TPA licensing agreement with Sony Pictures

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think it'll be Hook. It's a Data East table and, as far as I can tell, doesn't include any of the actor's likenesses.

But I'd love to see Johnny Mnemonic...

Pinball Django - was that you who figured out Hook was a sony property? Because you may have figured it out.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Someone ask Facebook Farsight if there's any chance of Total Recall, please :). I've had zero chance of contributing to any kickstarters so far, but I'd pay $10 for Total Recall. And more if they could make the head-to-head play work. (But before I get ahead of myself, I'd pay for tournaments on PC before this.)

Why would they make a table that only exists on a single whitewood (who knows if it still exists), and can only be played two-player? And simultaneous two player at that - a whole new mode they'd need to program for a single table. And who knows if the code is anywhere near completion.

This table isn't happening. Just download Pinballistik on PS3 instead - same idea. It's terrible though.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Why would they make a table that only exists on a single whitewood (who knows if it still exists), and can only be played two-player? And simultaneous two player at that - a whole new mode they'd need to program for a single table. And who knows if the code is anywhere near completion.

This table isn't happening. Just download Pinballistik on PS3 instead - same idea. It's terrible though.

White wood playfields are used on every pinball table developed as a first step in the physical machine so nothing odd about that. A 2 player machine is not practical for operators to profit or even home use for that matter. There are a few out there that are set up head to head which seems like a better layout. The total recall looks like it could work digitally so a single player could have to split their attention to two sinultaneous playfields and at times a third. That would be challenging!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
White wood playfields are used on every pinball table developed as a first step in the physical machine so nothing odd about that. A 2 player machine is not practical for operators to profit or even home use for that matter. There are a few out there that are set up head to head which seems like a better layout. The total recall looks like it could work digitally so a single player could have to split their attention to two sinultaneous playfields and at times a third. That would be challenging!

You missed my point about the whitewood. Farsight would have to design the playfield art themselves or just leave it blank and ugly. And like I said, we don't even know if the software for this machine was anywhere near completion. They would have to imagine a lot, spend a lot of time and effort "making" the machine. Which doesn't fit in with the motif of preserving classic machines at all. Plus, like I said, lots of software changes required to allow simultaneous multiplayer. It won't happen.

invitro

May 4, 2012
You missed my point about the whitewood. Farsight would have to design the playfield art themselves or just leave it blank and ugly. And like I said, we don't even know if the software for this machine was anywhere near completion. They would have to imagine a lot, spend a lot of time and effort "making" the machine. Which doesn't fit in with the motif of preserving classic machines at all.
Just to be clear, I am definitely not predicting that FS will make this particular machine. Just having a bit of fun.

But, it seems that FS will be making some original table. What are your thoughts on that?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just to be clear, I am definitely not predicting that FS will make this particular machine. Just having a bit of fun.

But, it seems that FS will be making some original table. What are your thoughts on that?

Probably a separate idea from "finishing" a table like Total Recall. Will be interesting to see what form it takes.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
You missed my point about the whitewood. Farsight would have to design the playfield art themselves or just leave it blank and ugly. And like I said, we don't even know if the software for this machine was anywhere near completion. They would have to imagine a lot, spend a lot of time and effort "making" the machine. Which doesn't fit in with the motif of preserving classic machines at all. Plus, like I said, lots of software changes required to allow simultaneous multiplayer. It won't happen.

Ah, thought you were referring to Data East. Yeah, Farsight would have a lot of work that would not even be worth attempting. Unless you can just put the picture of the girl with three boobs on each playfield. That would work.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
As long as they are covered it shouldn't be too bad. It's like Elvira. But replace that cleavage with ANOTHER BOOB!!!

Pinball Django

Sep 11, 2012
Pinball Django - was that you who figured out Hook was a sony property? Because you may have figured it out.

I don't think I said it first but it makes the most sense. It's a high profile (more or less) Data East licensed table and Sony property but one that shouldn't require a Kickstarter to fund since it doesn't use any actor likenesses. It does, I believe, feature Dustin Hoffman's voice as Hook.

But I would personally figure that Bram Stoker's Dracula would have more legal hurdles to overcome and that, as we know, was done with relative ease once the Sony deal was struck. So Hook shouldn't be too hard...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hook actually looks doable, because looking at the backglass, it doesn't look like they used the actors likenesses. Otherwise they would have some pretty expensive actors to deal with.

Someone asked about Hook on Facebook recently and the FS response was...right now we are not planning on doing Hook.
But they could be trying to throw us off the track.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Someone asked about Hook on Facebook recently and the FS response was...right now we are not planning on doing Hook.

i didn't realize Keanu was in the dot matrix of Dracula (no pun intended). it makes me think we will see johnny mnemonic sooner rather than later.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

Someone did ask about Phantom of the Opera about 3 months ago on the Facebook page, and the Farsight rep pretended to think there was a license attached to it. So anything is possible.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Lets face it folks, the facebook reps aren't exactly going to go "oh yes, that's confirmed, in fact here's a list of all the tables we've got planned for Season 4"

Don't take anything too seriously, they're just trying to do a job.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts