What Licenses Would You Like To See Made Into Pins?

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Some of these have already been mentioned. In those cases, count this as a +1. Some may have already been turned into pinball machines, but if they have, I haven't heard of them.

Monty Python (the complete works), The Big Bang Theory, Any Mel Brooks movie, Airplane!, The Naked Gun, The Princess Bride, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Time Bandits, Hugo, The Transformers (old 80's cartoon version), Thundercats, Robotech (the old Macross era), Starblazers, War Games, Ghostbusters, Saturday Night Live, Peanuts / Charlie Brown, Calvin And Hobbes, The Far Side, Harry Potter, The Chronicles Of Narnia, His Dark Materials (or at least the Golden Compass), The Illuminatus! Trilogy, Atlas Shrugged, The Matrix, Battlestar Galactica, 24, Sesame Street (pre-Elmo if possible), Three Stooges, Laurel And Hardy, Abbott And Costello, Rowan & Martin's Laugh In, Beetlejuice, The Fifth Element, Any Pixar movie, Fight Club, Chicago (the musical), Avenue Q, Les Miserables, Cats (the musical), The Rat Pack (Sinatra, Martin, Davis, etc.), Coming To America, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, Secret Of My Success, Land Of The Lost (the original Sid & Marty Kroft version), Press Your Luck (the game show), Card Sharks (the game show)

There are a lot of other licensed movies, TV shows, and other things that I'd have liked to have listed, but I don't believe they would translate as well to pinball.

24 is the only game on this list that was made into an actual pinball. The table was released in 2009 by Stern Pinball and designed my Steve Ritchie. Information about the machine can be found here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=5419.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Calvin & Hobbes:

Treehouse, Calvinball multiball, snowball fight (kicker that shoots back at you), windy return ramp (ala Whitewater) for his sledding hill, toys/shots based off of his imagination stand-byes (T-rex, Spaceman Spiff, Monsters), a Hobbes toy that tackles the ball, tons of color and 10,000+1 other ideas you could pull from the strip.

Massive universal appeal, family friendly etc...

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
The Transmogrifier turns your silver ball into a completely different ball. Think TZ's Powerball with more options.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Press your luck would be great! Loved that show. I'm sure they could find a way to work the animations into the DMD. Better yet, go all out and have the full LCD with them.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Giving this a bump, because hey, why not?

Spinal Tap: It's a metal theme (which traditionally seems to work well with pinball), it's humorous (which also works well with pinball, but usually only with original themes and even then, VERY hit-and-miss), has plenty of movie references for potential game modes:
* "Goes to 11"
* Spontaneously combusting drummer
* Mini Stonehenge
* Smuggle the foil-wrapped banana
* Lost while backstage (maybe a "find the ramp" mode, a la "find the girl" in Creature)
* "Sustain" multiball
and for when you disable Family Mode...
* Lick My Love Pump

And all the original cast members are alive, so they can do custom voices specifically for pinball!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Giving this a bump, because hey, why not?

Spinal Tap: It's a metal theme (which traditionally seems to work well with pinball), it's humorous (which also works well with pinball, but usually only with original themes and even then, VERY hit-and-miss), has plenty of movie references for potential game modes:
* "Goes to 11"
* Spontaneously combusting drummer
* Mini Stonehenge
* Smuggle the foil-wrapped banana
* Lost while backstage (maybe a "find the ramp" mode, a la "find the girl" in Creature)
* "Sustain" multiball
and for when you disable Family Mode...
* Lick My Love Pump

And all the original cast members are alive, so they can do custom voices specifically for pinball!

Holy crap,

I come into this thread thinking..."oh i'm so bloody clever, i'm going to come in here and say 'This is Spinal Tap' because of the release of recent metal based pins and we're all going to have a good laugh and everyone is going to pat me on the back"

FML

PS: I Agree

But you forgot Elvis Gravesite A Capella Multiball

N

netizen

double merge request:

digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6574-Ever-wondered-why-they-never-made-*this*-pinball?

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
You know what license I'm surprised wasn't made into a pin? Sonic. Freaking Sega, themselves, made pins, but never even made a Sonic pin. And said license is KNOWN to have pinball-like elements in most of the games. (There better be a Super Tails mode in it if it ever comes out.)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
You know what license I'm surprised wasn't made into a pin? Sonic. Freaking Sega, themselves, made pins, but never even made a Sonic pin. And said license is KNOWN to have pinball-like elements in most of the games. (There better be a Super Tails mode in it if it ever comes out.)

I've said that so many times on here! It's crazy.

But Super Tails being probably the most obscure super form there is (only appeared in one game, need 14 emeralds to get it), I doubt it will be top priority for inclusion on the pinball. Though the game would undoubtedly be mission-based, collecting Chaos Emeralds via missions, the wizard mode being Super Sonic!

I think Zen could do some cool things with the Sonic licence. With many SEGA licenses, actually. Plenty games crying out for a pinball made of them - JSR (grinding rails), NiGHTS (flying through rings on the habitrails), Super Monkey Ball (you ARE a ball in that one!) And plenty other less obvious ones.

AtomicDragon

Dec 2, 2013
I don't think there is a Felix The Cat Table.
I don't remember a Smurfs table either.
I wonder if pinball would have a larger female audience with a Hello Kitty Table.
I am definitely serious about the Grand Theft Auto table though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts