably worse than any other.

I don't think there was any rule about playing the tables in order, so I did F2K third and left the longer AFM for last.

I played only one game of Flight 2000 since 9.5M felt good enough. This table is really boring if played right: the right thing to do is ignore multiball and just pound the Blastoff spinner incessantly, since every shot scores about 70k in all and comes back to a railroad-guaranteed catch to do it again.

I did technically play two games of AFM although only one meant anything. My first game actually hit two quick drains, before I even killed any saucers, both into the right outlane. I punted that one rather than sink hours into a game down two balls. The 556B score took a bit over two hours, faster than I thought it would go. It was short of my trillion high because somehow I didn't get video mode many times, only 4 times in the game and only two gave the EB. I did get a Dirty Pool for the fifth (longest) saucer which was very satisfying (and saved several minutes), think that's only the second time I've done that in TPA.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Dirty Pool... ...satisfying (and saved several minutes), think that's only the second time I've done that in TPA.

I've only done it once. Pure fluke stuff.

There was no way I could dedicate the time I wanted to this today:

- weekend
- two kids
- distractions
- chores

I barely got enough time to get all eight games in.

That being said, I've only ever got around that FL2K score of yours once. And forget about it with AFM...

Great work!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so if you go to the first posts, you can now see everyone's scores. Names in bold are the winners of their group. We had 6 people who did not post scores (theirs are the names with no scores next to them!). I will try and post more results in a results thread, but I figured you guys would like to see how you did as soon as possible. I am still working on figuring out who the clear winners are of the whole tourney.

Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.