TPA licensing agreement with Sony Pictures

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Never really heard of it before, just watched the promo video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dI5yGE2pPk)

Looks interesting. Keanus all over the machine and playfield though, does that make it less likely?

I remember doing a google search on whether or not Keanu Reeves was really an idiot or not.

A lot of people in Hollywood and in the media in general actually really like being around him, he's actually quite intelligent and surprisingly down to earth (according to statements by these people). Maybe he might just be reasonable about it.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I remember doing a google search on whether or not Keanu Reeves was really an idiot or not.

A lot of people in Hollywood and in the media in general actually really like being around him, he's actually quite intelligent and surprisingly down to earth (according to statements by these people). Maybe he might just be reasonable about it.

I never got the "He's an idiot because of how he talks" thing? I mean, I can name about 50 people in Hollywood that are more idiotic, just based on the crap they say.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
If you listen to the latest Blahcade podcast - (and you should! ) one of the things Bobby King from Farsight Studios talks about is a bulk licensing deal with Sony Pictures. He doesn't give out table details, but here is a list of Sony Pictures & related properties to get you thinking:

• Krull
  • Starship Troopers
  • Last Action Hero
  • Godzilla
  • Goldeneye
  • Mary Shelley ' s Frankenstein
  • Johnny Mnemonic
  • Spiderman

Think about those & smile :)...

This probably explains the reason Farsight was able to do Bram Stoker's Dracula without a Kickstarter.

PinBalt

Apr 8, 2012
So, he indicated in the podcast a new TPA original table based on a Sony property. Let' s guess and maybe a poll could be created.

I have one dream .... Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary table (Columbia pictures and now owned by Sony) please!!!!

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Doesn't Sony own Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? That's the only thing I can think of, but it seems like it would make for a great pinball theme anyways.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
AC/DC's songs are spread out among about 8 different labels, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

However... as the current owner of RCA, Sony *does* own all of Elvis Presley's songs.

So... assuming the agreement extends to the music division (maybe, maybe not)... add the Stern Elvis table as well as a possibility. Hmm.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
A Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary table ?
A great great great idea. :eek:

Cue Ray Parker Jr. and Raydio!!!

Seriously, once the SAM emulation comes along, another popular Sony property could come to TPA - Wheel of Fortune!

I'm not holding my breath.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
ghostbusters_pinball.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
However... as the current owner of RCA, Sony *does* own all of Elvis Presley's songs.

So... assuming the agreement extends to the music division (maybe, maybe not)... add the Stern Elvis table as well as a possibility. Hmm.

It would be cool to get a music themed pin up in here. I know a bowling alley with a Stern Elvis. It's a fun player.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It also has English. Possibly Real English, depending on how you read it.

That's a good feature. Unless everyone speaks with an English accent which would just be confusing. Seriously the orginal table has a lot of possibility and Ghostbusters would be the ideal license to run with if they can. Would have been great for Pinball2k but some of the things Jersey Jack is doing on Wizard of Oz gives me hope for a ghostbusters table to have some really awesome features (The crystal ball would be great for projecting ghosts).

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
So so far we got these Sony IP tables that already exist

Independance day
Last Action hero
Mary Shelley Frankenstein
Johnny Mnemonic
Close Encounters
Godzilla
Robocop
Starship Troopers
Goldeneye
Hook

Which is a pretty great list, anyone know of any more?

Here's a bunch that could work for the Orginal table

Bad boys
Leon The proffesional
Men in Black
Underworld
Ghostbusters
Desperado
Fifth element
Resident Evil
Cloudy With a chance of meatballs

These last 2 are just movies I like that would probably never become a pinball machine.

Groundhog day
Bicentenial man

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think we can scratch Goldeneye. James Bond is going to be on a level with Disney as far as getting anything going goes. Nonetheless, a Bond pin would be awesome.

Ghostbusters, now that, is something I'd gladly pay for.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.