What implications does the new Stern-Pinball Arcade app have for PC?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Just thinking out loud...but wouldn't something like this take years to come out? Farsight seem to be able to produce 1 table per month and thats not without issues etc. TPA is pretty good now cause there are 60 plus tables. But I'm guessing it'll take some time before there'll be a whole release of Stern Digital Tables. Just wondering....

invitro

May 4, 2012
TPA launched with four tables. How are you getting "years"? :) I'll guess it launches in January with three tables, including Game of Thrones and the table after it, even if that's Star Wars Episode Seven or whatever the name of that movie is.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
TPA launched with four tables. How are you getting "years"? :) I'll guess it launches in January with three tables, including Game of Thrones and the table after it, even if that's Star Wars Episode Seven or whatever the name of that movie is.

I suppose I was thinking it may be released with a handful of tables...i forgot, these days apps are released and things are produced monthly. :)

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
I just noticed Stern actually does "code updates" to their machines after they've been released into the wild. If Farsight releases one of their current machines does this mean they'd also have to get these "code updates" from Stern?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yes the stern app would get the updates, either through romulation, or through a native code update (stern has source they can do native code instead for more performance)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Nice to still dream about what it could be before it is released. Afraid to see the final results with Farsight at the helm. Their idea of creating the best pinball simulation ever and my idea of that are so far apart it isn't even funny. The results from them so far are a joke as far as being the best pinball simulation on a cabinet.
I thought they were pinball fans? Or did they just want us to fork out the cash so THEY could exclusively have a great cabinet mode for themselves? They even bought a cab. I bet their cab mode doesn't look like the one they gave us. Sad. Way to F your customers.
What happened?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.