[/url][/IMG]
20131225_152246.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20131225_152302.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

ALOL997

Aug 5, 2012
Maybe its only a silly tourney. But i love pinball and competition. Im not a noob i fight for top 3 so i care. I write here to ask farsight how can they explain what happened to me today because i cant understand how its possible that yesterday i play in gold but today im in bronze - this is lmao.

Last edited:

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I don't want ALOL in bronze tournament either because he'll take my 5th place with ease :)

ALOL: my bad, I thought there was only a bronze and silver tournament.
I understand your pain. For me it's also the competition that counts. It's much more fun than competing against (probably) some hacked scores on the leaderboards and being able to see people come closer or surpass you urges a player to do better and learn more about the tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A rocking score is a rocking score no matter what tier level the place next to it. Keep putting up kick ass scores and the rest will take care of itself. You guys have some great scoring going on. Well played.

capslock42

Sep 23, 2013
Great fun with this one, although I still suck a CP. I had to put in some really killer games to get into the top 5, and most my scores for the tourney where Grand Champion scores for me as is pretty much required to keep up with the top of the top in silver. Cammanchee and I have been battling it out all tourney long and it sad that its gotta end tomorrow, but I cant wait for the next go round in gold Good Job to everyone that participated, just getting out there and playing more pinball can only help pinball survive.

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
I have to agree Capslock, it has been fun. I was thinking about trying to improve on a couple of my scores, especially Monster Bash, but I just didn't have time today with Christmas at my parents place with my brother, nieces and nephews, and then at my brother and sister-in-laws place. Add to that having to be at work around 8am tomorrow and it just wasn't going to work. My score on MB was bumped down to 22nd last I checked, so I figured that would be my first place to improve that could provide the biggest score bump. It's been a lot of fun and quite a challenge to try and keep up with you, sir moovenstein, and comboace. But as it looks like I will finish in fourth place for this tournament, I'm more than happy with my performance. Like you, I can't wait to get up to the gold level and really try to battle it out with the some of the best of the best of TPA and try to make a reasonable showing for myself.

damdamdamdam

Dec 22, 2013
Here's the best scores on the bronze tournament. The screenshots were taken a few hours ago. If you have a last minute best score, it won't show up on these. The tournament is not over yet, the final results might be different.

Last edited:

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Congrats damdamdamdam !

I'm very pleased with my 5th place too. Got top 10 in all of the tables except for Goin' Nuts where somebody took my number 10 spot today (so I'm 11th there). Too bad tournament scores aren't saved on local leaderboards / global leaderboards and goals aren't unlocked either.

Table overview:

Tables I didn't own before:
Goin' Nuts ... ugh ... pure luck I guess. Don't like the table at all and spent too much time getting a decent score on it. Had to mute my tv too :)
Centaur was hard for me. I got a random high score while I didn't know what I was doing with the table, after that all my games were bad. Then I decided to go with a more conservative strategy and it paid off (10th place on that table, had to work hard for it). A very hard table, but very cool ruleset and getting a good score makes you feel great. Great artwork too. Can't believe this table is as old as it is.
Champion Pub. Fun table, bit hard though ... those outlanes and punching bag STDTM. Read up a bit on strategy for the table after I felt I wasn't making too much progress. Found out the trick of jab combo into Smart Punch which is how I managed to get past both fighter 4 and 5 in my last 2 games, scoring me 200m+
Pin*Bot. Wouldn't have suspected I'd like this table as much as I do. I really had a great time playing this. (I'm usually not a fan of older non-DMD pinballs)

Tables I did own before:
Monster Bash: one of my first games immediately got me a score higher than my previous high score. I don't feel like I can do much better on this table without a lot of practice and luck.
Terminator 2: not near my own highscore, but a good score overall for myself.
Attack from Mars: frustrating. This is one of the tables I know best. On the game which scored highest in the tournament, I almost got a re-election: it was lit, but lost the ball. I can do better on that table.
My previous high score for Creature from the Black Lagoon was 600m, so to get the 2b score I had to really learn more about the table. I'm now a lot better at it. Still didn't manage to get the super jackpot though.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Wait wtf ... i go and check out tournament rankings and see this:

Bronze Tournament completed, You finished 256 out of 862 players. Only players who place in the top 10% of their current Tournament level are promoted to the next level. You placed outside of the top 10% so you will remain at your current Level for the next Tournament.

I guess it incorrectly takes everyone into account ?

ALOL997

Aug 5, 2012

Bronze Tournament completed, You finished 256 out of 862 players. Only players who place in the top 10% of their current Tournament level are promoted to the next level. You placed outside of the top 10% so you will remain at your current Level for the next Tournament.

So its not only me but this what happened to you m8 they can sort out because overall leadboards is correct. I wasnt that lucky i only had 3 tables score in gold than as you all already know i ended in bronze tournament by some glitch database server or how to name this... so i was unable to play rest 5 tables in gold... so now i bet im going to be degraded to silver by some game glitch its a bs. I dnt want to restet gold tournament because its not fair to other competitors but at least farsight should fix my problem and give me extra time to finnish this 5 tables or if its too much i shouldnt be degradated to silver. Still cant believe this lol.

damdamdamdam

Dec 22, 2013

Same thing here. I wonder how they computed the rankings. I don't care, there are proofs I was FIRST (on the bronze level, at least) ! Muhahaha !

Good job, everyone !

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
damdamdamdam: does it also say you ended 256th ? 256 is kinda a special number if you are a computer programmer, which is why I'm asking. It can help them track down the bug if you also ended 256th

damdamdamdam

Dec 22, 2013
damdamdamdam: does it also say you ended 256th ? 256 is kinda a special number if you are a computer programmer, which is why I'm asking. It can help them track down the bug if you also ended 256th

No, I was 158 on the bronze tournament. I wonder if it's not my entry from the previous tournament.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
dont know why it says I won the SILVER tournament when i was competing in the gold tornament in 1st, I won the silver tournament last time.
IMG_5537_zps1b75c3db.jpg

IMG_5538_zps71418375.jpg

same scores from the last silver tournament too? I had 765.00 1st in GOLD this was the only thing going for PS3 this month with 2 missed DLC's NO MEGA PATCH no information from 12 days of christmas and now the tournaments were all jacked up. :mad: watch i wont get the usual tournament winner write up AGAIN!

Last edited:

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Oh indeed, it's possible it's just the previous tournament results that are on there, it maybe doesn't update automatically !
If so, we just will have to wait a little bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts