What Table Next for PS3?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm glad PS3 isn't my main and only system for TPA...I'm enjoying TAF on both iOS (main) and Steam. I'm waiting for the PS3 tables as well since I Kickstarted at the $30 level and got three systems but I feel for those who have to wait it out.

HiHat

Sep 12, 2012
Apparently with season 4 they are reaching the upper limits of the Vita's capabilities. FS said they are trying to optimize TPA on the Vita to get it out.

Grrr... I wish they would release the PS3 version before Vita. The hell with Vita...

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
TPA on FB:

"We ran into some limitations of the system, so we had to do some optimizing. We are aiming for next month, but we don't have an official release date yet. Stay tuned here. We will update when we have some solid dates booked."

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
TPA on FB:

"We ran into some limitations of the system, so we had to do some optimizing. We are aiming for next month, but we don't have an official release date yet. Stay tuned here. We will update when we have some solid dates booked."

This was referring to the Vita version, right?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Question was: "Ps3/Vita date?"

I assume the "limitations of the system" referred to Vita but can't be sure.

I wonder what the new tables are doing different to the old ones that the Vita can't handle. There aren't any new emulation issues, or anything like that.

Oh, and if the Vita has issues with running TPA, those who are waiting on a 3DS version can forget about it!

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
We're almost a half year behind other systems now. This is nearly a new record!

I'm one of those who have supported Farsight with a Season 4 Pass.I love TPA and will always support the tables but i'm not sure i love the people behind TPA.The money is the same yet PS3 customers are treated like third class.Just ain't right.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I'm one of those who have supported Farsight with a Season 4 Pass.I love TPA and will always support the tables but i'm not sure i love the people behind TPA.The money is the same yet PS3 customers are treated like third class.Just ain't right.

Same here.
And it scares me for the next season.
Will they totally drop us out ?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
otner than tpa being a cross-buy app (or whatever its called) why dont they release the ps3 version while they work on the vita?

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
otner than tpa being a cross-buy app (or whatever its called) why dont they release the ps3 version while they work on the vita?

THIS. U can buy a season 4 pass without any table available, why couldnt you buy a table on PS3/Vita with only the PS3 table available?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Because it's a cross-buy game: you buy a table on PS3/Vita, you have automatically the other version for free. Desynchronising the releases of PS3 and Vita tables would increase the already existing mess. And there's surely some contract rules with Sony.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I wonder what the new tables are doing different to the old ones that the Vita can't handle. There aren't any new emulation issues, or anything like that.

By "limitations of the system", I don't think it means about the game itself, but more the data structure.

Maybe the Vita can not handle too much patches, DLC, data additions (currently 30 table packs) and FS has to modify the data structure.

Just a guess.

Sony is known to have an awful OS regarding patching process and data managing on both PS3 and Vita. This seems to have been drastically improved on PS4.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
But Phantom if the Opera has been available on the PS3 for quite some time now

The same strange thing with the season 2 table-packs on PS4 in Europe. They were available just before Christmas 2014 for a short period of time. Then suddenly all of them vanished till now. Don´t know if they ever come bank as packs, maybe only with the season pass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts