Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
How strange tripleplonq, I find that Big Shot is very well done and I have no concerns about the old EMs at all

Well I think TPA's rather simplistic representation of the game physics makes those older, simpler games boring, because the simulation is too deterministic and there are no complicated rulesets to beat.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Voted EBD, but I'd be happy with Centaur too. Fireball would require very accurate physics (though Whirlwind on PHoF wasn't that bad).

FelixTheCat

Dec 25, 2012
To Felix: So what? All 3 are classic Bally. Where does it say all have to be Mechanical or ss? Just choose and be happy ;-) It is about what table the fanbase want this time. Not the IPDB.
Karl, With respect, where did I write all TPA tables must be Mechanical or Solid State? You are quick to correct me on a point I did not make. I only identified each table's technology, I did not advocate one type was better than the other for TPA. I also never stated that the IPDB ratings should be used in preference to this TPA fan base poll, however, both the fan base and IPDB users overall presently prefer Centaur to EBD. Like you, I am happy that we will both enjoy these tables on TPA ;)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Karl, With respect, where did I write all TPA tables must be Mechanical or Solid State? You are quick to correct me on a point I did not make. I only identified each table's technology, I did not advocate one type was better than the other for TPA. I also never stated that the IPDB ratings should be used in preference to this TPA fan base poll, however, both the fan base and IPDB users overall presently prefer Centaur to EBD. Like you, I am happy that we will both enjoy these tables on TPA ;)

The ipdb user base is so small that it really shouldn't be taken too seriously. I mean, there are more votes on this poll than ratings on those two machines on ipdb.

FelixTheCat

Dec 25, 2012
The ipdb user base is so small that it really shouldn't be taken too seriously. I mean, there are more votes on this poll than ratings on those two machines on ipdb.
Yes, IPDB is a further point of reference - not sacred teachings. I agree with robx46.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Sounds like they should get robx46 to help beta test EBD when it gets made. :)

Likewise, I'd be up for testing Centaur. I have one and have recently restored it.

As both these tables will be scripted it's more important than usual to get them tested by people who know the games and their idiosyncrasies. Of course, every table is subtly different, particularly after 30+ years of play, but with a bit of testing/adjusting it should be possible to get a first release of both of these tables that is near-perfect.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sorry if I misread your post Felix. I thought you meant that they do not belong in the same poll because they are different type of tables. And it was not meant as a correction but a counter argument ;-) All good :)

FelixTheCat

Dec 25, 2012
Sorry if I misread your post Felix. I thought you meant that they do not belong in the same poll because they are different type of tables. And it was not meant as a correction but a counter argument ;-) All good :)
Yes, all good, Karl ;) Please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding. I celebrate that TPA will have more tables! Greetings from Sydney, Australia :)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey mods, adms, you people in charge of this fab forum. Has there been any new members signing in because of this poll? Since it was announced on Facebook I would guess a few of the lost souls (but good people) might find their way here to our lovely, cozy and friendly place by the (hot) fire ;-)

Yup, definitely gotten a lot of new members over the past few days. We usually have 3-5 new people a day, and I think we're closer to 15-25 a day now. It'll likely return to normal soon, but hopefully some of the new members decide to stick around.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm just ecstatic they we're getting all three of these puppies eventually. Gawd I love this app!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm just ecstatic they we're getting all three of these puppies eventually. Gawd I love this app!

It is kinda like being forced to pick what dessert you are going to eat first. And then realizing, "I get three desserts!"

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have to go with 8-ball deluxe. That should come as no surprise though as it was one of the best selling pinball machines of all time.

8BD got my vote as well. One of the first pinball games I was addicted to. Although this vote was more of toss-up for me-all three are great.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
Eight Ball Deluxe was one of the first tables I ever played. It will always hold a special place for me. I sincerely hope that we'd eventually get all three of these classic Bally tables, and that all we're voting on is which one comes first.

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Though it seems to be going well, I'm gonna make my plea for Centaur for good measure.

I've been going to pinball shows in Pennsylvania on and off for about ten years. Mainly the White Rose Gameroom Show in York and the Pinball Wizard Convention (now Pinfest) in Allentown. In all that time I have never seen a playable Centaur on the showroom floor. Just this past fall I saw a well worn Centaur in the flea market area. What did the guy want, you ask? 2 grand. Yea, nuts.

I've seen and played EBD quite often at the shows. Yes, it's a great table and quite fun but it hasn't gained the "I own one and am never letting it go!" status that Centaur has.
Maybe its because of the amount sold (much more than Centaur) or maybe its the cult status the table has garnered over the years. Ugly to some (especially when it came out) and beautiful to others. Kinda like the movie Blade Runner. Of note, my local operator knows a guy who has a Centaur and he's offered to buy it but the guy won't sell.

I'd like to see all three of these early Ballys in TPA along some others (cough, cough Fathom) but I believe Centaur's rarity and desirability earns it the right to be first.

That's my little rant and thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts